• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

found a Titanium (monel) key

A friend recently gave me a NSX key she found that some people call a Titanium key. It is obviously useless to me as its already been cut for another car. Not to mention it wouldnt work in my 05 NSX anyway due to it not having the embedded chip.

Are these of value anywhere? Should I keep it as an NSX trinket? It has numbers stamped on it so maybe it can be traced to a specific car? Or is it just another useless key?

Maybe I can shine it up and just hang it on the wall of the garage.

You can buy these keys uncut from SOS. I think they are about $100 or so. I have one myself. It should have NSX in red on both sides of the key?

Unless the owener can be found ... keep it as a tinket since you will not be abel to use it.

You lucky dog!!

Go to your nearest locksmith and have him re-key all your lock cylinders (doors, ignition, and trunk) to match your new found titanium key!!!:biggrin:

I forgot, you have a 05. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Post up the number on the key and we can see if it matches one of our cars. I am sure someone will have a match.

Too bad its not real titanium with a blue tip.:smile:

I had one of these cut for my 91, i think i paid around $100 for it. I keep it as the only key on my nicest alarm remote and use it when i am going to valet the car or show it off. Otherwise i just use one of the plastic covered keys i have on my key ring with all of my other keys and my cheaper alarm remotes.
It is a cool thing to have and i bought one for the same reasons why i also bought the factory car cover, valet key, owners manual, service manual and even the NSX- Hondas Supercar hard cover book. I'll also admit to having a "NSX Parking Only" sign in my garage in front of were i park the car. Okay, so maybe im a geek.:biggrin:

Back