• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my NSX!

Hello everyone! I have been lurking around prime for some time now and I finally got my NSX 48k miles today. After I got her this morning, my friend came to take my Evolution in the afternoon. The whole ordeal was sort of surreal for me. I have had my Evo for three years since new and I will definitely miss her. It was sad seeing her go but at the same time, I know I will enjoy the NSX just as much. I hope to learn a lot more on here! Here are some pics:

Going...
evogone1.jpg

Wait, I can still stop him!
evogone2.jpg

Gone :frown:
evogone3.jpg

Red S2K is my friends:
nsx1.jpg

nsx2.jpg

nsx3.jpg

nsx4.jpg

nsx5.jpg

Last edited:
i know the EVO and the NSX are completely different animals but what is your impression of hte nsx compared to the EVO?

Congrats. Great looking NSX. I too feel your pain, as I must watch 1 or more of my toys going in order to get me an NSX. I've wanted an Evo for years and never got one. Back in 97 I bought a new GSX & did a few things to it and was running 12:5's @109 w/only 1500 miles on the clock. That thing was a demon. What year is your NSX and do you have more pics.?

I got rid of a couple nice rides to get my NSX also.

Out with the old and in with the new.

031806.jpg

and

HPIM0626.jpg

s14_tat said:
i know the EVO and the NSX are completely different animals but what is your impression of hte nsx compared to the EVO?

I have not driven the NSX that much yet so I can only give my initial impression between the two. In terms of power (stock vs stock), they are about the same. The evo feels a little more 'punchier' but I love the sound the NSX makes at VTEC! I know the NSX is shorter in overall length than the EVO, but it feels as if the NSX is longer. The steering, once I get some speed, is just as good as the EVO with its quick steering ratio. This is the first time I have driven a car without power steering and I was pleasantly surprised on how well the road is communicated to the driver. I look foward to driving her a lot more!

Greg Z said:
Congrats. Great looking NSX. I too feel your pain, as I must watch 1 or more of my toys going in order to get me an NSX. I've wanted an Evo for years and never got one. Back in 97 I bought a new GSX & did a few things to it and was running 12:5's @109 w/only 1500 miles on the clock. That thing was a demon. What year is your NSX and do you have more pics.?

Actually, my previous car before the EVO was a 98 GST. I had lots of fun with that car! When I saw the EVO was coming over to the US finally, I knew I had to get one. It is a 1991 NSX, and I will definitely post some more pics up.

how does the non power steering feel in a parallel parking situation?

s14_tat said:
how does the non power steering feel in a parallel parking situation?

Who parallel parks their NSX?:confused: :wink: :biggrin: All kidding aside, once you start rolling it's actually very easy to turn the wheel. Just make sure there's enough space ahead of you to do so. Even if you don't it's not the end of the world as there is not much weight in the front to turn the wheel compared to other cars with non PS.

SOPHIS

Welcome to the family of NSX owners and Lovers. What a beautiful car. Where abouts do you live? Have you made contact with any of the local owners? I just Love the old Red and Black 91s, they were just so far ahead of their time. They will never get old, unlike us.

The more you drive it the more you fall in love with it.

Brad

DV8 said:
Who parallel parks their NSX?:confused: :wink: :biggrin: All kidding aside, once you start rolling it's actually very easy to turn the wheel. Just make sure there's enough space ahead of you to do so. Even if you don't it's not the end of the world as there is not much weight in the front to turn the wheel compared to other cars with non PS.

As DV8 said, once you start rolling, it gets easy to turn the wheel. Stationary, you will need some effort, but it is not as bad as I thought.

OLDMNSX said:
SOPHIS
Welcome to the family of NSX owners and Lovers. What a beautiful car. Where abouts do you live? Have you made contact with any of the local owners? I just Love the old Red and Black 91s, they were just so far ahead of their time. They will never get old, unlike us.

The more you drive it the more you fall in love with it.

I am in Southern California and have not made contact with any of the local owners but am hoping to meet some soon! The NSX design is just so timeless!

Congratulations on your new ride, maybe I'll run into you sometime.

congrat to your new ride!:biggrin: i think u won't miss ur old baby after couple months......... or maybe even in 1 month!:biggrin: :biggrin:

My replacement struts for the trunk and engine hatch came in today! Now I just have to get back home to install them.

Congratulations!

I can relate to how you feel towards the Evo when I traded in my beloved Audi S4 for the NSX.

Having owned the S4 for 2 years, my sentiments for it was certainly not shallow.

However, after picking up the NSX and driving it to the 2nd traffic light off the dealership, I forgot about the S4 already.

The NSX has that much power on me :wink:

Back