• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Growing number of posts...

Two days ago I noticed I was approaching 200 messages... today I posted again and I read "208". I am sure I posted only a couple of them in between. Is it something somebody else noticed?

I haven't noticed any numbering inconsistancies with the system. My best guess is that it's confusing due to the fact that the number is only correct on your most recent post. The number is generated when you create the post but is not updated in all your previous posts when you write a new post.

So if you look at a message you posted 5 messages ago, the number will be 5 less than the number under your most recent post.

I think it may go back and update all your other posts with your current message count when I reindex a forum, but I haven't done that in a while.

Lud,
I understand what you mean but I was really sure to be "below 200" since I looked aat the number right after having post the message. And "a couple" messages after I was already 208
biggrin.gif
maybe I should work more...
wink.gif

I've noticed that I have had some problems with the post counter as well. When I responded to some thread I recieved a post count number (104), when I responded yet again and again (105,106), post 104 was listed as 106, as was 105. All three posts in the same thread were listed as 106. I noticed this a couple of weeks ago-twice. Anyway, most forums have disabled the post counter, to cut down on spam.

Back