• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging Interest: What Do You Want Converted To LED?

I'm just gauging interest on what other people might want on the NSX to be LED converted. I could do front turn signals, rear side markers, etc.?

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I would be interested in front and rear side markers in LED.
Mugen_kid (John) makes some really nice front turn signals that I already have.

Michael

Hey I really like the way my rears turned out. I would like to see maybe some side markers did you have something in mind for them?

like you said, unless u can make the front and rear side markers entirely of l.e.d's ( fill the entie housing) and cost effective it would be easier to just replace the stock filament bulb and replace it with a l.e.d bulb.

"The Audi R8 features an available full LED headlight system. High beam, low beam, daytime running lights and turn signals all offer brilliant illumination, long service life and low energy consumption."

if u can do something like that at an good price, now we talking.

Hey Chris,

I know the front turn signals on the pre 02 have been done before but have a look. This is Erik's kit.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1144153&postcount=130

If the LEDs could be filled from end to end when they are on and would shut off and 2 amber strips of LEDs blink when the turn signal is activated, that would be an update and offering that would rival most of the new OEM implementations today.

You won't be able to fill the entire side marker with led's. The side marker is to thin, but you can fill a 3 inch by 1/2 strip with led's. I'll post a picture of mine in a couple of hours. :cool:

Okay, so it looks as if people are interested in the front turn signal/DRL and the side markers. Now I just need to find some lights to mock up a design.

Chris, see if there is a way to squeeze one or two columns of LEDs in that thin blank space to fill it out. If not, I'd be open to you just doing a custom one off for me, even if it requires that I cut my bumper to fit it!

Sounds good. I'm just looking for spare parts to use to make the prototype.

If anyone has anything I need, please let me know.
Chris, see if there is a way to squeeze one or two columns of LEDs in that thin blank space to fill it out. If not, I'd be open to you just doing a custom one off for me, even if it requires that I cut my bumper to fit it!

Sounds good. I'm just looking for spare parts to use to make the prototype.

If anyone has anything I need, please let me know.

I might have a complete spare set of sides front & rears... I will check this week-end & get back to you.

Here's the picture. Any where around the lit part is a tight squeeze, but I'm sure you can squeeze in a little bit more leds.

led.JPG

yea...

I'm just gauging interest on what other people might want on the NSX to be LED converted. I could do front turn signals, front/rear side markers, etc.?

What do you guys think?
You should partner w/ vsy05 who is getting NSX-specific clear sidemarkers made. These sidemarkers would be an ideal match for a plug-&-play LED offering that you can create & easily integrate into those clear sidemarkers.

Reference: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131943

FWIW, I've seen these forthcoming clear sidemarkers & they are as good as OEM/stock in terms of quality/fitment but w/ obvious much desired clear prismatic reflective lens.

Mugen_kid (John) makes some really nice front turn signals that I already have.
Wow, I can't believe I glossed over that ongoing thread for over a year. That front-bumper driving/turn-signal combo' light conversion looks clean!

like you said, unless u can make the front and rear side markers entirely of l.e.d's ( fill the entie housing) and cost effective it would be easier to just replace the stock filament bulb and replace it with a l.e.d bulb.
Easier, yes. Purposeful, not so. After-market LED bulbs lack the power/intensity to effectively illuminate through the OEM/stock front amber & rear red sidemarker's diamond-cut reflectors. And then there's the hyper-flashing phenomenon w/ the front amber sidemarker turn'signal function which is annoying.

You won't be able to fill the entire side marker with led's. The side marker is to thin, but you can fill a 3 inch by 1/2 strip with led's. I'll post a picture of mine in a couple of hours. :cool:
Here's the picture. Any where around the lit part is a tight squeeze, but I'm sure you can squeeze in a little bit more leds.
I got the Clear Corner's front/rear sidemarker conversion; the front clear sidemarker has (2) rows of white LED's & (1) row of amber LED's, the rear clear sidemarker has (1) rows of red LED's. When we cross paths at NSX Craze Spring '10 in Houston in a few weeks, I'll show you.

(my Clear Corner front/rear sidemarkers are an older style than what they may offer now)

john bazay (mugen_kid) stuff is top notch. carbon fiber overlay. smoked lens. super brite led's. plug and play.

best part of all, u can design what ever u like and if it fits he will make it happen.
It does look rather neat. I'm wondering if some sort of white LED light-tube similar to what BMW uses w/ their recent/current 5-Series taillights could be fabricated and/or integrated (perhaps using some sort of LED powered "Angel Eyes" kit) into the front-bumper combo' light?

Last edited:
Re: yea...

I like that idea. I'm going to send him a PM and ask him what he thinks.
You should partner w/ vsy05 who is getting NSX-specific clear sidemarkers made. These sidemarkers would be an ideal match for a plug-&-play LED offering that you can create & easily integrate into those clear sidemarkers.

Reference: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131943

FWIW, I've seen these forthcoming clear sidemarkers & they are as good as OEM/stock in terms of quality/fitment but w/ obvious much desired clear prismatic reflective lens.

I have been working up something for the side markers and have also contacted about the using the his clear markers but seem to be about the same price as OEM and will drive the whole project way up in price. I ended up going my own direction to save cost and something unique as well. Im excited to see what you have in mind, keep us posted!

I would REALLY like to see a solution to updating the gauge cluster. The dull orange glow bothers me. I'd love to just have bright red needles and very clean white letters, etc as if it was a 2010 model vehicle.

I have tried this before. The problem is getting off the smaller gauge faces. You can usually get the needles off but the smaller needles just break off when you try to pull them off.
I would REALLY like to see a solution to updating the gauge cluster. The dull orange glow bothers me. I'd love to just have bright red needles and very clean white letters, etc as if it was a 2010 model vehicle.

Ya, I'd be REALLY happy if someone found a way to do something with them. Whether it's a plug-n-play mod, or whether its somewhere I can just send my cluster for the work.

BTW - Nice avatar. ;)

So still haven't been able to track down a cheap set of side markers or front turn signals so I propose this. For anyone interested in being a prototype customer, I will make your front turn signal set or side marker set for free, you just pay for shipping both ways. PM with interest.

Thank You

Thanks to NSXclear, I just got some brand new front side markers to play around with and make some custom LED front side markers.

DSC04512.jpg

DSC04514.jpg

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Back