• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

GT37R Startup Video.

EAC

Legendary Member
Here is me starting up my car after installing the GT37R Turbo Kit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sWmj_WXtQE8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Which kit did you end up going with?

Oh, and which clutch too?

(I might have missed this in previous posts)

Sorry, I have the RPS Clutch. I bought the turbokit from Lovefab, it's the turbotrix configuration.

Last edited:
Nice rumble to your exhaust. Looking forward to your dyno sheets. Make sure they plot your afr/boost and rpm's in 500rpm increments.

Nice rumble to your exhaust. Looking forward to your dyno sheets. Make sure they plot your afr/boost and rpm's in 500rpm increments.

DDozier will be doing the tuning so I'm sure he'll make sure all the information is displayed.

It wont be too bad! :biggrin: How much boost will you be running?

Have you don it?

I'm still on a unopened 3.0, and I plan on leaning on it a bit.... so who knows? :eek:

Yeah, Its not too bad. Just take your time and have a buddy help you.

I am excited to see what the 37r will do on a stock 3.0.

Got any tips? All of my friends are raging alcoholics and would probably do more harm than good..... :eek:

Got any tips? All of my friends are raging alcoholics and would probably do more harm than good..... :eek:

Get new friends... :biggrin: There is a great writeup on clutch installation on here. I just saw it recently too. Besides that all you can do is have the right tools and have lots of patients! It will come out one way or another.

At 18psi it made like 595hp and 525tq on a 9.5:1 motor with SOS FI cams on a Dyno Jet. Only a few people here have intentionally pushed their motors to failure on purpose......you should get a video of the grenading for us.....and cross your fingers that you don't send a rod through the block in the process.

Sounds fantastic!
Watch that right exhaust tip though.. looks a little close to your valance!

Right exhaust tip is waste gate only.....it's the left one that is gonna shoot a flame....I already warned him about it....lol.

At 18psi it made like 595hp and 525tq on a 9.5:1 motor with SOS FI cams on a Dyno Jet. Only a few people here have intentionally pushed their motors to failure on purpose......you should get a video of the grenading for us.....and cross your fingers that you don't send a rod through the block in the process.

I don't plan on pushing it "that hard", ha!

Honestly, if anything goes; I'm pretty sure it will be the headgasket. I shouldn't be detonating at all with meth injection.

But trust me, everything will be video taped in case all hell breaks loose! :biggrin:

I don't plan on pushing it "that hard", ha!

Honestly, if anything goes; I'm pretty sure it will be the headgasket. I shouldn't be detonating at all with meth injection.

But trust me, everything will be video taped in case all hell breaks loose! :biggrin:

I think 500whp should be safe for a stock motor with a proper tune.

I think 500whp should be safe for a stock motor with a proper tune.

I've read about a few guys pushing over 500 whp on the stock engine but I thought they all had upgraded headgaskets and studs?

I figure if I want some bragging rights, I can always dump in a little race gas for a power pull.

I've read about a few guys pushing over 500 whp on the stock engine but I thought they all had upgraded headgaskets and studs?

I figure if I want some bragging rights, I can always dump in a little race gas for a power pull.
I definitely have head studs and cometic head gaskets but presently make 630 to the wheels on e-85. I havent heard of any over 8 psi that did not blow head gaskets. I am sure someone will correct me if they are over 8 psi and havent hurt the head gaskets.

I definitely have head studs and cometic head gaskets but presently make 630 to the wheels on e-85. I havent heard of any over 8 psi that did not blow head gaskets. I am sure someone will correct me if they are over 8 psi and havent hurt the head gaskets.

Here is a quote from Cody.

I think Cody's stock motor car had 500 whp too.

Matt's NSX has Methanol Injection which allows us to raise the boost by a couple of psi. We would never release a customer car running 12 psi on a factory motor without Methanol Injection and the additional failsafes that we incorporate.

Since late 2005 we have turbocharged over 40 "stock" motor NSX's and have yet to see a failure directly resulting from our tuning or turbo system. If the system is installed and tuned by a competent installer(such as LoveFab) then the factory motor should last many years.

400 WHP was the "accepted" safe power level. But with the advance in technology, the power levels keep rising along with the safety levels. For example, we have a Meth Injected stock C32B making 479WHP/340WTQ at 10 psi. The car has seen multiple track days and contintues to take a beating. The customer has driven the car more over the past 18 months since than when he bought it new in 1991.

LoveFab has always fought the stigma of turbo = unreliable. We are slowly but surely winning the battle.

Back