• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

getting the car ready!!

I have a 1991 NSX, i will be attempting to run the Texas Mile this coming year in march. this is going to be just updates on what has to be done to the car to be ready. so far i have a 3.0 bored out to 3.2 fully built only thing still stock in the motor is rods and crank. motor is sleeved. 12lbs roughly 500hp. my goal is going to be to exceed the 200+ mph mark.

good luck.btw how do you qualify for that class? Have you run that event before?

thank you, to be able to run in that class you have to complete class c and b to get class a.. or have a race licence with nasa, grnad am, nascar..ect

What transmission are you running?

i dont have a detailed list but it has, dart sleeves cp pistons, cams, cam gears, supertech valve train.. there are other stuf, running a 60-1 trim turbo from HP performance., im running a stock 5spd with twin disk clutch and light flywheel. talking to my tuner he says that i have wat it takes just need to up the boost, gearing alittle, cage, chute, and aerodynamics.

interresting stuff.Afaik the only "goal" for our FI crowd has been the 1/4 mile.There are a few guys who do the standing mile stuff...but ultimate top speed without the constraints of a mile length...well that is a new one.....I would look to how much power the Ford GT guys need to be in the 200mph club.....best of luck in this unique endeavor...you may become the first street nsx to 200mph.

Thank you, I figure I would need more power to accomplish my goal

I thought the stock transmission was only good to 190 @ redline in 5th... Regardless of power or aero... Are you raising the redline or trying to change tire sizing to get more top speed?

yes, i plan on using my supra wheels which are 17x11 in the rear, and raising the red line just a bit

Back