• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gravity is amazing!

Talk about an intense movie. Wow. It was fantastic. Well worth the extra to see it in IMAX.

I saw it today. Yes, pretty awesome in its depiction of the feeling of being up there. It's like seeing a short, intense slice of a person's life.

special effects and cinematography were excellent ... i bet seeing in imax was great.

the "plot" was underwhelming at best.

I just have no desire to see sandra bullock floating in space. The idea reminds me of the movie where the divers are lost at sea and forgotten. Boring.

Agreed! Was one of the most intense Films I have seen in recent memory. Great movie!

Saw it in LieMax 3D with my wife this morning.

This is a "Shut Up And Eat Your Popcorn" movie, but it's a really good one. The story is preposterous, of course, but that doesn't stop it being worth watching. I mean, you can't have an action movie with astronauts spacewalking at realistic speeds. Never mind how far the ISS is from the Hubble in real life, this movie takes place in an alternate universe were we have a shuttle called, er, whatever it was called in this movie.

In my totally amateur opinion, the physics of space as portrayed were sometimes right, sometimes wrong, but usually not egregiously wrong. It would have been more accurate to title the movie "Inertia" or "Momentum" but whatever. It was still pretty damned good when compared against other cinematic portrayals.

So, my opinion is thumbs up and my wife (who doesn't usually like loud, and wow it was LOUD, action movies) concurs. The story is passable with a minimum of cheap shots and the FX set a new bar for OMG awesomeness.

Yeah, you have to let go the small inaccuracies and just enjoy the movie. The "feel" seems to be about right. The mission in the movie was STS-157 (final mission was STS-135), so this means it's in a fictional universe, where the shuttle has continued to fly, maybe about 5-7 years from now. To me, this nicely explains the nice new jet pack. Also, the sets inside the space station are very accurate. If you look at tours of ISS like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doN4t5NKW-k

The movie's indoor scenes really match up well to reality, aside from different lighting.

Last edited:
These reviews are hilarious. I don't think anyone was expecting to watch a documentary.

Saw it last night in Imax 3D. Pretty big crowd for $17.50 a ticket. The movie was amazing. I enjoyed the realism of no sound in space. It really makes you feel as though you're there. Since we are on Prime I'll give it 4.5 NSX's.

Loved it after I saw it in IMAX 3D. Simple story but told in such a great way that the minute inaccuracies were quickly dismissed for the greater enjoyment of the film. The cinematography and action sequences...just wow. Great acting: emotional but not overly so. I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in a very long time.

Well worth the $17 bones. And I don't think I've ever said that about a movie.

Really enjoyed the movie and agree that the cinematography was excellent and some scenes were extremely well done

The CGI was insanely good and complemented the film and supported the story without being gimmicky (think Transformers)

The plot was about what you would expect and didn't require the viewer to suspend disbelief that much

Very engaging movie and the director made some good choices, especially the ending

-

Back