• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Getting a REALLY bad itch for Porsche GT3, may be trading in my 02..

Re: Buying a GT3, selling my 02 Nsx.

I know, that posting about selling an nsx for another car, in a Nsx forum may seem snobbish but dont get me wrong guys, I still love the Nsx dearly!

FWIW, choice is one of the great things in life. It's your money, spend it in a way that makes you happy.

I'd be bummed to lose another owner to the P car camp but you'll get no raspberries from me.

Here is a great price on one that has hardly any miles

HERE

That is a great looking car, and priced well. Its not a gt3 though, its a carrera (325 hp)

The GT3 I have a deposit on, has 12,XXX miles, is a 2004, and was listed for $74,500. An incredible deal !

Silver with full leather, carbon fiber interior and steering wheel, porsche crests on the headrests, etc, etc.

Re: Buying a GT3, selling my 02 Nsx.

FWIW, choice is one of the great things in life. It's your money, spend it in a way that makes you happy.

I'd be bummed to lose another owner to the P car camp but you'll get no raspberries from me.

Raspberries from you ? Never heard of that phrase before.. ?

Just as a point of reference... my 91 with a new Autorotor CTSC was as fast as a friends 2002 996 TT (450hp) from rolling starts. I can't compete with that AWD from a standstill. The 996 did feel amazingly planted and deceptively fast when I drove it. I'd look down thinking I was doing 70 and see 110 on the speedo. My NSX never makes me feel that way. Both are great cars! Good luck on your decision.

A lot of guys who jumped are coming back to buying a NSX while keep their 360's, Gallardo's, P-Car's etc......they miss the NSX......I know I am keeping mine when I buy my next toy. :smile:

The GT3 I have a deposit on, has 12,XXX miles, is a 2004, and was listed for $74,500. An incredible deal !

Thats too cheap, Id 100% make sure you get a PPI. I went thru a GT3 stage for awhile before I knew what other car I wanted. I knew I wasnt getting rid of my NSX, so it wasnt as hard of a choice. Another NSX, GT3, something really cheap...I was all over the place. The GT3 is hands down a truly insane ride, buy one, you wont regret it. Oh, and get the GT3 RS "carrera" script across the sides, and some black powdercoated stock wheels with clearcoat, its so hot:biggrin:

Ive just called the prepurchase inspector I had setup an appointment with, as well as the person who was seriously interested in buying my car, and told them that I was no longer buying the Porsche.

Im having way too much regret thinking about selling my Nsx, and im afraid that id be trading off way too many things by buying the Porsche compared to my Nsx.

I just feel that the Nsx, for my non track driving, is so much better suited for city driving, while giving an incredible driving experience, and its an easy car to drive. I didnt like the GT3's shift feel, the clutch took a lot of effort to depress (much more than any other car Ive ever driven, and I have a four cylinder turbo car thats got 400 engine hp, with a race clutch in it!!)

I also like driving a car thats unique, and even though the GT3 is very rare, it just doesnt stand out like the Nsx.

The only thing that the Nsx didnt have enough of for me, was power, styling wise, driveability in the city, exotic looks, great handling, etc, it had everything but the extra power I needed. So.. to make up for that after I canceled the order for the GT3, Im going to be ordering today..

A Comptech supercharger for my 2002!

WAhOOoo!

I think the blower will solve my power cravings nicely. From everyones dyno posts, to dragstrip times that Ive read, I think the blower will do really nicely for me.

Yes, good for you Cory. The SC makes a world of difference of the car. It matches the power with the exotic looks. Make sure you get a non compliant rear beam and Comptech toe links because the rear end is a little more twitchy with all that power...ask me how I know:biggrin:

I think that that is a great decision myself.

If power was the only thing that you were not in love with on the NSX, that is the easiest thing to change. You will find that the CTSCd NSX (I have a base autorotor on my 02) will run beside a 996TT and a GT3. Considering that the financial costs of the charger are less than what the transaction costs for the deal you just cancelled, I think its a smart move.

You will not be dissapointed with the power out of your soon to be charged car. It changes everything.

Ive just called the prepurchase inspector I had setup an appointment with, as well as the person who was seriously interested in buying my car, and told them that I was no longer buying the Porsche.

Im having way too much regret thinking about selling my Nsx, and im afraid that id be trading off way too many things by buying the Porsche compared to my Nsx.

I just feel that the Nsx, for my non track driving, is so much better suited for city driving, while giving an incredible driving experience, and its an easy car to drive. I didnt like the GT3's shift feel, the clutch took a lot of effort to depress (much more than any other car Ive ever driven, and I have a four cylinder turbo car thats got 400 engine hp, with a race clutch in it!!)

I also like driving a car thats unique, and even though the GT3 is very rare, it just doesnt stand out like the Nsx.

The only thing that the Nsx didnt have enough of for me, was power, styling wise, driveability in the city, exotic looks, great handling, etc, it had everything but the extra power I needed. So.. to make up for that after I canceled the order for the GT3, Im going to be ordering today..

A Comptech supercharger for my 2002!

WAhOOoo!

I think the blower will solve my power cravings nicely. From everyones dyno posts, to dragstrip times that Ive read, I think the blower will do really nicely for me.

I knew you will wake up and notice this, sorry me and Kirby were not giving you any support on this decision :frown: , its a big decision but it was a decision the i didn't like that much and neither did allot of people here on prime.

The gt3 is a great car , but its a Porsche and personally i don't like them ,Same body style for the past 15 years. Gets boring.:rolleyes:

The car can be fast but it just doesn't stand out like a hot lowered nsx ,specially when its cleaned by a pro. US haha
:biggrin:
I like your new plan and hopefully you will enjoy it , there was just to much regrets if you would have went on with plan A , plan B sounds great. Super charger , i know will make lots of power, And a much better tone. I cant wait.....:biggrin:

Same body style for the past 15 years. Gets boring. :rolleyes:

Correction, 911 bodystyle has been around for 40 years+. I really don't mind it, the shape is kind of beautiful and has became timeless, although I never will fall in love with one. But kind of funny to critisize 911, as the NSX bodystyle was the same over a relatively long period of time too, until some tweaks in 2002.

Correction, 911 bodystyle has been around for 40 years+. I really don't mind it, the shape is kind of beautiful and has became timeless, although I never will fall in love with one. But kind of funny to critisize 911, as the NSX bodystyle was the same over a relatively long period of time too, until some tweaks in 2002.

But on the 1st gen of nsx you can tell a difference between the 1st gen and the 2 gen . The Porsche just all look the same even the SUV :tongue: :rolleyes: .

BTW look at this Cory .
http://www.dragtimes.com/images_dyno/9662-1992-Acura-NSX-Dyno.jpg

Last edited:
This was a good decision, even with a GT3, the look just isn't "exotic" (IMHO)
I think that when you install the S/C you'll get the power you crave and the look you love!!! Good Luck with your "new" old car!!!

Blowers ordered. :biggrin:

Now, I wait.. .... ... . :redface:

How long is the wait? Bro, your gonna love it...it's crazy.:biggrin:
P.S...I never got a phone call.:frown:

You made the right decision. The ONLY reason for getting a GT3 is track use. If you are not going to track the GT3 then I would say the 997 with GT3 package is good choice. Otherwise, as a wknd car, street use car the NSX is a much better option.

One other thing - a GT3 entry price might be relatively low but maintenance cost, repair costs are significantly higher.

A few months ago I was really close to getting rid of the NSX for something faster and more edgy after test driving a GT3 and a couple of Ferraris. Those cars were a blast! In the end though, I just could not part with the NSX. It has been such a great car, so very reliable, and has been with me for so long it would be like selling a family member. It was a close call though... :wink:

So what's happened? did you get the CTSC before the shutdown?

I spent a lot of time with 996 and 997 NA and Turbos before buying my 05 NSX. The NSX has more unique looks, felt more exotic to me (driving it), is more reliable, better resale, much less maintenance costs. Its a true classic no longer made. I am very happy with the choice.

Now with the complete GT-One F1 exhaust and the CTSC its a different car. So far I am at +118 HP gain with my lastest dyno run on the combo and there is more on the table. The car is night and day different. Cannot keep traction anywhere in first or second. The sound is just a wail... it gives me goose bumps. I love driving it. I just don't think I would get anything close to this from a 911.

So what's happened? did you get the CTSC before the shutdown?

I spent a lot of time with 996 and 997 NA and Turbos before buying my 05 NSX. The NSX has more unique looks, felt more exotic to me (driving it), is more reliable, better resale, much less maintenance costs. Its a true classic no longer made. I am very happy with the choice.

Now with the complete GT-One F1 exhaust and the CTSC its a different car. So far I am at +118 HP gain with my lastest dyno run on the combo and there is more on the table. The car is night and day different. Cannot keep traction anywhere in first or second. The sound is just a wail... it gives me goose bumps. I love driving it. I just don't think I would get anything close to this from a 911.

Ditto!

Back