• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest: Comptech Superharger Group Buy

trust me, if i did'nt run the track as hard as i do and was able to drive it more I would...makes perfect sense..but for me its just another mechanical thing stuck to the engine I'd have to worry about.

trust me, if i did'nt run the track as hard as i do and was able to drive it more I would...makes perfect sense..but for me its just another mechanical thing stuck to the engine I'd have to worry about.
I'm working on a simple and elegant solution now. I'm not going to go another year w/o track driving the NSX damn it! Def not willing to pull off the blower to do so.

Guys I think it's only fair that when I negotiate the best deal I will ONLY provide it to people that have been serious and put their name on the list. If you want to sit out, and get a "deal" last second by jumping on the bandwagon without doing anything to actually help me negotiate a deal, then you don't deserve to be part of the deal. I'm doing everyone a favor, with no interest in this myself, I think the least someone can do is say "hey turbo, I will help you and everyone else by making a commitment, putting my name on the list so long as you hold up your end and come through for me". Whatever is on eBay, it will either not be legit or priced higher than what I will get. I'm not negotiating with a vendor. I'm negotiating with the MANUFACTURER. There is a big difference. You can only do that when you have a large quantity of interested buyers.

Jerminator, I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. I do understand where you are coming from. You don't want to be part of a group buy that offers you no better pricing than what you can just go out and get. I assure you, that will not be the case. So if you want to help me out and make a commitment by putting your name on the list, I promise to hold up my side of the bargain and getting you the best price possible

Last edited:
Will it make my car sound like this? :smile: I have the same setup right now - the sc.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YaRGwtQ9tG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like my house hunting may be put on hold, so I'm tinkin about it.

Guys I honestly expected 4-5 people. We have 20 on the list already. If everyone buys that's almost a 180K order to Comptech. I think we will still get more people.

Last edited:
Will it make my car sound like this? :smile: I have the same setup right now - the sc.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YaRGwtQ9tG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks like my house hunting may be put on hold, so I'm tinkin about it.

At 0.43-0.45 you can clearly hear the supercharger. I personally love the whine. Please note whine is ONLY there under load near maximum throttle. Otherwise it's pretty quiet.

Last edited:
Guys I honestly expected 4-5 people. We have 20 on the list already. If everyone buys that's almost a 180K order to Comptech. I think we will still get more people.

That's a HUGE order! Shouldn't it be at least the price of the NOPI GB in the $7000-7500 range you think?

Last edited:
Good lord. I've had the car for barely six weeks and you guys post videos of this temptation. :mad:

That's a HUGE order! Shouldn't it be at least the price of the NOPI GB in the $7000-7500 range you think?

Let's not start speculating with random numbers. The NOPI GB took place during the breakup of Comptech machine and CT engineering. Plus, that was SEVEN years ago and parts costs aren't the same. Even then the targa kits went closer to 9. You have to understand Comptech has lowered their margins. The targa kit sold for $13,500 2 years ago.

One of the best things I've ever done to the car; Comptech Superharger!

This was a video Nero took. Perhaps he can attest to the loudness of the whine. I don't hear it over my exhaust and when I do it's rather soothing.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151216868386588" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm not speculating with random numbers Dave-- I know the exact number and that info is accurate... Jus sayin' that was only like a 5-10 kit group buy. I think NOPI did get in trouble over the price being so low. I don't really have a dog in this fight bc I'm not a fan of superchargers and definitely won't spend $10k for one. Just don't let anyone push you around on the price and cite their margins or a sob story about feeding their kids, they'll be making more than ever on this deal if you have 20+ people signed up. Just my $.02!

One of the best things I've ever done to the car; Comptech Superharger!

This was a video Nero took. Perhaps he can attest to the loudness of the whine. I don't hear it over my exhaust and when I do it's rather soothing.

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10151216868386588" width="568" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe>

HAHA! Ryu, that is the only reason I would consider one at a $7k price point (same as my future turbo)-- I think my exhaust can drown out the whine completely and then I'd get to keep my Messiah without having to listen to the damn thing!

Last edited:
HAHA! Ryu, that is the only reason I would consider one at a $7k price point (same as a turbo)-- I think my exhaust can drown out the whine completely and then I'd get to keep my Messiah without having to listen to the damn thing!
The only problem... sounds like a cop siren so you'll never know if you're about to get popped! hahahha

Dave if something breaks on the blower, or a cel pops up,should the gb people call you?.....

Dave if something breaks on the blower, or a cel pops up,should the gb people call you?.....

I think comptech's reputation for standing behind their product is second to none. They didn't get to sell their products through Acura dealers by accident.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not speculating with random numbers Dave-- I know the exact number and that info is accurate... Jus sayin' that was only like a 5-10 kit group buy. I think NOPI did get in trouble over the price being so low. I don't really have a dog in this fight bc I'm not a fan of superchargers and definitely won't spend $10k for one. Just don't let anyone push you around on the price and cite their margins or a sob story about feeding their kids, they'll be making more than ever on this deal if you have 20+ people signed up. Just my $.02]

As I said before, that was 7 years ago, and that was during the breakup of Comptech into two entities. I paid $8600 for my targa kit, so I know what it cost. Also the number of sales was up there. I'm just trying to keep things realistic. No one is going to push me around. If the price isn't good enough for the guys that have signed up, then the GB doesn't happen. It's that simple. But obviously these are interested people, and there is power in numbers. It is a much better method than if individual tried to do this on their own. Both for them and for a manufacturer trying to build kits. Ill have more news soon.

Back