• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gold Wheels?

Thanks for photos, has anyone seen all gold powder coated or andonized wheel? I mean entire wheel even the lip.......:cool:

_MG_7701resized.jpg

Here's a few from my old CE28N's:
n690446223_1692539_3846.jpg

n690446223_1692538_3520.jpg

n690446223_1692537_3194.jpg

BBS LM Championship:
n690446223_1289553_7455.jpg

BBS LM Championship:
n690446223_1289553_7455.jpg

WOW. Finally a picture of the BBS F1 Championship LMs on an NSX. BUT this doesn't seem to be gold. Looks more like copper color. :confused:

The color is nothing like the color of the wheels I posted in post #4 of this thread.

^ I think I like the GOLD of the CE's then the LM's.

If that truly is the color of the F1 BBS LMs then I completely agree.

Last edited:
Nah, I had curbage on them so they got refinished in copper. I was actually trying to match the Volk Bronze but messed it up. Oh wellz. :tongue:

Nah, I had curbage on them so they got refinished in copper. I was actually trying to match the Volk Bronze but messed it up. Oh wellz. :tongue:

Oh. I think I had heard about this before from you or someone else. I recall been horrified that you had changed the color. :wink:

BBS look sick, just not sold on the copper color. The Rays bronze is a nice color, believe it or not my favorite bronze is from Rota. The Royal sports bronze that has the textured coat with machined gloss bronze face looks awesome. Had them on my integra for daily beater wheels.

850000_243_full.jpg

Love the "gold" on Subie's...not quite gold, not quite copper, not quite bronze...just right (can't seem to find a reliable supply though):

subaru6.jpg

Ducati Antique Gold is also nice...again, no reliable supply:

362_small.jpg

And then there's Hurst/Olds Gold...can't find it either... :frown:

985-062009HurstOldsmb6.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80.jpg

Last edited:
Oh. I think I had heard about this before from you or someone else. I recall been horrified that you had changed the color. :wink:

Meh, its just paint and can easily be changed. The current owner of the wheels love the copper colour :wink: I'd rather experiment a bit than live with the curb rash on the lip. I love the LMs and just bought a set of gray ones for my M5.

Prodrive on 91 red. 17" front and rear. Stock ride height. It's different and I had the same question if I should do it as you. After installment I like it.

Attachments

• 27052010323.jpg
    27052010323.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 163
  • 17042010309.jpg
    17042010309.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 17042010307.jpg
    17042010307.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 101

ohhh woww...this car looks familiar...this house looked familar...after some research it all comes together....i was in that house and saw that car when i bought my car from this guys dad...the gillett's...infact i went back and looked at the title and bill of sales and its from these folks...funny how i found it..i remmeber the dad telling me that his son photographed cars but i didnt know it would be here...anyways i also found alot of pics of my car online...synth do you know anything about my car the white nsx.

Zaid

BBS are looking fresh^

Found a super cheap set of VS-XX on craiglist that would have been perfect potential for gold centers and polished lips until I noticed they were supra fitment and 19's in the front and the rear :frown:

Brent, I thought you were shooting for Black at one point???

I was but then started thinking all black is kinda getting played out. I like to be different, all gold with red lugnuts and bbk might look cool....I think gold pops more than black....who knows i might change my mind again....:rolleyes:

Thinking of either powdercoating or andonize...similar to color on the Subies:cool:

? nobody

Sorry I can't help with your dilemma, but here are few shots of mine with gold wheel. :)

DSC06806-1.jpg

DSC06801-1.jpg

coming soon, gold on custom orange. But may be powder coated flat metalic black.

Attachments

• gold rims.jpg
    gold rims.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 242
BBS are looking fresh^

Found a super cheap set of VS-XX on craiglist that would have been perfect potential for gold centers and polished lips until I noticed they were supra fitment and 19's in the front and the rear :frown:

You have to pm me the link to those...

You have to pm me the link to those...

Just searched thru craigslist and cant find the post anymore. I got the notification from an app on my phone for 5x114 wheels and its already cleared itself.

I wanna say they were located in Vancouver though, car in the pics was a black supra. Not sure if it may be anyone you know or someone knows up there.

Back