• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Freak out story

Thanks guys for making my overnight shift here at work go by faster. Fotunately I work alone so nobody can hear me laughing by myself:biggrin:

Spiders? Here we find scorpions. pfffff

Funny you mentioned it my nephew have both spiders and scorpions amongst other creepy crawlies!!:rolleyes:

spider.jpg

scorpion.jpg

You guys are pathetic.:tongue: Unless its a Brown recluse or a Black widow you have nothing to worry about. Come on - it weighs what 10 gms and vs. an avg. guy weighing 175 LBS. Its just another lifeform that you share space with on this beautiful planet of ours. We have plenty of "critters" here in Texas and I get a thrill every time I find one in the house. I call my 4 year old son and gently pick up the spider or worm or whatever and show it to him, let it touch it and then take it out to the backyard and let the insect free. Its a free lesson on biology and nature for him.:smile:

Btw, I would love to see your reaction to the bugs in the rest of the world. Try India/S.E. Asia some time.:eek: :eek:

We were in Bermuda one time, trying to fall asleep when I hear pitter-patter of something running over my bed. I couldn't figure out what it was until I climbed up and looked on top of the wooden beams that ran across the top of the room. Cockroaches. World record sized cockroaches. I couldn't sleep thinking that ones of these things would fall and land on me while I was sleeping. My friend and I were up all night swatting these things with towels. My sister and her friend were staying next door and came over to see what all the screaming and commotion was about. (yes, my friend and I were both screaming like girls.) We would swat them off the beams, then they would buzz across the room and we would have to track them down and squish 'em. Just as they walked in, I swatted at one, sending it flying right at them. They screamed so loud, the entire island woke up.

And having a big spider in your house is actually a good thing because they take care of all the little spiders and insects in the house. For some reason, little spiders freak me out more than the big ones because I can't see them coming and they are sneaky! and the big ones don't seem to move as fast.

For a year or so I never noticed a spider in the house which seemed very rare to me. Then one day I found a huge black spider of some sort in my basement... well my first reaction was to kill it and I did. Several months after that I started noticing little spiders around the house now and then that I never had before. I bet he was cleaning house and we were living in perfect harmony until I discovered him and messed it all up.

Wolf spiders are harmless too and also great to have in the house although they prefer the outdoors.

The best are those huge jumping spiders that will like hump/throb on the ground as you approach them. Really freaky and man those suckers can move!

My buddy comes out and we can not find the damn thing. He is looking around for the alligator but finds a toy dinosaur. I come out around the corner and he says, is this the alligator and throws the toy at me. I just FREAKED out! screamed and did the paddle swat with both hands to knock the thing away from me. .

LOL

Use this,
7933435.jpg

I offer this as a service with professional product. This is the same thing and is about $20 bucks.

It works.

Wishing all of you many restful nights.:smile:

This reminds me of a fun little story from when I was about 15. I was at my cousins house out in the country, and my family was just hanging out when one of my cousins screams from the other room. We all rush in and there is a spider about the size of a golfball (not including legs), it was very tarantula looking but I don't think it was one. My cousin freaked out as it was walking across the floor and she grabbed a shoe and threw it at the spider. She connected, but as it hit we suddenly saw hundreds of tiny baby spiders scatter from the large spider, they were all riding on its back! We also took the hoover approached and vacuumed up every little spider we could. It was freaky, but I wasn't too scared because I don't have to live there :biggrin:

When I was maybe 11 or 12 years old I woke up from a dream about a spider on my face to find... a spider on my face. :D

He was really just a harvestman but he still scared the everloving crap out of me. My heart was already pounding from the dream and the accompanying jumping awake thing. Just when I was starting to calm down I noticed tiny itchy movements on both cheeks. I saw a blurry figure near the bridge of my nose so I let my eyes focus and the abdomen of the dude was RIGHT ABOVE MY EYES. :eek:

He was actually straddling my face. Legs on both cheeks and body directly in my line of sight. You can imagine the beating I gave myself. I have no idea if he made it through the attack since he disappeared and I never saw him again. But I'm sure if he made it he had a much better story to tell his friends. :D

As for spiders I really have no fear of them, but bees scare the shit out of me.

I had a bee fly into my ear while riding my bike... it was the loudest/freakiest noise I've ever heard in my life and I'm trying to smack the thing out of my ear while trying not to wreck the bike. He was buzzing around in there and stinging the crap out of me. That hurt like hell for a good week or so.

Also been stung on the a$$ cheek. I'm not afraid of bees, I actually think they are pretty cool.

These stories are funny.

I....uh....my wife doesn't like spiders either. :smile:

That's why we bought a house that has "tubes in the wall". They inject bug killer into tubes that are in the wall and that is supposed to kill anything that tries to get in. They service it every three months and treat the outside. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't, but it makes me...uh....my wife feel better.

No spiders...yet. :smile:

OMG haha I can't believe the amount of girly men we have here on prime! Though I count myself in that group.

I was visiting some family in Viet Nam one summer when I opened the curtain leading to a shower. I saw what I thought was a small crab, except that it was furry and hanging from a web. I almost crapped my pants, so I called my bro in to help me deal with it. And here's the amazing part: when we tried to throw buckets of hot water at it, it just jumped over the water! We were so freaked! A younger female cousin came and squashed it like it was nothing (her house). Man I didn't shut my eyes once during that shower even though my eyes were burning from the shampoo.

S.E. Asia is no joke. There are geckos hanging around on the walls, ants marching in droves, spiders everywhere, and huge lizards running around the gardens. This thread definitely brought back my fear of spiders. I have a friend who is so scared that he has flyswatter next to his bed. Ironic huh?

S.E. Asia is no joke.

That's the truth. SE Asia is no joke. I was in Thailand last month and trapped a huge cockroach in the shower under a coffee cup. Our resort was on an island/sort of in the jungle, so that's normal for roaches to be that big.

Then, the next day, I was chased down a hill by a monkey. :eek: Spiders are creepy but monkey's scare the cr@p out of me!

That's the truth. SE Asia is no joke. I was in Thailand last month and trapped a huge cockroach in the shower under a coffee cup. Our resort was on an island/sort of in the jungle, so that's normal for roaches to be that big.

Then, the next day, I was chased down a hill by a monkey. :eek: Spiders are creepy but monkey's scare the cr@p out of me!

Yeah... over here strays include monkeys:biggrin: Usually keep their distance unless if you got fruit tree in the backyard... Well horned bills loves fruits too, we got dozens in our area!

I woke up the other morning after a restless night sleep. Somehow a rather large spider had got into my bed and I'd rolled on it & squashed it. :eek: Freaked me out a bit coz who knows where it came from.

ko-nsx's shower story was great...lol

I was 8 or so and had just moved into a new house. I remember my maid\nanny crosslegged sitting on the floor with my empty fish tank on her lap. I don't remember WHY she had decided to clean it that way or if she was doing something else.

A decent sized cockroach started to scurry across the floor. Scream and CRASH ... no more fishtank.

I found a cockroach in my house the other day and spent a half hour tracking that sucker down. I hate cockroaches :mad:

Btw, I would love to see your reaction to the bugs in the rest of the world. Try India/S.E. Asia some time

Yeah, pop down to Australia. We gots' some spiders for ya.:smile:

One of my early memories was of my mother and i driving down the road in a Hillman Hunter. Suddenly the car jerks forward, then to an abrupt stop. My mother leaps out of the car, pink slipper deftly removed in the same motion. She then preceeds to wallop the living hell out of a child's hand-sized Huntsmen Spider. It dropped from behind the drivers sun visor onto her lap. Pretty funny as my mother is terrified of them. (Spiders not the car).:wink:

The kind that fling poo are the worst.

Saudia Arabia has some wicked big cockroaches. I only occasionally found them in my bed. :frown: I used to hike the sheets up in the air for a bug check before bed. On more than a few occasions a six legged bed-buddy was sitting there.

i got in the shower one morning, hung over and dog tired from a night of great adult exercise:biggrin: . I turned on the shower, let the get water hot, checked on my girl then stripped. I pulled back the curtain and got in the shower with a feeling of relief as the water was gonna cleanse me good and sober me up a bit. MAN i pulled the damn shower curtain closed opened my eyes and saw the biggest damned spider i had ever seen in my entire life! I had nothing to hit it with, it was up close and personal and i FREAKED OUT!!! I think it jumped on me then, in true ninja fashion i completely DESTROYED the shower stall all the fixtures and curtains!!!! Pulled all them shits of the wall!!!!!!!!!
I remember falling and freaking out, thinking, im naked and thes big ass spider is in here somewhere!!!!!!!
My girlfriend ran to the shower because of all the rukus. She said it sounded like horses running on the roof! By the time she calmed me down i had ran downstairs, wet and nude and sore because i had fallen numerous times. bumps on my head and shoulder, bruises and all. She told my family and friends that the shower curtain wooped my ass. She laughed the entire year about that and i was seriously scared to death. Call me a punk if you want.

After she calmed me down i went back to the fight scene and noticed that the spider must have drowned because it was to big to fit down the drain!!!! It seemed to be the size of a CD. It casued me to change all the lights in the bathroom and now when i take a shower it looks like a football field.:biggrin: man that was fucked up. :biggrin:

hahahaaha holy shit dude i haven't laughed that hard in a while.... *Tears running down my face* geezus! I would have had a heart attack

Yeah, pop down to Australia. We gots' some spiders for ya.:smile:

One of my early memories was of my mother and i driving down the road in a Hillman Hunter. Suddenly the car jerks forward, then to an abrupt stop. My mother leaps out of the car, pink slipper deftly removed in the same motion. She then preceeds to wallop the living hell out of a child's hand-sized Huntsmen Spider. It dropped from behind the drivers sun visor onto her lap. Pretty funny as my mother is terrified of them. (Spiders not the car).:wink:

OMG!!! Are those things poisonous? I know ive seen pics of those b4...

clockspider2.jpg

For fk's sake thats a big spider!

Back