• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Frustrated Buyer and Seller. (need advice)

Dewain27 said:
I say the two of them need to work it out. It sounds like both are willing to budge a little. I say get on the phone and work it out like adults. Best of luck to both of you to get it worked out. I am sure there is a middle ground.

Later,

Dewain

I don't know where you get "it sounds like both are willing to budge a little", Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX] will not take my calls, return my calls or return my emails. I put multiple calls over the last week without 1 being answered or returned. It's going to take two to resolve this. I can't do it myself.

Last edited:
well, my intention was that he would have to read it too.... it is clear that you are motivated to resolve it... now he needs to do the same. My point is that we can talk all day, but until the two of you talk again it will not get resolved. My post was encouragement that he should call and work it out with you.

Dewain27 said:
well, my intention was that he would have to read it too.... it is clear that you are motivated to resolve it... now he needs to do the same. My point is that we can talk all day, but until the two of you talk again it will not get resolved. My post was encouragement that he should call and work it out with you.

Thanks, I hope he does call and I appreciate your help.

Stick-e-rice said:
I sold my 16/17, although they were JDM with H centers and gunmetal finish for $1100 plus shipping. Wheel had minor curb rash on one wheel and tiny nicks all over on the 4 wheels if you really stare at it but overall above average condition.

I'd say $1100-$1300 is market value
Sounds like you're ignoring the inclusion of four new tires in the set that Andy sold to jag.

The packing job shows the full story. If a guy ships "Flawless Rims" like that he is obviously being deceptive. Taping a single piece of cardboard to two wheels with tires is crap. I origionally thought that the rims looked fine but cripes, after jerking a guy around shipping late and then taking no care to ship properly, that is simply a dishonest person. What a crock

My vote = Full refund

jag said:
I don't know where you get "it sounds like both are willing to budge a little", Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX] will not take my calls, return my calls or return my emails. I put multiple calls over the last week without 1 being answered or returned. It's going to take two to resolve this. I can't do it myself.
Jag - sometimes you just have to learn to move on. If I were you I'd go ahead and pay for the re-finishing myself, and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

And thanks for letting us know your side of the story.

The fact that Andy refuses to post here and respond to your / our questions makes it look really bad for him. Maybe he's stuck on a ship somewhere??

Anyway, best of luck and don't let this transaction get you down. In the big picture you will have lost a few dollars over a transaction, but at least you still have your NSX to enjoy. :)

nsxtasy said:
Sounds like you're ignoring the inclusion of four new tires in the set that Andy sold to jag.

That price includes tires assuming 70-85% tread were remaining as mine were sold with tires that were about 70-85% at 1100.

I should have clarified. I sold the JDM set cheap.:smile: Props to the buyer for making a deposit very shortly the listing was posted.

nsxtasy said:

Ken,
I've seen numerous sets of stock 16/17 rims that need refinishing go for $600-800 on this site. I felt the fact that Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX] did not have original factory size tires on the rims [225/45/16 and 255/40/17] were part of the reason that the wheel/tire package was not selling. They were originally listed 12/29/05 and didn't sell until 2/13/06. I based my decision to purchase on this information but also on his description of the condition of the wheels.

Here is a set of original factory wheels with original size tires [215/45/16 and 245/40/17] that were removed from a 2001 NSX when the car was new with only 400 miles that just sold on Ebay March 14th for $1300. I would have bid on these but was already involved in this purchase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-acura-nsx-original-rims-tires-16-17-like-new_W0QQitemZ8045097535QQcategoryZ66483QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I considered my purchase a "premium price" because of the oversized tires but was willing to pay $1725. because of the "flawless" wheels. Now I consider my purchase as "over paid" because of the oversized tires and the flawed wheels that need refinishing.

Last edited:
NsXMas said:
Jag - sometimes you just have to learn to move on. If I were you I'd go ahead and pay for the re-finishing myself, and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

And thanks for letting us know your side of the story.

The fact that Andy refuses to post here and respond to your / our questions makes it look really bad for him. Maybe he's stuck on a ship somewhere??

Anyway, best of luck and don't let this transaction get you down. In the big picture you will have lost a few dollars over a transaction, but at least you still have your NSX to enjoy. :)

I agree with you and others that say I have to move on. It's become obvious that Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX] is not responding to this thread or my calls and like my requests, the request from all of you to Andy to "do the right thing" continue to go unanswered.

I'd like to thank everyone that posted here for their opinion and their help in trying to get this resolved. As Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX] posted previously "this is a LESSON learned".

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
Jeffrey Gacek

Last edited:
Just for the records I paid in 2001 for OEM wheels out of a 1997 900$ with tires at 50% and no visible scratches. In the last years I saw several sets going for around 900$-1100$.

It could be that the market in Europe is different but I imagine we have less buyers... but at the same time less sellers.

I just paid $125 to refinish a badly "curbed" 02 OEM wheel. It was refinished to perfection. Don't know what a "proper adjustment" should be in this case, but I agree with the observation that the sudden quiet of GPW is deafening.

chicagoNSX said:
The packing job shows the full story. If a guy ships "Flawless Rims" like that he is obviously being deceptive.
Deceptive? No. Foolish? Yes.

NsXMas said:
More likely, he's reading all of this. He posted here thinking that he was doing the right thing, found out that he wasn't, and just doesn't have the decency to make things right.

Stick-e-rice said:
That price includes tires assuming 70-85% tread were remaining as mine were sold with tires that were about 70-85% at 1100.
Thanks for the clarification.

jag said:
I've seen numerous sets of stock 16/17 rims that need refinishing go for $600-800 on this site.
I considered my purchase a "premium price" because of the oversized tires but was willing to pay $1725. because of the "flawless" wheels. Now I consider my purchase as "over paid" because of the oversized tires and the flawed wheels that need refinishing.
My previous comment was not about your purchase price, but was simply in response to Sticky's comment about the price, before he clarified that tires were included in his own set.

At the time of the original agreement on the transaction, each of you (buyer and seller, Jeffrey and Andy) was satisfied with your understanding of the transaction, including the price and condition of the wheels/tires. Since then, differences have arisen regarding the timing (no longer an issue, "water under the bridge") and packing (another non-issue), as well as in your expectations regarding the condition of the wheels (the only remaining significant issue). IMO, the right thing to do when there is dissatisfaction over an issue like this - rather than arguing over the condition of the wheels and how to describe them - is simply for the seller to provide a refund and for the buyer to return the item.

nsxtasy said:
More likely, he's reading all of this. He posted here thinking that he was doing the right thing, found out that he wasn't, and just doesn't have the decency to make things right.

According to his profile page his last activity was today.

I spoke with VISA today and they have reversed charges on my card. They have instructed me to send the wheels back to Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX].

I cut new corrugated to cover all the rims and have bound the tires together with reinforced tape. Here's what they looked like before they are shipped. UPS Store said they would put shrinkwrap film around them before they ship.

Attachments

• IMG_0974.gif
    IMG_0974.gif
    97 KB · Views: 172
Congradulations. Well done.

So just out of curiosity, what will Andy do when he realizes he has to pay back VISA/Paypal? How does that work as he's already spent your money. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he has to explain that excuse to whoever.

Congratulations, jag. I'm glad you were able to achieve a resolution that you find satisfactory.

jag said:
I cut new corrugated to cover all the rims and have bound the tires together with reinforced tape. Here's what they looked like before they are shipped. UPS Store said they would put shrinkwrap film around them before they ship.
That's the right way to ship them. Actually, if the tape in the photo is the fiber-reinforced type, the amount of tape and the shrink wrap may be slightly overkill, but the extra protection won't hurt. (I've shipped wheels/tires successfully with about half as much tape and no shrink wrap.)

Andy, you will probably be able to re-sell your wheels and tires to another buyer who is less picky about condition, if they don't get scared off by the details posted here. You might have to settle for a lower price, though (and that's probably fair). I suggest you describe the condition of the wheels more accurately. I suspect you may be able to get more by selling the wheels and tires to separate buyers (and even by splitting up the two pairs of wheels) than as a set. Especially since the Yokohama AVS Sport is not a particularly desirable tire as tires go, and since the tire sizes are not the best ones for the NSX.

jag said:
I spoke with VISA today and they have reversed charges on my card. They have instructed me to send the wheels back to Andy Freeman [GPW_NSX].

Hmmm, I think you need more tapes on that!:biggrin:
Congrats for getting out of this sour deal. But I feel bad for you since you are losing money shipping the wheels back.
Regards,
Steve

Here is the copy of the receipts from UPS.
The tracking numbers are: 1Z5657464215411771 and 1Z5657464248745680.
The cost for shipping was 193.88 plus the $25. PayPal fee I won't get back.
$218.88 Total cost for a lesson well learned.
They are insured for $1725.

The tape is the reinforced tape. I did not want to expose myself to any claims that I did not protect or/and take the care to properly package the wheels/tires so they would arrive unharmed.

My life is good. I feel I tried to the best of my ability to resolve the problem both before and after it became public. I can sleep at night knowing that I've tried to do the "right thing", whatever that was.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Receipt1.gif
    Receipt1.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 78
  • UPSReceipt2.gif
    UPSReceipt2.gif
    51 KB · Views: 60
comquat1 said:
So just out of curiosity, what will Andy do when he realizes he has to pay back VISA/Paypal? How does that work as he's already spent your money. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when he has to explain that excuse to whoever.

Visa will file a claim against PayPal. PayPal will charge back Andy Freeman's [GPW_NSX] PayPal account. PayPal said he will be required to pay them back and will loose use of his PayPal account until it's repaid. If he doesn't repay, they will take legal action.

jag said:
Visa will file a claim against PayPal. PayPal will charge back Andy Freeman's [GPW_NSX] PayPal account. PayPal said he will be required to pay them back and will loose use of his PayPal account until it's repaid. If he doesn't repay, they will take legal action.

NICE! It's about time somebody on this site gets their just desserts for the way they conduct business.

This thread started off the right way, a frustrated seller asking how he can make a mess "right" We all gave him ideas, and he seemed to be responding positively. Then it got worse, and he eventually fled. It is too bad that a NSX owner would do this to family. He should have just refunded the money, and maybe split some shipping expense. It ended up bad for everyone involved. That is just sad.

Back