• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Get these Motha******* snakes off this Motha******* plane

Ok - I assume most of you guys have heard of the movie "Snakes on a Plane" starring Samuel L Jackson. Me and my friends have been talking about the ridiculous title of this movie for a while... anyway turns out it looks pretty awesome.:biggrin:

Check out this interview from the Daily Show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZijbpxNXII&mode=related&search=

Ok and this is the icing on the cake... very funny personalized phone calls to your friends from Samuel L Jackson about the movie. Its a total riot. It's really funny and it shows up on your friends phone as a call from you. Check it out. Trust me.:biggrin:
http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

For everyone who hadn't the chance to see this fantastic 300 million dollar blockbuster yet, a short summary. Attention: Spoiler.

Got some snakes for you, hot and fatty, hähäh.
i1068_1.jpg

Ok, everybody, fasten the seat belts please.
i1069_2.jpg

You heard the lady, fasten your seat belt, bitch!
i1070_3.jpg

I can't find that friggin seat belt, how it is supposed to look?
i1071_4.jpg

Ah here it is, noble, snake leather, feels weird tho....
i1072_5.jpg

Yea and moves by it self also..
i1073_6.jpg

Quick! Safe him Superma.. err.. Samuel!
i1075_7.jpg

Told ya not to play with snakes, bitch!
i1076_8.jpg

Danger eliminated, time for some shaging action.
I heard the plane toilets are pretty comfy... ok lets go.
i1077_9.jpg

Damn that kinky stewardess got the toilet first again, ok big boy lets get it on right here, I'll open your pants..
i1078_10.jpg

The end.

"I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherf***er, motherf***er."

i'm psyched for soap!

Re: "I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherf***er, motherf***er."

The movie itself may not be good - who knows I've yet to see it...

but they've marketed it amazingly. It will definately be a groundbreaking movie on that front.

Re: "I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherf***er, motherf***er."

I saw it on the day it was released at 10pm. It actually turned out to be pretty motherfucking good! I mean its motherfucking snakes on a plane!!! How can you go wrong with a title like that!? And even IMDB / Rotten Tomatos agrees. It's a Fresh and its a 8.4 on IMDB with 1,500 reviews.

I can't believe ANYONE would go see this shit.

Shit begats shit.

If you guys would stop going to see this crap, we'd get better quality movies (or they'd just file bankruptcy - which would be fine by me).

Re: Get these Motha******* naysayers off this Motha******* thread

johnny010 said:
I can't believe ANYONE would go see this shit.

Shit begats shit.

If you guys would stop going to see this crap, we'd get better quality movies (or they'd just file bankruptcy - which would be fine by me).
you ok, johnjohn???:confused: i love global damnation, things ain't that simple... their box for friday was about 7 mill, on a 40 mill project. money looks good, so far.
read a good book, if you feel as if you cannot tolerate another's krap.
:smile:

the movie is tapping into fear....airtravel, clastrophobia, snakes, mortality...that's shakespeare!!

Last edited:
Even with all the movies that are made aiming at "Art", most of them are crap as well. AFAIC, the more movies made in general, the more likely a few really good ones will get made as well.

Movie looks just as gay as anaconda probably worse.

SFMarine0311 said:
Movie looks just as gay as anaconda probably worse.
wam... john voight's accent in anaconda was f*$cking hilarious!!!
and prob finest on screen views of j-lo before it all went to hell.

it would be a freudian slip to discuss really bad snake movies & gayness
in the same thread.:rolleyes:
will see soap today, & let you know..

I'm going to try to get to the theater later today to see this. The more reviews I read, the more I want to see it with an audience instead of on DVD in a few months.

bodypainter said:
The more reviews I read, the more I want to see it with an audience instead of on DVD in a few months.

Indeed. I saw it last night, and audience interaction made it go from a fun, cheesy movie to an experience :wink:

Hi

I am a huge fan of Jon Stewart and this interview with Samuel L. Jackson was great. Up there with the best.

The movie looks cheesy, but I agree I need to go see it and let it scare the crap out of me in public :biggrin:

Regards

i survived snakes!!

good summer escape flic!!! cheese factor very high, & lots o
movie mistakse...[spoiler: cell phone connectivity over the open pacific:rolleyes: ]

i love the shot of the altimeter peeling off 3k feet in a second...:eek:, and the " snake-o-vision "... pure camp. and what a landing!!!:rolleyes: pilot declares an emergency to lax tower 1500 miles away....:confused: :confused: smoke detector tampering scene a gas!!!

the snakebites were awesome, & setups good. jackson was mellow, nuthin' like pulp fiction/tarantino... no helen hayes to be seen:cool:

fun with a crowd, people. lesson here,don't take life too seriously.

box at 13.8mill on a corrected 33 mill budget thru sat nite.

Re: Get these Motha******* naysayers off this Motha******* thread

jalnjr said:
you ok, johnjohn???:confused: i love global damnation, things ain't that simple... their box for friday was about 7 mill, on a 40 mill project. money looks good, so far.
read a good book, if you feel as if you cannot tolerate another's krap.
:smile:

the movie is tapping into fear....airtravel, clastrophobia, snakes, mortality...that's shakespeare!!

:biggrin:

Just got back from seeing it. I can say without hesitation that this is without doubt the best movie I've seen in the theater this year.

Of course, it's the only movie I've seen in a theater this year, but still it was fun! Absolutely doesn't take itself seriously and walks a fine line between deliberately bad and just bad.

I give it 2 fangs up! :biggrin:

Back