• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Front license plate citation

Just got my 1st no plate ticket today in Issaquah. Damn bastards!

lol. Oh well, bound to happen sooner or later. Guess they have nothing better to do.

That sucks!

Do they have traffic light cameras in issaquah? I think that is a huge determining factor.

That sucks!

Do they have traffic light cameras in issaquah? I think that is a huge determining factor.

They have bastards in Issaquah...that's for sure. :wink:

I knew this was going to happen... lol. Which is why I bought the SOS plate for the other car. I was just waiting for my new plates to show up to do the new car. Oh well...hope they use my money for good, not evil. :wink:

sorry to hear that, Eric, shouldn't talk about the plate bracket this am... but then, if I were there, the cop might pulled me over as my car is more R I C E ...

maybe you got pulled over as your car looked so much like Vance's... Fast and Furious YO...... :biggrin:

sorry to hear that, Eric, shouldn't talk about the plate bracket this am... but then, if I were there, the cop might pulled me over as my car is more R I C E ...

maybe you got pulled over as your car looked so much like Vance's... Fast and Furious YO...... :biggrin:

I can't really complain. My first ticket since I was 16years old... so that's 17 years ago. I've done plenty of worse stuff over that time, I'll take this ticket any day. Just gotta look on the bright side.

However, pretty f-ing lame consider there were about 75 Ferraris/Lambos/etc down the road with no plates. hahaha.

Stupid FF movie.
:smile:

I still think you should contest the manner. You bought the car w/o a front plate in the first place, and second your waiting on your new plate"s".

I think ur right about it being location.

I still think you should contest the manner. You bought the car w/o a front plate in the first place, and second your waiting on your new plate"s".

I think ur right about it being location.

Is it worth my time to miss work for a $124 ticket? Only if my court time landed on a morning I wasn't working. Honestly, I'm just going to chalk this one up to bad luck....

I shoulda known better than to mess around in Issaquah...just took the wrong exit!

Just got my 1st no plate ticket today in Issaquah. Damn bastards!

lol. Oh well, bound to happen sooner or later. Guess they have nothing better to do.

At least he let Chris get away... must not have noticed his was missing too!

(I was going a little fast, but he didn't seem to care about that... which is probably why he 1st pulled me over...but then I guess he needed to book me with something).

HAHAHA, not pitty party here brother. Thats funny:wink: It must be the yellow that keeps them away from me:biggrin:

They don't know that; I've used that one before with success. BTW, the RCW allows for just such a waiver, seems like the F-Chat guys are on the case. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=138072078

I agree with you John they don't know if it creates issues with overheating or not. I may try to include some evidence using an infrared shot of the car with and without the plate. I'll test it first to see if I can provide any quantifiable evidence.

QUOTE=DrVolkl;1160834]Just got my 1st no plate ticket today in Issaquah. Damn bastards!

:eek:That is a bummer getting a citation right in the middle of us discussing this, but I like your attitude about it!:cool:

Last edited:
talked about slow, you guys didn't even spin the tires off the Bellevue honda entrance... even a civic hybrid does that!!!

Needless to say, I was disappointed.

I spun my tires!!! They're just so hard from being old and dried out that they don't make any noise...or leave any marks. lol

I spun my tires!!! They're just so hard from being old and dried out that they don't make any noise...or leave any marks. lol

Dude, this one is way to easy to comment on. I will refrane:wink:

I got pulled over last week for not having a front plate. The cop said that I was only going 9mph over, so he wasn't going to do anything about that... But then he said he noticed that I did not have a front plate. He looked a littler further and saw that my tags were 3 years expired...

Crazy enough, he let me go without any paperwork. I got lucky, however, I don't plan to ever put a front plate on my car.

talked about slow, you guys didn't even spin the tires off the Bellevue honda entrance... even a civic hybrid does that!!!

Needless to say, I was disappointed.

Spinning the tires? Man I was happy to still have a front bumper after coming in/out of that entrance.

just got a speeding ticket on a local speed trap, was late at night, I was sleepy, got clocked at 40 at 30.. and I really thought that was a 35mph area.

he then slapped a second violation of no front plate and total me $343 for a ticket. yeah, this time is in my miata, and yes, I told the cop someone hit me and the plate is in the trunk. He doesn't care.

Something very strange is that this cop decided to write me this ticket without having me sign it.. So what is it to prove that I received this ticket?

can someone have any experience on this tell me if I was correct?

Well here is your anwser all your trouble you need to give her a call.

http://www.mucklestone.com/index.htm

Jeannie will get you out of this ticket and you don't even need to go to court she does all the work and she is probly the best traffic lawyer out there. She had my 93 in a 70 thrown out 2 years ago and she just did the same for my son a couple of months ago.

Ferrand,
This has not been a good past month for you. Sorry to hear about your second citation within a month. Better luck to you going forward.

Hey guys just a heads up regarding Issaquah since I live there. The police there have been using laser a lot more frequently over the past year. Two particular spots you really want to be careful at are:

1) Heading northbound where Issaquah - Hobart Rd. turns into Front St. The speed limit goes from 45 to 35 to 25 in a short span of road. Where it becomes 25 mph is where they like to clock cars.

2) Continuing on Front St heading northbound (towards the I-90), there is a spot where Front St goes from single lane to 2-lane (right before the Front St / Gilman Blvd intersection). It's tempting as soon as it opens up to 2 lanes to zip past a car that you might have been stuck behind while it was a 1-laner, but there are sometimes police officers anticipating that kind of maneuver there as well.

Hey guys just a heads up regarding Issaquah since I live there. The police there have been using laser a lot more frequently over the past year. Two particular spots you really want to be careful at are:

1) Heading northbound where Issaquah - Hobart Rd. turns into Front St. The speed limit goes from 45 to 35 to 25 in a short span of road. Where it becomes 25 mph is where they like to clock cars.

2) Continuing on Front St heading northbound (towards the I-90), there is a spot where Front St goes from single lane to 2-lane (right before the Front St / Gilman Blvd intersection). It's tempting as soon as it opens up to 2 lanes to zip past a car that you might have been stuck behind while it was a 1-laner, but there are sometimes police officers anticipating that kind of maneuver there as well.

thanks for the heads up!

hey guys, I just found out that my no-front-plate ticket was issued and on the "owner/company if other than driver" the cop put as same as above, as in my name. Now my nsx is still under my dad's name only, can this alone be enough to throw the citation away???

thanks for the heads up!

hey guys, I just found out that my no-front-plate ticket was issued and on the "owner/company if other than driver" the cop put as same as above, as in my name. Now my nsx is still under my dad's name only, can this alone be enough to throw the citation away???

I doubt it. A friend of mine recently tried to get out of a ticket due to parts of it being wrong and the judge told him that errors on the citation are not grounds for dismissal. :frown:

I'm going to run a front plate until the economy gets better.

I'm going to run a front plate until the economy gets better.

I was real close to flipping my plate back down when you posted. I still might do it. I probably won't notice since I'm always inside the car or behind it :wink:

Back