• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FXMD Widebody Kit

HAHAH true ... I knew IBTL (In before the lock) hahah that is new, thanks!

Seen jim's car in person....prolly the nicest wide body on the market... fitment is best ive seen.

Last edited:
Tracking testing first on 2/25-26 at Spring Mountain along with the FXMD Cricket car & crew...then it goes to paint right after that :biggrin:

Looking good Jim. Get it painted!

Where's the dyno sheet and Spring Mountain test videos?!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oh, sorry, didn't know if you saw them or not. I added a new one this morning I missed.
Yes, have some of the Dyno runs on another memory card I will download in a few minutes.
I was driving in all these video's. I don't let anyone else drive it other than my son Eric who has helped me put it all together who has total respect for it, and Billy Johnson for set up advice and my continuing education.
Too much money, time and effort in the car to just let anyone drive it. I figure if it's going to get destroyed at any point in time, it better be me that does the destroying so I have no one else to blame but myself :eek:
Right now, it's faster than I am, but I will be catching up with it the more practice I get with it.

Saw those yesterday when you posted up the first link. Car looks fast on the track. Any engine bay pics or dyno vids?

Who was behind the wheel in the videos?

Last edited:
Yes Jim please post videos that are longer than just a tease......:rolleyes::tongue:

I am like all getting into it and then the video ends.....:mad:

hmm maybe you should leave it unpainted till you have ascended the learning curve with that much power.:cool:

hmm maybe you should paint it doo doo red till you have ascended the learning curve with that much power and then paint it berlina black.:cool:

I totally agree with doc here...:cool:

Which is why I was in no big a hurry to paint it for the last 2 months :wink:

But now that I have been driving it for 2 months and had it out on the track for a few days, I figure it's time to paint it.

The power curve isn't that hard to deal with, different than a SC-FI car in the since you have to be a little lighter on the gas coming out of corners, stay further a head of the car, and know your brakes can handle the speed that the car can produce at the end of any straight-aways and carry into corners.

It's very fast getting to very fast....

Out of turn 7 on the Radical Loop and down the very short straight, with my SC, I was able to get to maybe 100, now with the Turbo, I was hitting speeds of 120+ before braking. If I get better roll out of turn 7, I can probably hit 130+ down this short straight.

At 120, I was staying in front of the Radicals in this area. The Radical Loop is a very, very tight 1.5 track. It's a very technical handling track more than it is an all out go fast track.

The important thing to me is learn the new power and not let my ego overload my gas peddle foot or braking at these new speeds I'm getting.

It's all just time and practice :biggrin:

Mitch, the head safety director at SM told me on day 1, I was in and out of boost here and there when on the gas. On day 2, I was in boost most of the time when on the gas. Which means I was getting faster and more comfortable with the car and it's potenial.

I'm in no hurry and have nothing to prove to anyone but myself....I do this completely for fun and to make sure I stay broke 99.9% of the time....nothing else matters to me but bringing my car home in one piece.....

hmm maybe you should leave it unpainted till you have ascended the learning curve with that much power.:cool:

Last edited:
LOL....funny guy Eddie, LOL.....
I heard somewhere that Black was faster than Red...

Hey, I'm working on a open Track Day at SM for May 1st on the Radical Loop...are you going to be in town ?

I totally agree with doc here...:cool:

Last edited:
Call me and let me know....I should be back around that time....I'll probably fly there for the weekend if anything.

Very cool, it would be great having you out there with us with or without your car...I will call you as we get closer...well, probably before then to say hello :biggrin:

Call me and let me know....I should be back around that time....I'll probably fly there for the weekend if anything.

Now that I think about it John, if it wouldn't look so Trailer Park, I would leave it.

I can't even begin to tell you how easy it is to patch/repair and rattle can paint primer over and be done :biggrin:

I have to say there is a "freedom" in that.Besides at sema last year matte black was the rage.Or just vinyl wrap the whole car,that was the next biggest rage.

Last edited:
It's just nice John not having to worry about dings and chips in paint...
But, it needs to be painted to be really finished...sigh....

I have to say there is a "freedom" in that.Besides at sema last year matte black was the rage.Or just vinyl wrap the whole car,that was the next biggest rage.

Back