• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

GT-R?? What is Wrong With Me??

When I was a kid, I would lay on the "shelf" above the rear seats and rear window in our car. The NSX has a perfect area for that over the engine cover. :biggrin:

When I was a kid, I would lay on the "shelf" above the rear seats and rear window in our car. The NSX has a perfect area for that over the engine cover. :biggrin:

Now now, this isn't Germany, we don't want to roast our children for dinner...

Not a fan of AMG cars and their horrible depreciation values but yes they are fast cars that are well built.

Not a turbo kind of guy and prefer N/A cars so these were my top choices both at my local dealer: GTS Cayenne and GTS Panamera (the Pana has optional wheels which make it look even more striking!)

P.S. the Cayenne is a bit more enticing in terms of practicality as it can seat 5 and slightly less money than the Pana but something about the look of a sedan that just makes me love it more.

Which one would you guys take?

i would buy used. the AMG's (aside from my favorite, the C63 AMG) and the Cayenne have horrible depreciation. i have been in a Cayenne GTS on track and it handles quite well considering its tall and so heavy. i am not a fan of the Panamera's look and def not a fan of the price.

Love my GTR. Never looked back.

You guys overthink things...

i would have to agree. if you want it and can afford it and the maintenance, get it. it took me years to get an NSX because i was overthinking it. just do it and enjoy your life.

it took me years to get an NSX because i was overthinking it. just do it and enjoy your life.

Yep. If you don't want your NSX anymore, there is a rabid enthusiast-in-the-making out there waiting to scoop it up.

Very wise indeed... She clarified with with him winding up with his old car and she got a new odyssey. That's some verbal Jiujitsu there boy! :biggrin:

That's what happens when two NYC litigators get married. Btw Dave she cracked up when she saw your post! :)

In a way........ I guess; but the GTR would be much more appealing with a Manual Trans.

my .02

That's what happens when two NYC litigators get married. Btw Dave she cracked up when she saw your post! :)

ROFL - I was almost going to make a post saying that she must be an attorney, but then decided not too. Looks like my instincts were spot on though!

p.s. also married to an attorney, but I lack the law degree myself to properly defend myself :(

Makes you wonder when too many gears starts to become counter productive. At some point the law of diminishing returns must take over.

Makes the CVT (in concept) much more interesting.

listen RYU...coming out of turn 8 you should have downshifted into 10th gear,then maybe 8th before the kink......:eek:

The NSX can use a 7 speed for sure. I'd love one. Porsche just has their shit together. Consistently engineering good cars.

Makes you wonder when too many gears starts to become counter productive. At some point the law of diminishing returns must take over.

Makes the CVT (in concept) much more interesting.

its a freeway gear. 1-6 is close ratio. makes perfect sense for the diehard manual drivers they are forced to cater to. shift times are the issue, as us humans cannot shift as fast as a computer. PDK is perfect though, so that is my choice. 8-speed autos are already pretty common and it maximizes the powerband while maximizing mileage.

Back