• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR... Can't do it

GTR's hold value very well.

Obviously not everyone agrees with you otherwise they wouldn't sell for what they do. Prices are set by demand. They aren't staying on the market very long.

Of course. This is just my opinion. As much as I love the NSX I still couldn't justify paying more than $60K for one.

Of course. This is just my opinion. As much as I love the NSX I still couldn't justify paying more than $60K for one.

I could. If for nothing other than the fact that I can ride around in one for 2 years for free.

I could. If for nothing other than the fact that I can ride around in one for 2 years for free.

I agree that depreciation is low to nil on the NSXs in general, but I'm not so sure about the high price ones, it'll be tough to find a buyer and it can take a long time to sell it (like 6 months to a year). As newer cars come out the buyer pool has shrunk considerably. A lot of the buyers are existing or old NSX owners these days ... and this is not a large group of people.

I agree that depreciation is low to nil on the NSXs in general, but I'm not so sure about the high price ones, it'll be tough to find a buyer and it can take a long time to sell it (like 6 months to a year). As newer cars come out the buyer pool has shrunk considerably. A lot of the buyers are existing or old NSX owners these days ... and this is not a large group of people.

My car if it was stock has lost probably 10k in value since 2006. That's 6 years of smiles. Roughly 800 02+ cars in the U.S. Demand may not be all that high but the supply is also very limited. Go to eBay and look for an 02+ nsx then look for a Ferrari 360, a GTR, an R8, a Z06, and compare the numbers of cars for sale.

There's nothing like an NSX. :D

My car if it was stock has lost probably 10k in value since 2006. That's 6 years of smiles. Roughly 800 02+ cars in the U.S. Demand may not be all that high but the supply is also very limited. Go to eBay and look for an 02+ nsx then look for a Ferrari 360, a GTR, an R8, a Z06, and compare the numbers of cars for sale.

There's nothing like an NSX. :D

That also depends on how much you drive it. If it's a garage queen the car will retain the value MUCH BETTER than the cars that has 40-50K+ miles.

Once the mileage hit 60K or more seems like the price will also drop as the buyers pool become even smaller.

That also depends on how much you drive it. If it's a garage queen the car will retain the value MUCH BETTER than the cars that has 40-50K+ miles.

Once the mileage hit 60K or more seems like the price will also drop as the buyers pool become even smaller.

Well that car is a deal for someone because nothing is as reliable. I would buy a newer NSX with higher miles easy.

Obviously not everyone agrees with you otherwise they wouldn't sell for what they do. Prices are set by demand. They aren't staying on the market very long.

+1 there, I've had offers over $90 for my NSX and as you can see I still have my NSX :)

You can't place a number on rarity and there will always be people who can and will pay. I paid good money for my NSX and never regretted it because there is no other choices out there.

I'm glad you got this 05 NSX at a good price, because I wouldn't reommend buying an 05 with low mileage at some of the prices people are asking for. For more than $60K, some close to $70K asking, there are better options out there.

You're almost a mind reader. My rule of thumb was that if it was going to cost me near the same price to get a 2009 GT-R, I would've went GT-R. Seeing as how 2009 GT-Rs are selling for approx. 63-65k USD, you now have an idea of what I did/didn't pay for my NSX. :biggrin:

Even better is that it came with my favorite set of Volk TE-37s which would've cost 6k brand new with tires. Most importantly this is what I paid for a car already landed here (in Canada) from the US, so there were no shipment/duty/tax fees added to that price, which can be significant.

smart thinking on both counts.

You're almost a mind reader. My rule of thumb was that if it was going to cost me near the same price to get a 2009 GT-R, I would've went GT-R. Seeing as how 2009 GT-Rs are selling for approx. 63-65k USD, you now have an idea of what I did/didn't pay for my NSX. :biggrin:

Even better is that it came with my favorite set of Volk TE-37s which would've cost 6k brand new with tires. Most importantly this is what I paid for a car already landed here (in Canada) from the US, so there were no shipment/duty/tax fees added to that price, which can be significant.

From two different time periods... but both good times. I do prefer a manual for pleasure/"spirited" street driving. I havent gone to a track yet, but I can see the reasons behind sequentials/dual clutch transmissions. Never missing a shift, auto rev match, lightening fast shifts... so you can concentrate on lines and accel/braking. But there is something about rowing my own gears that makes driving... well driving!

gtr04.jpg

From two different time periods... but both good times. I do prefer a manual for pleasure/"spirited" street driving. I havent gone to a track yet, but I can see the reasons behind sequentials/dual clutch transmissions. Never missing a shift, auto rev match, lightening fast shifts... so you can concentrate on lines and accel/braking. But there is something about rowing my own gears that makes driving... well driving!

gtr04.jpg

:biggrin:

You got a smoking deal on your NSX, and rightly so you shouldn't pass the savings to your brethren ;)

Turbo, you still considering a GTR? I'm getting closer and closer to picking one up but not giving up my NSX in trade....

Looking at either the GTR or new M5 (both are in the same price class amazingly!)

This would be a replacement for my IS-F that I sold a while back.... :)

Although I love white cars, this one will most likely be either the dark blue or black one like the one posted above.

Looking at either the GTR or new M5 (both are in the same price class amazingly!)

Rick - You and I def have similar tastes...lol! Im also looking at GTR. The GTR looks OK stock, but after a few simple mods, it really starts to look good. Maybe not as exotic-looking as the NSX, but good in a different way (imo). Either way the GTRs performance speaks for itself, plus seats in the back for the kids.

This GTR was fs right down the street from me. Spoke with seller but unfortunately its got a deposit on it :frown: White looks good...

2-2.jpg

464811_10100952680897322_68133605_51776946_356415007_o.jpg

I know that GTR - belongs to DJ Sai. Gorgeous car.

Also reminds me of Claude's car, also in NOVA area:

184879_197368906954973_5239626_n.jpg

^those are nice cars and I saw them posted on GTR forum however from what I can see, most people do not want 2009 or 2010 models.

The 2013 GTR's with only a few thousand miles can be hand for high 80's to low 90's and IMO is a much better car which is both cosmetically nicer and FASTER.

This is why you see so many 09/10 GTR's for sale and most are over-priced for what they are when you can have a 2013 model. When you are spending $70k+ for a used car, I don't think another $20k is a big difference for an almost new car with warranty.

One of the good things about NSX is they hold their value so much better than these GTR's :)

I clearly respect the GTR from a performance perspective, how can you not? However personally I like small/compact sports cars and to me the GTR is like a Japanese Muscle car. Personal preference though...

Wrong s4ply!
Reminding you that 09 GTR's sold new for about $72K list. Typically a now 4 years old GTR with a resonable 24k miles on the clock (about 6k miles/year as a second car or a mild daily driver like a typical NSX) will sell now for over $60K. You can count on one hand the 09's that have sold for less. That is roughly about 12-15% depreciation in 4 years. Excellent by any standard. Reminding you also that NSX's were sold with a 15% discount when thay were SPANKING NEW. Rumors have it the GTR may be discontinued. If it is , it will be one the best buys you can make.

Glad to notice it is becoming a little less fashionable to bash the GTR, one of the best performance cars you could ever buy and yes, my lowly GTR makes my third NSX feel like a dinosaur.

Last edited:
Wrong s4ply!
Reminding you that 09 GTR's sold new for about $72K list. Typically a now 4 years old GTR with a resonable 24k miles on the clock (about 6k miles/year as a second car or a mild daily driver like a typical NSX) will sell now for over $60K. You can count on one hand the 09's that have sold for less. That is roughly about 12-15% depreciation in 4 years. Excellent by any standard. Reminding you also that NSX's were sold with a 15% discount when thay were SPANKING NEW. Rumors have it the GTR may be discontinued. If it is , it will be one the best buys you can make.

Glad to notice it is becoming a little less fashionable to bash the GTR, one of the best performance cars you could ever buy and yes, my lowly GTR makes my third NSX feel like a dinosaur.

Clearly you might have some hurt feelings since it's obvious you are a GTR owner which is fine, you have your opinion, I have mine. You seem to forget I'm NOT bashing the car, I am considering to buy one!

I've driven plenty of 09/10 GTR's and every owner I've talked to wished they had a newer model for the huge improvements they made. Heck 3 of them traded their old ones for the new ones. Yes they raised the price of the car quite a bit but for those capable of swapping, they will do so in a heartbeat. A stock 2013 GTR has performance close to many modded 09's and you get a nice warranty.

My point from a value aspect is that if you are already spending this kind of money on a luxury item, you want the best bang and that is the 2013 GTR. At $100k it's a good deal but at used car pricing I've seen hovering around $89k for one with a few thousand miles, that is a steal and best bargain in town.

I would never compare a GTR to an NSX since the GTR will simply destroy it in performance. Having 2 extra back seats is the main reason I'm considering the car for my kids. However when your 09 GTR runs out of warranty, I can bet most will not touch it with a 10' pole and that is how the current scene is with used GTR's. You see tons of 09 owners wanting to sell and asking way too much. Most of those cars will sit for a long time.

As long as you think it's a good deal that's fine but most here will agree that the market for a used GTR with miles and an expiring warranty is not in demand where as a 2005 NSX with no warranty is still in demand without question. If they discontinue the GTR right now, the Black Series will hold its value best if not abused and with documented history, low miles, etc, that I agree with you 100%.

P.S. It's not like I'm selling my NSX or other cars - each car I own has a purpose and I appreciate the GTR for what it does well which is why I want to add it to my stable to replace my IS-F. Still not 100% sure I need a 540hp 2-door coupe since with kids realistically the new M5 is a better target car, we'll see I guess how this plays out when the M5 gets released in September :)

here is one example of a beautiful 2013 that I'm pretty sure owner will take $90k:

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index...emium-1500-miles-xpel-stillen-skid-plate-92k/

He even posts some auction info on past cars that were sold:

A 2012 sold on 4/26/12 with 33 miles for $90k
All the other 2012's at auction had high miles over 10k miles so I didn't have much to compare it to.
The acutal last transacation for a 2012 was a black one with 14,653 miles, which sold for 82,500
A BMW dealer down the street from me just sold a 2013 with over 5k miles for $93k

Last edited:
Back