• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest for a group buy: Tommy Kaira gurney flap and kit

OK guys, I am onto the next thing while still working on the seat thing. I have contacted Tommy Kaira and am bringing a few items into the country. I want to know how many of you are interested in the Gurney Flap that is designed for the R wing. There are a few reasons why I really like this thing. 1) it does add some fair amount of downforce 2) It brings the car color up above the R wing and integrates a wing I have had but have never been that happy with.

Now its going to take a couple of months to set anything up, and this isn't my official group buy thread but I need to know how many of you would want the gurney flap. TK is not a cheap manufacturer. They are well known for their top notch quality, and they are expensive. But I am working my magic and the more people that sign up the lower the price will most likely be. The flap should fit almost every R wing replica, the rest of the kit is for 02+ cars and conversions only.

The regular price on the Flap, without shipping and import duty taxes is currently at $680.00. I am looking to get this down to 400 something if we get enough buyers.

If interested, please post your name.

p5.jpg

nsx-rr_rear-new_800.jpg

AY0F1459.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yaOXtEfo6pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ijWS6D73TQA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,658
Interesting, not quite for me but good luck!

You should get BYS to produce their carbon wing and import that ;) (I can dream right?)

Interesting, not quite for me but good luck!

You should get BYS to produce their carbon wing and import that ;) (I can dream right?)

Ky that thing is ugly. :) I think the TK one is 10X better looking. It actually has a shape to it.

Should have started a list:

1) turbo2go
2) DASHNBY

how does it attach?

how does it attach?

You have to tell it you love it, that you didn't get it just because it looks good, that you like what it's made of on the inside .... and you have to rub it the right way... Then it gets attached and clings on all on its own.

LOL... 3M tape. I discussed this on the track thread.

Last edited:
Its bilingual?:wink:

Will this fit properly over any NSX-R replica rear wing?

Will this fit properly over any NSX-R replica rear wing?

I have been told that it was moulded on an exact replica of the factory R wing. If your R wing really differs from the factory, in other words not an exact "replica", it may not fit as well and may require tweaking. So I don't really have a perfect answer, because it depends on your wing. But I will document the one going on my car well, so everyone can see. I am just trying to see what the interest in this is, this is not an actual group buy thread. Assume it fits pretty well. If you would then be interested, just put your name down. These are made to order, so I want to give them a heads up of counts we may be dealing with. Right now I don't know if that is 5 or 50. I will present plenty of fitment info down the road.

The more time I spend looking at this car, the more I like about it. The look is very "complete"; that is, it comes together as a whole and each piece plays off the other. Ughhhh.....I really miss having a NSX.

hmmmmmmm i just drank dave's coolaid , a pendot yellow lip might just be the balance to the front spoiler for the complete bee.........

i like it a lot , but i dont have or really want a type r wing

however if i did i would get this mod,,,

1. turbo2go
2. DASHNBY
3. Pchpleno
4. Stormrider
5. jrnsx
6. nsx27
7. MugenNA1
8. jcbadcura

Updated list

1. turbo2go
2. DASHNBY
3. Pchpleno
4. Stormrider
5. jrnsx
6. nsx27
7. MugenNA1
8. jcbadcura

Updated list

Thank you for making a correct list. Guys please add your name to the list, it's a lot easier for me to keep track of you than to have to read this whole thread again and pick out names. Much appreciated.

Also, although I have made the list for the spoiler only, please let me know if you are interested in the skirts or front lip. But these only fit 2002+ and 2002+ conversions. Obviously the spoiler fits the R wing on any year.

Last edited:
2. DASHNBY
3. Pchpleno
4. Stormrider
5. jrnsx
6. nsx27
7. MugenNA1
8. jcbadcura
9. Type-j

I may be interested, I have to stare at this thing for another few days to figure out how much i like it lol

2. DASHNBY
3. Pchpleno
4. Stormrider
5. jrnsx
6. nsx27
7. MugenNA1
8. jcbadcura
9. Type-j
10. S2k_Nsx

Back