• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ga state patrol does it again! hehe

Why am I having problems posting??? I cant post my story..........
frown.gif

I'll try this again---

Going back home from a meeting downtown, i'm headed towards the interstate... Downtown atlanta has many interchanges that are banked and VERY fun at higher speeds (not recommended
biggrin.gif
) I got onto the interstate and blasted down the highway towards my exit... changing a few lanes and getting thru the somewhat thick traffic. As I near my exit, I see a GA state patrol car coming up from behind- didnt see him anywhere until that point.. so i started to slow down and change lanes toward my exit -as did the officer.. I thought, Ok I guess i'm going to get pulled over; no big deal. Half way through this interchange (one of the best in atlanta) he turns his lights on... I pull over immediately and he walks up to my window.

Officer: "Drivers license and proof of insurance."
Me: "....*hands him the insurance and license*..."
Officer: "...*looks at license* Please step out of the car Mr. Johnson."
Me: "....Yes sir...*steps to the rear of the car*..."

[This message has been edited by Electro (edited 30 October 2001).]

Here's a test of any limits on the length of posts:

Going back home from a meeting downtown, i'm headed towards the interstate... Downtown atlanta has many interchanges that are banked and VERY fun at higher speeds (not recommended ) I got onto the interstate and blasted down the highway towards my exit... changing a few lanes and getting thru the somewhat thick traffic. As I near my exit, I see a GA state patrol car coming up from behind- didnt see him anywhere until that point.. so i started to slow down and change lanes toward my exit -as did the officer.. I thought, Ok I guess i'm going to get pulled over; no big deal. Half way through this interchange (one of the best in atlanta) he turns his lights on... I pull over immediately and he walks up to my window.

Officer: "Drivers license and proof of insurance."

Me: "....*hands him the insurance and license*..."

Officer: "...*looks at license* Please step out of the car Mr. Johnson."

Me: "....Yes sir...*steps to the rear of the car*..."

Officer: "Can you tell me what the problem is?"

Me: "uhm... Well *thinking it depends on what he saw as to what I'll admit*..... I have important business to take care of."

Officer: "Don't you think you were going a little fast?"

Me: "I may have been going a little fast?"

Officer: "No you WERE going very fast!"

Me: "Yes sir I was going over the speed limit."

Officer: "AND?!"

Me: "... and I may have changed lanes a bit too rapidly."

Officer: "NO you WERE changing lanes rapidly and without signaling."

Me: "Yes sir you're right."

Officer: "What is the speed limit?"

Me: "55mph sir."

Officer: "how fast were you going?"

Me: "60...65 maybe...?"

Officer: "AT LEAST 65mph...Now all the other drivers on this road don't have the obvious driving skills you have and a car that can perform as your's can. The more you drive like that the more likely it is to cause an accident."

Me: "Yes sir. *biting tongue -thinking -I could say alot here but I wont*..."

Officer: "...*begins to crack a smirk* Will you obey the posted speed limit and signal beforee changing lanes?"

Me: "Yes sir absolutely...*notices smirk and smirks back*..."

Officer: "Be careful and have a nice day *Hands me license and insurance- smirks* ... nice car!"

Me: "..*smiles* Have a nice day. Thank you sir...*laughs all the way home*...."

That was amusing....

-Electro

Back