• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Freak out story

So I'm blissfully sleeping on a Saturday night. I'm not usually a light sleeper but for some reason I was slightly awakened by some tingling in my hair. It almost felt as if my hair was falling around of if someone was slowing running their finger across the top of my head. As I slowly came out of my sleepy haze, I realized there was actually something in my hair. It felt like a fly or something so I swatted frantically at it. I knocked it out of my hair, to which I thought it flew a way or fell to the floor. In my groggyness, I fell back asleep thinking the deed was done. Just as I was about to fall asleep again, I began to feel something tingling on my arm. I opened my eyes fast enough to notice something crawling on my arm. I popped up and swatted it away in a ninja-like manuver and saw something spider-like quickly scurry under my pillow. Having a slight fear of spiders, my heart was going a mile a minute and I quickly turned on all of the lights. Luckily I had my vaccum cleaner out for some spring cleaning. With suction wand in hand I slowly lifted my pillow, where a I found a 1/2 dollar sized spider crawling around. It was pretty big and thick, the kind you don't squish because it would feel more juicy and fleshy rather than crunchy. I quickly gave him a hoover-death and promptly removed all the sheets from my bed. I ended up doing laundy at 2 am because I was too freaked to go back to sleep. Man talk about getting the willies! :tongue:

Anybody else experience a freak out story like that?

man... i TOTALLY hate spiders... the new house i'm in has these pretty sizeable creatures... about size of quarter... not as big as yours... but defintely enough mass to cause a juice explosion if i swatted it... i usually use my swiffer broom to swatt it... then have my roomate clean up the mess :biggrin:

I once woke up in the middle of the night with the sound and "breeze" of something flying over my head... all I could see was a large shadow. Freaked me the hell out as I crawled out of bed and over to a light... hit the switch and there it was, a huge bat flying around my small room. He must have come in through the chimney. He wouldn't stop flying around so I started swatting covers at him and he finally clung to some curtains and looked at me all freaky with his beady eyes and teeth showing. His wingspan was huge!

I was finally able to get him to fly out of the window. Needless to say my heart was racing and I don't think I went back to sleep that night.

That's crazy. You need to get some keyboard cleaner to teach that spider and all his friends a lesson. What the heck kinda spider was it to be a half dollar in size? A tarantula?

I would look in the mirror to check your scalp for 2 small dots where he tried to suck your brains out.

I had a similar story, Back in college days, I stay at myers dorm at UGA. This dorm was not air conditioned back in 1990. One night right before I was about to fall asleep, I felt some thing crawling onto my face, the reflex move was to swatted it away from my face. I jumped off the bed and turn on the light to see what it was. It was a huge cockroach. This was a southern home grown sucker about 1 and half inch long hairy SOB. I notice the screen on my window has some opening due to bent screen frame. Looking out the window and I saw about 50 of his family outside my window. Next day I immediately ask for a room transfer due to excessive cockroach. :eek:

ugh.... i hate em... that would freak me out too -esp in my bed.

i am currently renting a garage at my apt complex, and after i got back from japan last year i found a bunch of black widows in the front corner of it.... :frown:

luckily a garage that was closer to my apt opened up and i moved outta there (after cleaning off my jackstands with all the cobb webs on em)....

now, like 8mos after moving into my new garage, i saw a big (as big as they get) black widow in the same area of the new garage. ugh, last thing i want to see when i'm going to be laying on the ground working on my cars.

i cleaned up the whole garage and amkeeping up on the cleaning now.... hopefully i'll never see one again.... those are really creepy

i got in the shower one morning, hung over and dog tired from a night of great adult exercise:biggrin: . I turned on the shower, let the get water hot, checked on my girl then stripped. I pulled back the curtain and got in the shower with a feeling of relief as the water was gonna cleanse me good and sober me up a bit. MAN i pulled the damn shower curtain closed opened my eyes and saw the biggest damned spider i had ever seen in my entire life! I had nothing to hit it with, it was up close and personal and i FREAKED OUT!!! I think it jumped on me then, in true ninja fashion i completely DESTROYED the shower stall all the fixtures and curtains!!!! Pulled all them shits of the wall!!!!!!!!!
I remember falling and freaking out, thinking, im naked and thes big ass spider is in here somewhere!!!!!!!
My girlfriend ran to the shower because of all the rukus. She said it sounded like horses running on the roof! By the time she calmed me down i had ran downstairs, wet and nude and sore because i had fallen numerous times. bumps on my head and shoulder, bruises and all. She told my family and friends that the shower curtain wooped my ass. She laughed the entire year about that and i was seriously scared to death. Call me a punk if you want.

After she calmed me down i went back to the fight scene and noticed that the spider must have drowned because it was to big to fit down the drain!!!! It seemed to be the size of a CD. It casued me to change all the lights in the bathroom and now when i take a shower it looks like a football field.:biggrin: man that was fucked up. :biggrin:

ahahaha.... great stories!

I recall another one when I was driving and had the sun roof open... out of the corner of my eye I saw something and as I glanced over it was a damn spider hanging from the sunroof RIGHT NEXT TO MY FACE!! This thing was purple and huge and I think had bumps or babies on its back.

Freaked me the hell out and the worst part about it was that I was driving and couldn't do anything about it. I can't believe I didn't wreck! I lowered the passenger window and hoped I could knock him out the window with a cd case. I hit it hard and all it did was swing back and forth now IN FRONT OF MY FACE. This sucked even worse as he kept lowering himself. I finally had to pull over, get out and smack him out of the drivers door from the back seat.

I was not about to let this thing survive, hiding in my car somewhere, and let those babies loose!

Worst day/driving experience EVER!

i got in the shower one morning, hung over and dog tired from a night of great adult exercise:biggrin: . I turned on the shower, let the get water hot, checked on my girl then stripped. I pulled back the curtain and got in the shower with a feeling of relief as the water was gonna cleanse me good and sober me up a bit. MAN i pulled the damn shower curtain closed opened my eyes and saw the biggest damned spider i had ever seen in my entire life! I had nothing to hit it with, it was up close and personal and i FREAKED OUT!!! I think it jumped on me then, in true ninja fashion i completely DESTROYED the shower stall all the fixtures and curtains!!!! Pulled all them shits of the wall!!!!!!!!!
I remember falling and freaking out, thinking, im naked and thes big ass spider is in here somewhere!!!!!!!
My girlfriend ran to the shower because of all the rukus. She said it sounded like horses running on the roof! By the time she calmed me down i had ran downstairs, wet and nude and sore because i had fallen numerous times. bumps on my head and shoulder, bruises and all. She told my family and friends that the shower curtain wooped my ass. She laughed the entire year about that and i was seriously scared to death. Call me a punk if you want.

After she calmed me down i went back to the fight scene and noticed that the spider must have drowned because it was to big to fit down the drain!!!! It seemed to be the size of a CD. It casued me to change all the lights in the bathroom and now when i take a shower it looks like a football field.:biggrin: man that was fucked up. :biggrin:

rofl3.gif

I'm afraid of spiders too (I do love killing them though!) and have a story to tell, although my story isn't from personal experience....it's the story of one of my best friends who is equally afraid of spiders.

So he buys a house in a new housing community, which use to be nothing but marsh and farm land before being developed into housing. New, fairly upscale place, but with creatures like snakes, spiders, and mice in his yard due to the community being so new.

One day he wakes up in the middle of the night thirsty, and decides to go get a drink downstairs from the fridge to quench his thirst. On his way to the kitchen, he notices that he left the vacuum cleaner in the middle of the downstairs hallway. Walking past it to the the kitchen, out of the corner of his eye he sees something odd near the vacuum cleaner but continues on to get his drink. After quenching his thirst, and now less groggy, he starts to head back upstairs but now takes a closer look near the vacuum cleaner and sees a dead mice a few feet away from the vacuum. Here's where it gets freaky.

So the white mice has some red on it, and there is a small trail of red leading under the vacuum cleaner. Being completely befuddled at this point, my friend picks up and pushes aside the vacuum cleaner and finds a big huge spider hiding where the vacuum cleaner was. He completely freaks out and in self defense he loses it and somehow obliterates the spider with the vacuum cleaner and later used the vacuum to suck up the pieces.

Clearly, he interrupted the spider not long after it had killed it's mice prey.

We don't know what spider it was, but anything that's big enough to prey on mice is big enough to be hazardous to my health (if only because I'll get a heart attack from seeing one)...

I read somewhere once that the average person eats over 100 spiders IN THEIR SLEEP over their lifetime! :eek:

The same thing happened with a big ass wolf spider when I was younger. I was afraid to sleep in my room for like 3 weeks because it freaked me out so much. When I finally got over it and went to sleep in my bed again the same damn thing happened that night! I also have a fear of spiders. I have gotten it over somewhat, but those big ass ones still freak me out.

About 3 months ago, I was getting ready for work in the bedroom, and noticed our dog was barking like crazy by the floorboard. I actually ignored her for a while, but when I looked she had cornered a 3 foot red colored snake. There's only one thing I hate worse than spiders...you guessed it! So I ran out to the BBQ, grabbed those large tongs and carried it out the front door in just my soiled undies...:redface: No idea how it got in and hope it never returns.

You guys have some funny stories! Here's my tidbit (no freaking out, more of a whew! moment):

I was helping a friend move out of her apartment. We lifted her mattress off the frame to move it out, and there was a very large spider underneath. I looked at it and said, "Hey, that looks like a brown recluse! But that's the biggest one I've ever seen!" We studied it up close (but not too close), and I even took a picture. I carefully vacuumed it up, because if you look at pictures of brown recluse bites, you do NOT want to take chances! Their venom kills your flesh! Here's an example:

2972day_3_and_the_skin_is_dying__1_.jpg

She was skeptical about the spider and so we later carefully compared the picture we took to pictures of the brown recluse. It WAS a brown recluse, and she had to admit I was right. It's horrifying to think she was sleeping just above that thing, and it could have bitten her at any time!

Sorry if this reinforces anyone's phobia.

I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one with a fear of spiders. :smile: I did check the vaccum cleaner and he was pretty dead (I HAD to make sure) :biggrin:

Some of these stories are hilarious. The funny thing is I had the "spider in the car" scenario happen to me and the "spider in the shower" too! The funny thing about the spider in the shower is that I wear glasses/contacts. Since I don't wear my glasses in the shower, my eye sight is a bit fuzzy. Sometimes I'll see black fuzzy things at the botton of the tub, which is usally lint or hair or something. I usually just splash some water on it and watch it go down the drain. Well this one time I saw a black fuzzy thing at the bottom of the tub and splashed water on it to flush it down. It was right by my foot and so it actually crawled on to my toe. It was then I realized it was a spider and I freaked. I jumped through the shower curtain (one of those plastic kinds) and ripped it right off the hangers. Then when I got up to run, my feet wet and soapy, I slipped, bounced off the countertop and hit the floor hard. It must have looked like a cartoon character spinning his legs really fast but going no where. There is something really comical about a wet naked guy running around in the house. When I returned, the spider was gone. I think it must have gone down the drain.

That's crazy. You need to get some keyboard cleaner to teach that spider and all his friends a lesson. What the heck kinda spider was it to be a half dollar in size? A tarantula?

I would look in the mirror to check your scalp for 2 small dots where he tried to suck your brains out.

No worries, my brain was sucked out years ago. Not much left but empty beer cans and tumble weeds.

I have no idea what kind of spider it was. It definitely wasn't a tarantual as it wasn't hairy like that. I would have guess a wolf spider, but they aren't in this area. It kind of looked like this spider, but not so round. It was more oval shaped. Ack, creeps me out just thinking about it crawling on my head an arm! :tongue:

spider.jpg

man... reading these things are just giving me the heebie jeebies.... kelly your story is HALARIOUS.... (but not that funny, cause i totally feel you!)

i'm typing with my feet tucked up in my chair right now cause i feel like somethings going to pop out now...

While at a cabin in the Adirondacks I was woken up after feeling something nibbling on my hand. It was a tiny little mouse. I screamed out like a little girl and ran out of the cabin. Someone captured the mouse and for the rest of the trip I was berated by the others in the cabin about the mouse.

This winter while I was in Florida I was headed out to the garage to get something and bumped the lawn mower. I thought I saw something move under the mower so I gave it a push. A freaking alligator was under the mower. Now it was only about a foot long but it scared the crap out of me. I ran in the house and told the other people who were there. My buddy comes out and we can not find the damn thing. He is looking around for the alligator but finds a toy dinosaur. I come out around the corner and he says, is this the alligator and throws the toy at me. I just FREAKED out! screamed and did the paddle swat with both hands to knock the thing away from me. Well my wife calls back up to NY and tells her 4 year old nephew about the whole thing. Now every time I see her nephew he says, "you screamed like a wittle giwl cause of the alligator", then he laughs and walks away. :biggrin:

As for spiders I really have no fear of them, but bees scare the shit out of me.

Back