• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Oil Change Since Owning Nsx

Idling, running or both?

Thanks for the reply.

Idle should be at what number?
Cruising around 45-55 what number?
Then getting into Vtech around 7k what number?

What mine does....

Idle around maybe 1
45-55 around 4.5 to 5
Then vtech mabye 6 then slowly down one point.

needle always stays consistant.

Thanks for the reply.

Idle should be at what number?
Cruising around 45-55 what number?
Then getting into Vtech around 7k what number?

What mine does....

Idle around maybe 1
45-55 around 4.5 to 5
Then vtech mabye 6 then slowly down one point.

needle always stays consistant.

i was wondering this myself, since this is my first NSX. Although i worked for Acura when i was younger, i never really dug into specs like this in the service manual (mostly because i only worked on 2 NSXs the entire year i worked for Acura)

If you remove the right rear wheel it makes an oil change real easy. If you leave the jack under it, be sure to put a jack stand under the rear jack point while you are under the car. Remember to re-torque the lug nuts to 80 ft/lbs.

Fill the new filter with oil before you put it on. It just saves wear on the engine when you first start it up. Engine oil on the o-ring is good too.

As said before ONLY OEM ACURA FILTERS!!!!!!!!!

By the way, what oil has been run in the engine?

Brad

Do most of you remove the rear wheel or not necessary?

Do most of you remove the rear wheel or not necessary?

If you don't have a lift and are just using jack stands, removing the rear wheel makes the job a lot easier but it's not necessary. Plus you can clean and inspect a bunch of things while the wheel is off.

Agreed removing the passenger rear wheel to do oil changes and drivers side wheel to do transmission fluid changes if doing them from jack stands. Just makes your life much easier for sure.

Back