• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good Nsx shop in tristate

will be lookign to do the timing belt/WP blah blah soon. any good place around here to get it done at for a good price?
regards.

In my opinion the only person to talk to is Larry Bastanza. The best way to reach him and get on his busy schedule is to send him a PM or Email through Prime. I won't let anyone else touch my NSX and I don't believe there is anyone in the NE who works on as many NSX's in a year as Larry :biggrin:

He's located in Warwick NY but I can assure you it's worth the drive :cool:
Send me a PM if you want more information and we can talk.

Larry,without a doubt.And you can stop at woodbury commons outlets on the way to see him. So you can spend more money:biggrin:

Larry B just did my timing belt water pump and valves repaired my snapring trans and did my coolant hoses. He very knowledgeable and knows the NSX inside and out. He dose good clean work, I recommend him to anyone who has a NSX.:smile:

Larry B is the only one I would recommend. He has been the only one I have trusted to keep me safe not only on the road but on the track. He has been the exclusive mechanic for my "well-driven" NSX for over 50,000 miles including close to 50 track days.

Plus, you get the added bonus of having your car worked on by the President of the NSXCA. You could only do better by convincing Mr. Uehara to work on your car (but after NSXPO 2006 I think Mr. Uehara is shipping his car to Larry to work on as well.......)

LarryB without a doubt. I like how he's honest and explains everything in detail.

I was a little weery about having him work on my car when I first purchased it. I've always had my cars serviced at the dealer, so trusting an individual was a big step for me. One email exchange and phone call later, I was convinced. Just be sure to make an appointment early - he has a busy schedule.

My cars being shipped to Larry B tommorow afternoon. She's going under the knife.:biggrin: I have a very long laundry list of items I need completed.

My cars being shipped to Larry B tommorow afternoon. She's going under the knife.:biggrin: I have a very long laundry list of items I need completed.

What better endorsement of Larry B do you need, Popsicle. The Kid works for an Acura dealer and chooses to have Larry do the work.

'Nuff said.............

What better endorsement of Larry B do you need, Popsicle. The Kid works for an Acura dealer and chooses to have Larry do the work.

'Nuff said.............

I think Larry B is among a handful of the best NSX mechanics in the entire country. I get regular maintence done at my dealership but when it comes to Forced Induction NSX's...my place is clueless. Plus Larry knows what to look for and whats prone to go bad. Preventative maintence is key with a car like this. I have a closet full of parts for Larry to install. Should keep him busy for awhile.:biggrin:

I think Larry B is among a handful of the best NSX mechanics in the entire country. I get regular maintence done at my dealership but when it comes to Forced Induction NSX's...my place is clueless. Plus Larry knows what to look for and whats prone to go bad. Preventative maintence is key with a car like this. I have a closet full of parts for Larry to install. Should keep him busy for awhile.:biggrin:

Hope its all done in time for you to make it to the Mt Fuji run

Nothing that hairy, Just some little odds and ends. Id hate to spank you up in my S2000:biggrin: Your NSX gonna be ready by then? Lets car pool up there. We can meet by my house again.

hehehe.....Don is putting everything back together tonight so the motor can go back in. I'm down to carpool up there though. Lemme know how those non compliance clamps ya got are. I got a set on a trade from Dave but they aren't going in yet. Spankin??????????? Ya gotta put your foot into it to do that:tongue:

i don't want to deal with the 1 week lead time i've been told is required with larry. my car is my daily. so at most i'd like it to be done in a day or a weekend. or i can just do it myself i have alot of both FI and general automotive experience under my belt on different platforms. i'm just too busy nowadays.

Guys,

Thank you all for your comments. It is very much appreciated. Truth be told, it is hard for me to accomodate daily drivers, on a one day turn.

I do have a funny feeling once the weather breaks, I will not be sleeping much:).

Thanks again for all your references.

Regards,
LarryB

Hey popsicle,
I have the same daily-driver problem. I would definitely take my car to Larry if it wasn't for that. But because I need a loaner to get home, I have always taken my car to Bernie Blatnick at Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA (davisacura.com, 215-943-7000). Its 1:45 from NYC but well worth it. Bernie does all Davis's NSX work and like Larry, there are always NSXs lined up for him. To make it easy on both of us, even if I only need a couple hours of work done, I drop it off on Saturday, get a nice TSX loaner, and come back the following Saturday to pick it up. They treat me great, and I trust Bernie like I trust Larry. I tell him "Bernie, I have to run three days in a row at Sebring with two drivers. Give the car a good going-over and tell me what I need to do." Tell him Gregg with the silver/ivory '91 sent you.
-Gregg

+1 for Larry, he's the best when it comes to the real nitty gritty about the car. :smile:

It seems redundant at this point but I highly recommend Larry as well. With him in the area I would consider any other option a poor choice. My car just came back from him a month ago and its never run better. I went to a dealership who I actually liked quite a bit but the fact is that they are simply not familiar with the car up here. My car was very well maintained by dealerships (southern who would be more familiar with the NSX) but even then it was clear that things were not done correctly. In addition to that I had a clutch put in by a local dealership and they made some decsions which were less than ideal. Larry explained descrepencies. I was a bit hesitant bringing it to a person rather than a shop but I'll tell you I was quite at ease after 10 minutes with him. I'm very pleased with the result. I'll leave it at that. Best of luck with you ride.

It seems redundant at this point but I highly recommend Larry as well. With him in the area I would consider any other option a poor choice. My car just came back from him a month ago and its never run better. I went to a dealership who I actually liked quite a bit but the fact is that they are simply not familiar with the car up here. My car was very well maintained by dealerships (southern who would be more familiar with the NSX) but even then it was clear that things were not done correctly. In addition to that I had a clutch put in by a local dealership and they made some decsions which were less than ideal. Larry explained descrepencies. I was a bit hesitant bringing it to a person rather than a shop but I'll tell you I was quite at ease after 10 minutes with him. I'm very pleased with the result. I'll leave it at that. Best of luck with you ride.

you know...i just moved to CT as well from VT. noticed you were in wallingford.

OK Guys, I will be off Prime for the next few weeks, Mike really did not need the flatbed, accept to transfer his room full of parts to me:). I love working under pressure:D:D:D:D.

Back