• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Great news for that beat up BOSE system.

This # was posted a couple of weeks ago… 800-231-2673 BOSE service, just leave a message they will get back in touch with you.

After talking to Maryland and Patty. I found out due to the age of my vehicle (93’ NSX) BOSE will replace all of the parts or the entire enclosure, amp, speaker, etc. and warranty the repairs / replacement for the life of me owning my car
smile.gif
(not transferable).

Turn around time is 2-3 weeks, a little long but seems like it will pay off.

They send out the tags or RMA #s for you to send your enclosures in.

Total for all three $227.25 or $79.25 each. That includes S/H back to your door. I prepaid just to make things simple (CC over the phone).

I will send mine in next week and will post my results when I get the goods back.

I don't understand what the age of your car has to do with a warranty from BOSE. Which model years are they covering and why is who owns the car important. Thanks.

Sorry no answers for you... Just posting what they told me. Bottom line I think they will cover any year NSX.

I always thought if something was covered under a warranty then it was 'free'. $227 doesn't sound very free to me.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Originally posted by 92NSX:
I always thought if something was covered under a warranty then it was 'free'. $227 doesn't sound very free to me.

I don't think he said the repair was under warranty...

the replacement parts come with a lifetime warranty as long as he owns the vehicle.

I read the first post again and I understand now what is going on with BOSE. I think that is a good deal as I am never selling the car so a one time payment of 227 sounds good.
Let us know what you think of the new units.

Need some clarification on the $227.25 or $79.25 each. If you do this deal with drivers side and passenger side is the cost $554.50 or 159.50.

I'm not sure if the each price is per unit or each individual piece within each assembly.

Thanks

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
I read the first post again and I understand now what is going on with BOSE. I think that is a good deal as I am never selling the car so a one time payment of 227 sounds good.
Let us know what you think of the new units.

I don't plan on selling the car either but do like to have some decent sound in it while I'm cruising around sometime. Seemed like a more cost effective way of replacing the awful stock speakers & amp with aftermarket and not have to worry about the amps going bad again. They are in a VERY bad location as we all know.
But to each his own. Good luck with it.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Sorry about that, it is 79.25 per speaker enclosure or all three for 237.75. That price I was told includes shipping back to you. I think this sounds like a hell of a deal considering I am going to hold onto my NSX for a long time (or until I find a yellow targa). I am 100% sure I will be trying out their warranty that they are offering since I listen to my music loud. J.

I ditto this post. I have sent 2 of my speakers to Bose in MA for refurbishment, basically they replace all internal componenets for $75 plus shipping. Though I do not think it has anything to do with the age of the car.

Chris
91 NSX

Your right, age doesn't have anything to do with it. Those speakers/amps WILL continue to fail. Count on it.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Ive already spent $500+ to get my system refurbished. Now I get a strange clicking noise when I play my CDs every now and then when and if I go over a mild bump. Given the chance all over, I would have gone aftermarket.

I just finished putting the system back in the NSX… OMG that is the best way to describe the sound, clarity, bass, highs, lows, etc. It is just incredible! The turn around time was great, including shipping time I was without for 14 days total.

I did not take the enclosures apart to see what was replaced but they did replace all three speakers (LH, RH, and Sub).

Will you be at the mid-Atlantic meet- if so, please find me so I can ask a few more questions- I have 2 blown speakers.

'91 black/ivory Targa conversion

Originally posted by Chief:
I ditto this post. I have sent 2 of my speakers to Bose in MA for refurbishment, basically they replace all internal componenets for $75 plus shipping. Though I do not think it has anything to do with the age of the car.

Chris
91 NSX

Where is BOSE in MA?
How can I take the CRAP blow BOSE out?
is there a manual or instruction which teaches you to do it? Is it risky? I got 3 busted speakers. the Driver the Sub and the center argh..

BTW somebody mentioned 2XX for 3? I thought there are 4 speakers .. unless you cound the center one wih the sub since they are sharing the same amp...

Terence

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

NSXCA # 1690 "Sabrina"

[This message has been edited by BostonNSX (edited 13 November 2002).]

I am going to try and make it on the 17th.

I am going to be sending my three units out sometime this winter. I think I will send them directly to Bose also. It took me about 1.5 hours to get all three out before I put the car into storage. The service manual has great instructions on how to do this procedure.

I have also purchased the door handle and window fix-it thingies from Dali. In the spring I will be able to put everything back together and not worry about it again.

great idea on the window fix-it thingies- If you haven't installed them, the window regulator WILL break (and costs over $300 as I learned the hard way). It's a great idea to install them when replacing/repairing the door speakers.

Back