• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gotten into a problem with the seller

Sorry to hear about your experience but I have seen similar cases that when the Judge finds out you were given 100% REFUND, they dismiss the case. Its very, very rare that a Judge will compensate someone for losing time, work loss, trouble etc.

I know its difficult but I would probably just drop it, look at the bright side, you can put your pre-purchase NSX parts on your future NSX, you were refunded 100% and NOT scammed for your $$.

Good luck trying to collect $$ for all your trouble and time loss.

I do hope this case turns in your favor, keep us posted.

I am sorry about your situation, but get over it. There is nothing you can do as long as the seller returned your deposit. While it may not be ethical to back out on a sale, no judge will award you damages for a little time off work and some drive time. Turn the situation around. What if you by chance found a better car for much less in your neighborhood? Would you pass that up for a more first more expensive car if it didn't cost you anything? (if the deposit was returned or ther was no deposit?) It is not a dealership with an iron clad contract, but just a private seller with a crude contract scribbled on paper. You don't have the title, you don't have the car, and possession is 90% of the law right? ;) That is the nature of the beast like it or not and the risk you run to get a better deal than a dealership. You play the game knowing this upfront, but it just sucks to get burnt. Sorry to hear about it. That would drive me crazy, but at least you are getting your deposit back so be glad you don't have to fight for that.

I would do the following:

1. Get deposit back
2. Forget this car and find another car
3. Roll the dice in small claims

If you go after this car I just think it is a bad situation and good never comes from bad situations, JMO.

HTH,
LarryB

I will be purchasing a used NSX also. If something like this were to happen to me i would get my deposit back, take him to small claims and forget about the car. I wouldnt want to start my NSX experience with all that stress. Pick and choose your battles. You
sound like your in the right but sometimes its not worth it.

Can I say that this case turns in my favor now that the seller has agreed to sell the car after all? It could be the letter of demand I sent or something hit him on the head over the weekend. He's also agreed for an inspection and I am taking him up for that. I will perform the usual vehicle inspection at an Acura dealer, engine compression test and leak down test. I am playing it safe and I think this is safe enough. Just want to give everyone a heads up on the current situation.

Sancho

nsxtasy said:

Huntington Beach - Autowave

Anywhere closer, don't feel like driving 30 minutes?? :D :D

Just took the car there and talked with Shane. Very good and knowledgeable guy to deal with. Looked at the car and told me it's practically a new car. Nothing to worry about. Did the inspection, changed the oil, drained the fluids and I was on my way home in my NSX.. I am a happy camper and want to thank everyone here for their helping hand.

Nsxtasy: You continue to come through for me and this is the second big favor I owe you. You still remember THAT you got thE ECU for me from Jack in that Chicago meet??

THANKS EVERYONE (Nsxtasy, Paul, AndyVecsey, Tantheman, Fastrunner and everyone else I can't remember their handle at the moment) from the bottom of my heart. I dont' think I can do this without you all here and put everything in perspective for me. After so many years, my search is finally over nwo and it feels GREAT!!!!! :)

nice job seeing this one through!

Theres nothing like a little legal pressure to get a shiesty seller back in line, and unlike a few of the posts i'd say you handled this perfectly

congrats on the new nsx!

Sancho said:
Nsxtasy: You continue to come through for me and this is the second big favor I owe you.
Glad to help out.

Sancho said:
You still remember THAT you got thE ECU for me from Jack in that Chicago meet??
Of course! We're having another ITR meet here in a couple of weeks. Anything you want me to pick up for you this time? :D

Hope to see you at NSXPO 2005 in Phoenix (if not at NSXPO 2004 at Watkins Glen)! (Oh - and join the NSXCA - the SoCal members are a great bunch of folks!)

Back