• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Glendora Run 8/23/08

GLENDORA MOUNTAIN RUN!

WHAT?
I wanted to invite the local so cali guys (OC/LA) to a nice drive up and down the Glendora Mountain twisty roads. I personally love this road! I recently did a run a few months ago driving my NSX, my friends Porsche Boxster S, and Lotus Elise. I wanted to see if you guys wanted to join me for another day of fun. Please PM me for meet up location if you are interested. Please add your name to the list if you wish to join us. We plan to have lunch after the run as well. All cars are welcome but we would love to see your NSX! Heres some info on the road. It's a short run but well worth it!

WHERE?
La foothills (glendora and azusa area)
Glendora Mtn. Rd is in red

http://www.lateralg.org/roads/orange/foot6.htm

glendora1.gif

They tested the GT-R and a few other sports car on the this awesome road!
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=126453

WHEN?
Saturday 8/23/08
9AM
PM me for meet up location and details!

WHO?

Drivers

Limiting this invite to 10 cars only. First come first serve! Sorry!

1. Prospeed-Brian (NSX)
2. Michael (350z)
3. Sicarius82-Long (NSX)
4. Black Racer X (NSX)
5. Dashnby-Pablo(NSX)
6. Huy (Lotus Elise)
7. Scorp965-John (NSX)
8. Lazynok (NSX)
9. EDSDAD-Jeff (NSX)
10.James friend (S2000)

Stand by list if anyone drops out
1. Rico (NSX)
2. JohnnyMo (NSX)
3. Johnny's friend (911 Turbo)

Last edited:
You probably know this already, but just in case...do not take Glendora Ridge Rd. I did this about a month ago and it's a bad call. One lane road and a lot of rocks.:frown:

You probably know this already, but just in case...do not take Glendora Ridge Rd. I did this about a month ago and it's a bad call. One lane road and a lot of rocks.:frown:

You are right! We will be doing the run up to the look out and back down.

I'll put myself on the list, but there may be a chance that I'm going to the Indy Race to see Danica up in Sonoma on the same day. I have (6) tickets. If the girl wants to go to San Francisco for a couple days, then I'm going to Sonoma. If not, I'm going to Glendora with you guys.

1. Prospeed (NSX)
2. Michael (350z)
3. Sicarius82 (NSX)

all right, i'm in for glendora. see you guys there.

1. Prospeed-Brian (NSX)
2. Michael (350z)
3. Sicarius82-Long (NSX)
4. Black Racer X (NSX)
5. Dashnby-Pablo(NSX)
6. Huy (Lotus Elise)
7. Scorp965-John (NSX)
8. Lazynok (NSX)

My parents live out there so I used to go up a lot. Was up there for the first time in years in my M6 today, and there were a surprising number of cyclists. With all the blind decreasing-radius stuff up there, gotta be careful. And yes, even with the newish walls that have been put up, there are still lots of rocks on Glendora Ridge.

Wow! Surprised but we are FULL already! I put up a standby list just incase someone drops off. Sorry I have to limit the size to only 10 cars since there isn't much room at the top of the mountain. Here are some pics from my last drive up with there. I test drove my car, my friends lotus elise and my friends porsche boxster S. What an adventure! Here is the link to the drive

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103623

Here are some pics at the top of the mountain

glendora3.jpg

glendora1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Brian,
Too bad I'll be in Vegas that weekend. I'm sure it's going to be an exciting drive. I'll join you guys next time. Enjoy and be safe.

Last edited:
Hey Brian,
Too bad I'll be in Vegas that weekend. I'm sure it's going to be an exciting drive. I'll join you guys next time. Enjoy and be safe.

That sucks! I always enjoy having you and your camera around! =) Hope you have a good time in Vegas. Next time when I invite you... you got to go!

...just counting down the days... =] I need something fun to do!

come out for some thai food tomorrow evening, we're having a mini meet.

can't wait. i here it's going to be a lovely day. just hope there won't be any police around.

Back