• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gt-one 5.1 Exhaust

Is that muffler on there a straight through?

I think for every 90-degree turn there is a 6%~ reduction of flow. That can add up.

The area where it merges is a Y pipe and goes straight then comes out as a Y pipe concerns me.

I really dun think it's a large enough diameter pipe.

GT-One Ver 6
bn259.jpg

GT Extreme
attachment.php

Pix borrowed from KENE thread

I talked to Shad today and he concurred not to use this exhaust with a ctsc. I love my pride exhaust, but not enough to worry about my motor dying. It will be for sale soon. :frown:

hey bat

so you say the gt extreme are not enough flow for running high boots?
it there any way to find out for sure if this exhaust is restrictive and will hurting engine? i use to ran cantrel header with gtlw exhaust at 15psi of boots. then i switch to lovefab header, boots drop to 14psi. i called Shad and asked him why am i loosing boots with lovefab header and he told me it a good think that the boots was drop because the header flow better. when i installed the gt exteme exhaust boots still at 14psi, so am assuming it still flowing pretty good, if the gt extreme is restrictive boots will be back to 15psi. am i right or wrong please clear me out on this.
thanks

I have gt extreme also and ctsc. Curious too. But I love the sound too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey bat

so you say the gt extreme are not enough flow for running high boots?
it there any way to find out for sure if this exhaust is restrictive and will hurting engine? i use to ran cantrel header with gtlw exhaust at 15psi of boots. then i switch to lovefab header, boots drop to 14psi. i called Shad and asked him why am i loosing boots with lovefab header and he told me it a good think that the boots was drop because the header flow better. when i installed the gt exteme exhaust boots still at 14psi, so am assuming it still flowing pretty good, if the gt extreme is restrictive boots will be back to 15psi. am i right or wrong please clear me out on this.
thanks

From the looks of the photo the 2 pipes that feeds into the single pipe is a major concern since it's the same diameter.

So instead of two 2.25" pipes feeding into a single 2.25" pipe it should be feeding into a 3" or larger pipe, for example.

Yes, that is correct. Free flowing exhaust will have accurate boost numbers. In your case it was lower than when you had the other exhaust.

The restrictive exhaust will create back pressure that will inflate the boost number in the end.

Think of it as constipation or clogged up arteries and the resulting high blood pressure.

If you can modify the GT-one or extreme by replacing the restrictive Y-in & Y-out with either one of these Magnaflow Tru-X solutions then the problem should be fixed and you should be able to preserve and perhaps improve on the sound while reducing the back pressure.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/02xypipes.asp

Re: Gt-one 5.1 Exhaust ... FI cars beware!!!

I have a pride V2 and haven't seen any issues. When I talked to shad he said a potential problem might be you will see more boost with a restrictive exhaust, but I have never seen more then 6lbs.

I would like to test a Comptech Exhaust to see if it dyno's more.

Which SC version do you have?

I talked to Shad today and he concurred not to use this exhaust with a ctsc. I love my pride exhaust, but not enough to worry about my motor dying. It will be for sale soon. :frown:

I'm confused. You say that Shad said not to use a GT-one 5.1 exhaust with a low boost CTSC?

I'm confused. You say that Shad said not to use a GT-one 5.1 exhaust with a low boost CTSC?

Yes. I have the older whipple. He said he has seen as much as 11rwhp gain going from gt.one to comptech.

I don't know how serious the problem is. there seems to be a lot of people running ctsc and gt.one, but I just want to be safe.

Yes. I have the older whipple. He said he has seen as much as 11rwhp gain going from gt.one to comptech.

I don't know how serious the problem is. there seems to be a lot of people running ctsc and gt.one, but I just want to be safe.

I have the Autorotor with DC sports headers and a SS, GTOne ver. 5.1 quad tip.(also short gears and 4.23r&p)
Nothing but fun and jaw dropping sounds.:biggrin:

I had a ARK, B&B and now the GTOne. Always had the same boost on the gauge (when I can peek).

Back