• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First Pictures of My New NSX

At the end of our tour Tuesday, once the press embargo on the PMC RDX was lifted, they let my wife and I take our phones onto the factory floor to snap a few photos of our nord grey beast. I figure the fellow enthusiasts here might enjoy a few happy snaps, so here they are!

20200922_141011.jpg20200922_141024.jpg20200922_141104.jpg

how bad did you want to hop in and take it for a spin.....Boost in peace!

That looks like a fun and rememberable experience for you and your wife. Not many of us have the privilege to see our car "born" at the factory.
I wonder if the tour/experience was different between pre/post Covid? Hopefully you got the full experience, of course, in a safe manner.

Congratulations on the new car. The color combo looks great. With that color, it should be easier to slide under the radar (compared to yellow or orange).
What color interior did you pick?

Beautiful color !! Gonna love the car ---- it is SO under appreciated in the car community ---- Cheers!! Jay

Thanks, all. We are one step closer to REALLY joining you as members of this community! Let me answer a few questions.

We got the indigo interior--the only nord grey with indigo yet built. I didn't get any pictures of the interior because they still had protective coverings on everything, but I really like the combo.

There were a few differences in the tour due to COVID. In fact, they mentioned that we were the first tour they've given this calendar year, so they were trying out some new protocols on us and are going to be reaching out for feedback. Most obviously, of course, was that everyone had to wear masks. Typically you get driven from the hotel in downtown Columbus to the tour sites; in our case we had to caravan behind the tour guide and drive ourselves. And we did not get to physically attach our Acura logo or engine number plate, as those activities require fairly long times in very close proximity to the Acura technicians. So we got to hold the engine number plate and they took our photo with us, then we got to watch them install it and put on the engine covers which were the official last steps in the build.

Yes, we really did want to get in and drive it! But luckily we had the drive experience the next day so we did get to wring out the car (just not OUR car, which I was glad about because those cars looked pretty filthy after all that high-speed time on the track!). There was another COVID modification there, where normally you get to drive with the instructor sitting next to you; we each got our own NSX. So the instructor would talk to us about each course and what we were going to do, then we'd all hop in and follow him. He would take one lap slowly just so we could familiarize ourselves with the course, then progressively increase speed. We were all connected via our cell phones using Bluetooth so we could talk together during the runs as well. Typically my wife got a little less comfortable nearing the limits than I did, so she would end up pulling off and I'd get to do a few more laps trailing the instructor myself. I don't have the original experience to compare it to, but personally kind of liked following the instructor. I knew that as long as I stayed fairly close to him and ran the tracks the way he did, he obviously wasn't going to push past the limits of the car; I'm not sure I would have been quite as comfortable just running on my own.

Finally, we did not do a factory delivery. It is being shipped to Fremont where our friend powdbyrice is going to install a few accessories and then sell it to us in a couple of weeks. We're taking our time driving down the coast as our first chance to enjoy it in the wild, and honestly can't wait. If we didn't know before, we certainly do know now why so many of you rave about this car and the ownership experience.

Yes, as others mentioned, thanks for sharing the experience. Given the Covid situation, it sounds like they are taking the right precautions. I am sure it was tricky because they still want to take care customers, but also comply with health precautions. It is too bad you did not get to install the engine plate number, but better to be safe during times like this. You want to be covid-free so you can drive your new car. :)

Even though you did not get the same experience as the pre-covid customers, it still sounds like a good one and happy for you two.

I hope you were able to take your mask off for a few seconds and hold your breath for the photos so you can remember your happy smiles.

Time to remove (on order) from your signature now. haha!

Have fun taking your new car on HWY 1.

Great experience to add to your ownership experience.

I like the silver calipers, nice touch.

They should offer factory delivery, just put the plate on and take the scenic route home.

^agree 100% - the wheels, paint, and calipers go together peffectly - one of the best combinations, surely!

Reserving judgement on the interior, until the pics are posted.

Thanks for the compliments on the exterior color combination--it's nice to know I'm not the only one who loves it!

Once we take delivery, I'll post more pics showing the indigo interior with the nord grey exterior. It's not as perfect as the exterior gestalt, and I suspect some people will love it and others will be "meh". We though about going with full ebony, but I prefer the look of the two-tone color interiors. We were originally going to go with red (and red calipers) but on seeing that in person it was just a little too jarring for us. I know some people ordered nord grey with saddle, but that combo doesn't work at all for me. That leaves orchid, which I also considered, but upon seeing orchid in person it's just too white for my taste. True perfection would have been something like the greystone they offer on other Acura models, but of course that's not a choice which left us with indigo. The bonus is that nord grey was discontinued after 2018 and orchid was only offered starting in 2019, so the combo is (unless someone else custom-orders one this way) a one-of-a-kind NSX.

Pics to come in just a couple of weeks!

Thanks for the compliments on the exterior color combination--it's nice to know I'm not the only one who loves it!

Once we take delivery, I'll post more pics showing the indigo interior with the nord grey exterior. It's not as perfect as the exterior gestalt, and I suspect some people will love it and others will be "meh". We though about going with full ebony, but I prefer the look of the two-tone color interiors. We were originally going to go with red (and red calipers) but on seeing that in person it was just a little too jarring for us. I know some people ordered nord grey with saddle, but that combo doesn't work at all for me. That leaves orchid, which I also considered, but upon seeing orchid in person it's just too white for my taste. True perfection would have been something like the greystone they offer on other Acura models, but of course that's not a choice which left us with indigo. The bonus is that nord grey was discontinued after 2018 and orchid was only offered starting in 2019, so the combo is (unless someone else custom-orders one this way) a one-of-a-kind NSX.

Pics to come in just a couple of weeks!

Stunning car...

Since the car will be delivered to the Freemont Dealership, might I suggest that you purchase a 3M Pro film for the front of the car. You can probably get a slightly lower price by just getting the half hood and half fenders and not getting the mirrors. Here is a link to the vendor I used. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Scotchg...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 The application requires a squeegee and their are some on Amazon as well as eBay. Get the yellow ones. Anyway you can do it, or have someone locally apply. You will be happy you did, as the first rock chip is the worst experience. Even if you do it yourself and do a lousy job you can always pull it off once you get home. Just saying.... I think the color combination is great and will look super every time you open the door.

Very cool, love the color! Indigo should be a nice contrast. What kind of accessories are you having installed?

MMMMM plush mats...in my best Homer Simpson.....

Back