• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

GT One Goodness

Had some time today to install a new lip. We'll see how long it lasts.

GT One CF lip

IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1399.JPG

Also cleared out the mesh in the 02 valence. Now you can see the v5.1! Pictures came out crappy.

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1389.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

Jose, cars looking great! I like that front lip....I just think you need to lower your car a little bit. :wink: :tongue:

Hey, how hard was it to remove the mesh? When we were looking at it, it looked like little clips. So, 2 part question then, how hard was it to remove, and is it easily reinstalled?

Take care,
- Z

02 rears look great w/out mesh. Almost like GT-One rear........................almost.:biggrin:

02 rears look great w/out mesh. Almost like GT-One rear........................almost.:biggrin:

It depends....but I do agree with the openess of the GT One rear valance...that's why I almost bought one. The thing that bugged me about it, was the squared area around the exhaust tips(appears to be designed for the dual tip in mind). Having single tips, I preferred the OEM style. If I had the 5.1 or another dual tip version, I would have also gone with the GT One valance. :smile:

So David, what are you running, 5.1 or not??? :tongue: :biggrin:

I was surprised to how good it looks now. My wife immediately noticed it. She thinks it looks to aggressive, which to me translates into a big :biggrin: .

Jose, cars looking great! I like that front lip....I just think you need to lower your car a little bit. :wink: :tongue:

Hey, how hard was it to remove the mesh? When we were looking at it, it looked like little clips. So, 2 part question then, how hard was it to remove, and is it easily reinstalled?

Take care,
- Z

Z,
The gap does look pretty big even with the Bilsteins but I can't ride as low as you. Seeing your car and Scott's has made me reconsider but I don't want to drag anywhere.

The mesh has 12 metal "clips" and two screws (that hold the triangular bracket in place). Once you cut the clips you need to get more since they cannot be reused or use small tie-wraps to put it back in. The mesh is not going back in!!! Did not care too much for the chicken wire.

-Jose

It depends....but I do agree with the openess of the GT One rear valance...that's why I almost bought one. The thing that bugged me about it, was the squared area around the exhaust tips(appears to be designed for the dual tip in mind). Having single tips, I preferred the OEM style. If I had the 5.1 or another dual tip version, I would have also gone with the GT One valance. :smile:

So David, what are you running, 5.1 or not??? :tongue: :biggrin:

This,http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100530

To add to the GT One craziness, I am replacing the Comptech headers with GT ONE headers.

Full GT ONE exhaust system.....including test pipes for those of you keeping tabs.:smile:

A couple camera phone pics comparing Comptech to GT ONE. Tomorrow the front header comes off. So far the work to replace it has not been bad at all.

Comptech vs GT ONE Rear Header Comparison:
IMG_0132.JPG

GT ONE Rear Header:
IMG_0131.JPG

Comptech Rear Header:
IMG_0130.JPG

Videos to come this weekend.

Nice! We need a new soundclip to compare. I wanted the headers when I picked up the exhaust they were just over my budget at the time..

Removed the front header. Takes some time but straight forward.

Some comparison shots

Left GT-ONE vs. Right Comptech
IMG_01382.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_01361.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Finishing up tomorrow. Can't wait!

I'm really surprised there is that much difference in the design of the two headers...

Let us know your thoughts! (+ Sound clips!! :tongue: )

Big difference in both headers. I will say that the front header adds a lot of heart ache when trying to put the front engine mount bolt back on.

The headers are on so tomorrow I should have video available. Just need to attach the test pipes, O2 sensors, rear sway bar, two braces and change the oil.

Strange enough the exhaust system sounds more refined now. With the Comptech headers it sounded harsher/meaner at all revs. With the GT-One headers it sounds smoother and has a better hum at cruising speeds. Still sounds angry but not so raspy. At idle you can tell the difference.

A quick and dirty video. I'll try to get more videos up.

NEW VIDEO:
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc2-VNbnQvI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc2-VNbnQvI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Old Video Taitec to GT ONE v5.1 exhaust and Test Pipes
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmkwUgQmlcg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmkwUgQmlcg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Back