• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front license plate citation

Last night I was going to the local cafe for a late night snack at 200th st. (Where the Lynnwood honda is) I was only cruising pass the traffic light around 25mph. saw the cop car in opposite lane, she made a U turn and pull me over; gave me a no front license plate ticket.

It was a lady cop, sound young and new. took her 30 mins to write me up.

hopefully it's just my bad luck, not because the edmonds/lynnwood police getting hungry.

what?!?!? When in the world did that become illegal? Ive never been into the license plate in the front of the car anyway. :cool:

Last night I was going to the local cafe for a late night snack at 200th st. (Where the Lynnwood honda is) I was only cruising pass the traffic light around 25mph. saw the cop car in opposite lane, she made a U turn and pull me over; gave me a no front license plate ticket.

It was a lady cop, sound young and new. took her 30 mins to write me up.

hopefully it's just my bad luck, not because the edmonds/lynnwood police getting hungry.

I think everything is getting a little more strict... like I said in another thread, a buddy of mine got pulled over for going 65 in a 60 (HOV lane in his motorcycle). He lives in shoreline...so perhaps the northern cops are money hungry.

I do not want to put a plate on my car....

That's a bummer man. It sucks because the NSX is pretty high visibility. Like I said in my previous thread, I got pulled over for no front license plate, granted nearly 50% of the cars in Colorado don't have a plate either (vans, family sedans, corvettes...).

BTW, I lived in Lakewood, WA for a long time with a pretty riced out prelude with no front plate - never got pulled over for it. Must be getting more strict from budget crunches?

I totally understood if I was getting pulled over by driving a little fast, or look fast, or my loud exhaust... but note I got pulled over just because I don't have a plate going 25 mph at 35mph zone. (just pulled off from a traffic light)... that's just bullshit*#$%$**

granted, I have no license plate on all my cars... and it's been a few years now. It's quite a project now I have to find plates and tried to installed plates on them.

I totally understood if I was getting pulled over by driving a little fast, or look fast, or my loud exhaust... but note I got pulled over just because I don't have a plate going 25 mph at 35mph zone. (just pulled off from a traffic light)... that's just bullshit*#$%$**

granted, I have no license plate on all my cars... and it's been a few years now. It's quite a project now I have to find plates and tried to installed plates on them.

There's an RCW that states if you have no place to mount a front license plate, you don't have to have one.

Look it up.... not sure how far you'd get with that...but it might help.

There's an RCW that states if you have no place to mount a front license plate, you don't have to have one.

Look it up.... not sure how far you'd get with that...but it might help.

Erik is correct and since I'm studying business law at this current moment in time I found the law he is refering to: RCW 46.16.240 and here is a web link to the law. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.16.240

It states that you have to get WSP approval to not run your front plate. I will be doing this at first chance!
Thanks for the heads up Doc! Oh by the way Erik I have my tires just waiting on my spacers to arrive. If you want to see the tires prior to a meet just let me know. Rick

Erik is correct and since I'm studying business law at this current moment in time I found the law he is refering to: RCW 46.16.240 and here is a web link to the law. http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.16.240

It states that you have to get WSP approval to not run your front plate. I will be doing this at first chance!
Thanks for the heads up Doc! Oh by the way Erik I have my tires just waiting on my spacers to arrive. If you want to see the tires prior to a meet just let me know. Rick

Nice find. If anyone gets this RCW approved for their NSX, we should all follow! lol

Yeah, I'd love to check the tires. I'll be changing mine out in a month or so... let me know how you like them when you start driving on them.

I'm just waiting for my brakes and new exhaust to show up...then seats, then tires.

Just my $.02 worth, but to help your case, let them know that the car doesn't even have a mounting surface (if it does, someone pls show me). So if we start drilling holes, we could devalue the car.

Just my $.02 worth, but to help your case, let them know that the car doesn't even have a mounting surface (if it does, someone pls show me). So if we start drilling holes, we could devalue the car.

Thanks I will use this information as part of my basis, my other one will be it will interfere with airflow to the radiator.

BTW, I believe the SoCal group is actually signing a petition for front license plates too. Maybe you can give them a shout to see if they have any info that would assist you.

just called Acura lynnwood, and to my surprised the front plate bracket is indeed available. (you would think it probably need to be ordered to make given nobody wants them and it's actually over $100 for that ugly chunk of plastic.)

So much that to explain to the judge "da plate can't be mounted"

Plan B, ordering a SOS stealth plate, taking a pic and asked for mercy.......

as a side note, anyone else would like to order one at the same time??
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...cts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Stealth_License_Plate/

maybe SOS will give us a little discount.
Let me know.

State, county & city budgets are in the tank right now. Tickets are easy, quick $ . More pressure than ever to generate revenue is the result.....it will get worse before it gets better in WA State.

just called Acura lynnwood, and to my surprised the front plate bracket is indeed available. (you would think it probably need to be ordered to make given nobody wants them and it's actually over $100 for that ugly chunk of plastic.)

So much that to explain to the judge "da plate can't be mounted"

Plan B, ordering a SOS stealth plate, taking a pic and asked for mercy.......

as a side note, anyone else would like to order one at the same time??
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...cts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/Stealth_License_Plate/

maybe SOS will give us a little discount.
Let me know.

Wow, I never even looked for this hmmm, maybe better off buying this unit and leaving it up and say you forgot to put it down after leaving the track :tongue:LOL, even though I don't track my NSX (track my avatar) I could always leave an old helmet in the car trunk:rolleyes:

This year I have heard a lot of us got pull over and issued a ticket for no front plate. I live in MN and it is a law to have front license plate. I got pull over once and issued a $200+ ticket but I got out of it after I met with the coolest hearing officer:biggrin: After that incident and don't want to waste my time dealing with the cop whom just doing his/her jobs, this year I decided to put the front plate on by using SOS front plate bracket -- it is pretty cool by tilting the plate a little to go with the lower front bumper. NSX is a head turn sport car, the cops will look at every inch of the car. My advice to all NSX owners, PLEASE PUT YOUR FRONT LICENSE PLATE ON! IT WILL WORTH YOUR TIME AND $$$:biggrin:

This year I have heard a lot of us got pull over and issued a ticket for no front plate. I live in MN and it is a law to have front license plate. I got pull over once and issued a $200+ ticket but I got out of it after I met with the coolest hearing officer:biggrin: After that incident and don't want to waste my time dealing with the cop whom just doing his/her jobs, this year I decided to put the front plate on by using SOS front plate bracket -- it is pretty cool by tilting the plate a little to go with the lower front bumper. NSX is a head turn sport car, the cops will look at every inch of the car. My advice to all NSX owners, PLEASE PUT YOUR FRONT LICENSE PLATE ON! IT WILL WORTH YOUR TIME AND $$$:biggrin:

thanks for the chime in, my ticket costs me $124; yeah, this SoS frame will get itself paid for if you indeed got a ticket.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about to citation Ferrand.

I think you guys may be interested in this product.

Here are some links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvM2dNzgHjI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC0SX6-c7I8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjOn_jWHxLk&feature=related
Swift Motorsports (no affiliation)
Nice find!
:eek:That made my day:cool: Have you seen this mounted on a NSX? I will have to give these guys a call tomorrow and check this out saw the price @$180.00 not bad considering! LOL

it's a cool find, but noway that will be fit under the spoiler, my car is only 2.25 inches off the ground in the front area. any bump on the road will take the whole thing out.

Back