• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FREAK accident advice?

ENSSEX

Suspended
Guys..driving down the road and hit a huge pot hole broke a 6 inch chunk out of my drivers front wheel and as a result the tire hit the fender lip cracking what appears to be the paint right on the lip from the stress i guess...

the kicker is I seen to be missing 2 of the tabs that the fender liner lines up with using those black push in type clips...

i dunno what i should do..this is a OEM fender with vin # on it and I really do not want to distub the fender bolts under the hood as i think the paint part can be fixed on the car but i have missing tabs..I looked back on the road and every where

any advice??? If i could get some tabs from a damaged one maybe i could have them welded on?? anyone help me out here??

I don't know how to exactly repair the car to your description, but I know that the Highway Dept. in your area is responsible to keep the roads in good shape. To that end, take notes as to exactly when and where the accident happened and make sure they cover all damages to your car.

I am not sure about the fender liner, but I would have the car scrutinized by a reputable nsx tech and make sure your suspension is okay and re-align the car. You could have bent something else also.

I am not sure about the fender liner, but I would have the car scrutinized by a reputable nsx tech and make sure your suspension is okay and re-align the car. You could have bent something else also.

I may not be understanding the damage done to the car. From your description you describe missing the black push clips that connect the wheel well black liner to the front quarter panel?.........if this is the case I got extra ones from a local Napa car parts store (generic Acura push clips).

if this is the case I got extra ones from a local Napa car parts store (generic Acura push clips).

I was told these were NSX specific by the dealer today. Hmmm.

Nope,

Ones I got from NAPA, perfect match (at least) from what i can tell. Broke a few putting on the Speedlingerie Bra :mad: ...and needed to replace the stock ones.

I think if you can get a digital camera and snap us a few shots, this would be way more productive;).

What year car?

Regards,
LarryB

Not true at all. Acura charges a fortune for these and i had to replace ALL OF THEM so i went looking around and found the exact same clips that had Nissan stamped on the box from a clip warehouse place i found on this site (using the search function) and they are an exact match. They were also less than a 1/4 the price of the Honda ones too. Ue the search and i'm sure youll find the link i'm talking about.

If you only need a couple though then just buy Hondas. I needed like 48 of them so i looked elsewhere.

I also am having trouble understanding what your describing as far as the damage is concerned. If the metal holes on the fender are busted then i would just have someone who can weld aluminum fix them because they are hidden behind the liner anyway.

Back