• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD and STMPO join forces to build the new FXMD Unlimited Time Attack NSX.

Building upon the tremendous success of our 2009 season, where upon we captured the Unlimited RWD Redline Time Attack Championship, broke numerous production car records, and claimed the new SuperLap Battle Record for Unlimited RWD, we have now joined forces with STMPO Race Products to build our new Unlimited Time Attack NSX.

STMPO has been entrusted with building a new cage, strengthening the chassis, and improving other supporting modifications on the car. Through this relationship many new RACE PROVEN products will be hitting the market in the near future.

Stay Tuned!

You can follow our racing endeavors at www.facebook.com/gofxmd

Building upon the tremendous success of our 2009 season, where upon we captured the Unlimited RWD Redline Time Attack Championship, broke numerous production car records, and claimed the new SuperLap Battle Record for Unlimited RWD, we have now joined forces with STMPO Race Products to build our new Unlimited Time Attack NSX.

STMPO has been entrusted with building a new cage, strengthening the chassis, and improving other supporting modifications on the car. Through this relationship many new RACE PROVEN products will be hitting the market in the near future.

Stay Tuned!

You can follow our racing endeavors at www.facebook.com/gofxmd

Cool! Can't wait to see it come together. :)

Thanks for the press release Ken... we won’t be updating the thread as much as we would like due to the time constraint and the amount of work on our plate... The ending goal is to make the countries fastest time attack car faster.

STMPO and FXMD have spent the past month designing what will be showcased to the world in Australia in MAY. The FXMD Race team was invited to compete in the World Time Attack Shoutout. … 20 cars from around the globe will compete with only two US cars invited.

Billy will test his skills against some of the most respected cars and drivers in existence. Our efforts are directed at providing him the set-up that will take down the Tomei R34 Skyline with 900 ponies and a sequential gear box… AKA – The most feared of the competition.

The entire community will benefit from the success the FXMD NSX this coming year… with many of the new products designed for the car tested before they are available to NSX owners.

Any possibility you may go with a longitudinal setup?

I wish we had the time... But our combined efforts are not focused towards what isn't broken. The car makes tons of power and need chassis support and weight reduction. Other mods will be as follows

1) STMPO AFI TURBO fabbed turbo hot and cold side including a 1000 hp WTA Innercooler

2) FIA / SSCA/ NASA spec rollcage

3) custom Turbo Airbox

all of the above has started....many others to be announced

Here is where we are with our other modifications...

1) cleaned out the wheel wells.

2) misc weight reduction throughout

3) Aluminum re-inforcment plates with aluminum bolt on re-bars

4) Custom parallel mount of the radiator and heat-exchanger

5) Newly engineered wing with frame rail mounting points

We will try our best to continue to update our progress.

Regards

Ross

Attachments

• fxmd refresh 003.jpg
    fxmd refresh 003.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 230
  • fxmd refresh 006.jpg
    fxmd refresh 006.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 222
  • fxmd refresh 007.jpg
    fxmd refresh 007.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 226
  • fxmd refresh 009.jpg
    fxmd refresh 009.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 213
What are the benefits of a longitudinal setup?

Well I'm sure someone else here could elaborate better than myself, but look at the Super GT NSX's in Japan and pretty much every race car built. The Super GT NSX's performance improved VASTLY over the previous generations when they turned the engine layout. In general, a narrower profile allows for better aerodynamics and cooling, while headers can run straight out the rear of the car instead of having to wrap under the engine, thus lowering the center of gravity.

Of course this requires a major re-engineering of the car, suspension geometry and transmission set up etc. and would require lots of R&D and testing. Perhaps someone should steal one of the retired Super GT NSX's and take it to the next level:wink:

Long live the NSX!

T

Well I'm sure someone else here could elaborate better than myself, but look at the Super GT NSX's in Japan and pretty much every race car built. The Super GT NSX's performance improved VASTLY over the previous generations when they turned the engine layout. In general, a narrower profile allows for better aerodynamics and cooling, while headers can run straight out the rear of the car instead of having to wrap under the engine, thus lowering the center of gravity.

Of course this requires a major re-engineering of the car, suspension geometry and transmission set up etc. and would require lots of R&D and testing. Perhaps someone should steal one of the retired Super GT NSX's and take it to the next level:wink:

Long live the NSX!

T
To add to what you said, when the SuperGT rules changed, the NSX pretty much morphed into an NSX-bodied Formula Nippon car. While using and NSX motor, the longitudinal transaxle had the suspension pickup points mounted to the transmission itself, making the transmission a structural member with no frame rails rear of the firewall.

The longitudinal setup allows for a lower placement of the motor, and removing the entire car rear of the firewall. Since we don't have a $60,000 transaxle and we are not making a pushrod suspension, A-arms, etc... the build is utilizing the stock transaxle layout and modifying the existing chassis substantially - pushing the stock NSX layout above and beyond what has ever been done before.

Thank you all for the continued support. Stay Tuned!!!

Billy

Good luck,I think we can all be proud of teams like yourselves keeping the nsx relevent to the world! When i saw your chassis pics I could'nt help but think of this guy http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126104,you may want him as a consultant:wink: If not for the car he seems to have a nifty "pit crew".

Good luck,I think we can all be proud of teams like yourselves keeping the nsx relevent to the world! When i saw your chassis pics I could'nt help but think of this guy http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126104,you may want him as a consultant:wink: If not for the car he seems to have a nifty "pit crew".

Dale has an impressive project... when were done with our chassis... we hope he is as impressed as we are of his project.

The entire design has a race spec purpose with a focus on rigidity and total weight. We are lucky to start with an aluminum uni-body in a "less restrictive" race class like the unlimited time attack.

Regards

What are the benefits of a longitudinal setup?

Long live the NSX!

The Esprit Time attack NSX is currently undergoing this modification.
Using twin Trust T518 turbos & Hewland transaxle.
They are still using the OEM suspension ect. Looks like they modified the fuel tank & moved the engine slightly into the Cabin.
I will try to scan some pictures from the Japanese Option magazine.
need to translate it also.

If you do any testing at Spring Mountain Track will you post that information?

Lance

The testing is more directed at part r&d and bringing proven products to the market.

The alliance formed here is to do just that.... but FXMD has redirected their focus to just what your're asking for...

I dont think there would be a better guy to talk to in the NSX world than Billy Johnson... he holds the track record at spring mountain.

PM me for Billy's phone number... he would be happy to answer any questions over the phone and he also offers instructional on site training and track consulting if your that serious about it.

Regards

Ross

May i ask if you guys will be competing in any other racing 'series' that will get air time on SPEED. Cuz i would love to turn it on watching you guys spank some BMWs, corvettes, etc...:wink:

The 2010 RTA is scheduled to be a filmed event... the amount of time in between the event and the SPEEDVISON show is still up in the air.

Regards

If you do any testing at Spring Mountain Track will you post that information?

Lance

Hey Lance, I will let you know when we head out there. Were shooting for the 3rd week in Feb so hopefully you can come out and run around with us!

Our racing schedule this year will be more diverse than last year. This is what we have scheduled thus far.

World Time Attack Challenge
Pike's Peak
One Lap of America
Tuner Car of the Year Shootout
Silver State Challenge
IDRC
Redline Time Attack
Super Lap Battle
Misc. Drag Racing

We are going to be quite busy:)

Our racing schedule this year will be more diverse than last year. This is what we have scheduled thus far.

World Time Attack Challenge
Pike's Peak
One Lap of America
Tuner Car of the Year Shootout
Silver State Challenge
IDRC
Redline Time Attack
Super Lap Battle
Misc. Drag Racing

We are going to be quite busy:)

Oh boy one lap is gonna be a festival of protests bombing attempts ect....We want a full report of how much bullsheet you guys have to deal with competing against some of those egos.Your entry will certainly cause much mayhem in the camps of the front runners.

We will be running a two car campaign this year, the one lap car will look like more of a street car than the unlimited car.

Also, forgot to add we are going to try and hit Bonneville or El Mirage for a top speed run!

It was a pleasure meeting you while you were in town Billy. We look forward to seeing how the car performs with the new changes :biggrin:.

Cool... One Lap at RA May 1st we will have a few there to cheer you on. Been a while since you been there Billy?

Cool... One Lap at RA May 1st we will have a few there to cheer you on. Been a while since you been there Billy?
That would be awesome! We would very much appreciate your support. I haven't been to RA since Formula BMW in 2004. Maybe you could give me a few pointers :)

That would be awesome! We would very much appreciate your support. I haven't been to RA since Formula BMW in 2004. Maybe you could give me a few pointers :)

I don't think you need any pointers Billy...Hope you guys make it !

The ball will be back in our court in the next week! Many more improvements to be made and of course lots of testing scheduled!

Back