• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Going to look at 93 NSX

Well, taking a 4 hour trip tomorrow. Going to check out a 93 NSX black on black. If everything checks out she will have a new loving home. Car is supposed to be clean and have good maintanice records. Pretty much all stock besides a set of after market wheels. Not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight...lol Vin # is JH4NA1154PT000111 with 88K miles. Read through all the wiki's for purchasing an NSX. So hopefully everything goes smoothly and I will have a new addition to the family.

good luck......don't be afraid to walk if it has too many undisclosed issues...btw where is tyrone Pa?

I tried to buy that NSX for about three weeks, right after it was posted. We discussed the car, the price, and payment logistics, but he then had some personal issues or something and decided that it wasn't for sale anymore. I continued to bug him, but then just gave up. I'm not sure what exactly the deal was so I eventually just had to move on.

I ran the carfax and it was clean. In case these minor items don't come up, it has typical antenna and amp issues and the left quarter panel was resprayed. He has a dealer's license. The timing belt was done, but 10 years ago back in 2002 in Texas by a previous owner. The clutch was replaced at 69k for some reason, which I thought was a bit strange. He's the 3rd or 4th Owner if I remember correctly.

That's my info dump for you......good luck!

good luck......don't be afraid to walk if it has too many undisclosed issues...btw where is tyrone Pa?

Sandwich Btw Altoona PA and State College PA on I99

I tried to buy that NSX for about three weeks, right after it was posted. We discussed the car, the price, and payment logistics, but he then had some personal issues or something and decided that it wasn't for sale anymore. I continued to bug him, but then just gave up. I'm not sure what exactly the deal was so I eventually just had to move on.

I ran the carfax and it was clean. In case these minor items don't come up, it has typical antenna and amp issues and the left quarter panel was resprayed. He has a dealer's license. The timing belt was done, but 10 years ago back in 2002 in Texas by a previous owner. The clutch was replaced at 69k for some reason, which I thought was a bit strange. He's the 3rd or 4th Owner if I remember correctly.

That's my info dump for you......good luck!

Thanks for that info that helps me out alot. Had a feeling that the timing belt was going to need changed. Asked him to fax me the maintenance records and he wouldnt, but said I could look at them when I got there. Wondering the same thing about the clutch why it had been changed. He did disclose the amp needed fixed for the radio. I didnt know about the quater being repainted...will have to check that out tomorrow when I get there. Ran an autocheck too seemed to check out ok, but never did show when the car was brought into PA. Last record it showed me was in VA.... Maybe somthing to do with the dealer thing....Idk. Did you get to drive the car? Was wondering how it ran. He did offer to put the car on his lift so I could look it over. Which I thought was very helpful.

Any Idea on what a car in this condition should go for?

The carfax didn't show anything after 2010 either. I was assuming that he never registered it and kept his dealer plate on it or something. When I asked about it I never received a response to my question.

I didn't see the car. My info came from several phone calls and texts. He doesn't do email.

As far as price goes, he didn't budge much from his asking price, so if you're not prepared to pay close to that, I wouldn't waste your day....

Good news and bad news. Bad news is there is one less unmolested NSX for sale. Good news for me because I ended up purchasing the car :biggrin:! The car litterally blew me away the moment I saw it. Car is immaculate! Interior Exterior Underneath.......just still in awe that I owe such a car....almost no word to describe the feeling of ownership. Ride home was amazing so smooth and graceful. No squeks or rattles from the interior. The roar of the engine was intoxicating.... I littlerly keep doing 5th gear 10 mph pulls from 70 to 80mph on the interstate just to hear the engine come to life behind me. Car is definatly a peice of art an history. Seller was so easy to deal with. I looked over the car for 3 hours going through everything. I couldnt find one thing to complain about. He was definatly up front and honest. Took the time out of his day (he was definatly busy) to answer every question I had. Put the car on his lift for me to inspect. Showed me everything on the car. Just a great over all experiance with him and his shop! Highly recomended! Couldnt have asked for a better day! Pictures to follow.....

Indeed welcome to ownership of an amazing car! Look in our NE section for events and join the nsxca!

Yay, good for you, glad to here it is such a sweet NSX. I still cant believe I own mine. Every drive is a thrill, obviously it is for you too.

Congrats!

I wouldn't be worried about the clutch being replaced at 69,000.

It seems like many NSX's go through clutches much sooner. I read somebody post the numbers and what they posted for the average was under 69k.

I purchased mine with 38,500 miles on it and the previous owner had replaced the clutch at 37,750. Now that to me seemed odd to have to replace a clutch so early. But after reading on Prime for a while, it doesn't seem to be so uncommon.

My DD has 96k and still on my first clutch... but it's not an NSX and I don't do much stop and go driving.

Of course we will want to see pictures.

Welcome to the world of NSX ownership!

nice! i pm'd you

Quick picture of my baby!
nsx006.jpg

Sorry not so good with camera....lol

I saw this car at honda day at atco NJ, the owner (auto dealer) was up front and said it had paint work done on the driver side quarter panel, but the car looked like the work that was performed was done well. My only concern with the car was the lack of a front lip and bottoming out marks on the front bumper. If i was in the market at the time I may have actually bought this car. Congratulations on your purchase, enjoy and take care of your clean NSX.

Congrats and welcome! Car looks like a beauty - like the wheels! Jay

Indeed welcome to ownership of an amazing car! Look in our NE section for events and join the nsxca!

Ill be joining the NSXCA within a few days. going to try an make some meets, but before I got the car promised myself I couldnt drive it or work on it till I sold off a couple other cars. Trying to simplify my life by going down to one toy. And this one is the perfect one to do it with!

Hey, I saw this car online recently and thought it was sweet. Those are 18/19 wheels arent they? Car looks great. Congrats

Thank you yes 18/19 They look perfect for this car.

Back