• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTR has some competition. ZR1

This looks pretty damn good.

x09ch_cr086.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-chevrolet-corvette-zr1/537467/

way more pix there.

The interior looks sweet too.

x09ch_cr075.jpg

Looking good. Looks like a standard manual tranny and a person isn't going to match that crazy launch control on the GT-R. Z06 is no longer the bang for the buck King of the hill or just flat out king as of right now. I don't think Chevy is going to take this lying down ,but Cosworth the designers/builders of the GT-R engine had a hard time detuning the GT-R down to 480. Apparently that's about a hundred down from were the engine is actually comfortable. This car will put everyone on notice and cause the euro guys to start claiming "breeding" again and Honda and Toyota will have rethink their pricing on their upcoming cars as that $70k GT-R price tag puts them in a really tough spot.

Go ZR-1

Looks nice!! Dunno I might be picky I guess but the interior still does nothing for me.

Whats with the see thru part in the hood? Looks like solar panels under there for something. :confused:

That looks NICE.

Anybody got a link to pricing or specs?

Wow...1st corvette that I've actually liked in a long time.

So a GT-R with "back seats" or this 600hp beast? Wow...where's the next NSX when you need it?

You guys do know that the GTR as soon as it comes out people will do the smallest things possible and still get allot of power. You can do allot more to a factory turbo car then a car with a big A^&% engine. :wink: I say the GTR can put down 550-600 easy:rolleyes:

As for the vette im sure its 600+hp under 2800pounds and made out of plastic.
Am i the only guy that thinks the headlights are wanabe NSX LIGHTS?

You guys do know that the GTR as soon as it comes out people will do the smallest things possible and still get allot of power. You can do allot more to a factory turbo car then a car with a big A^&% engine. :wink: I say the GTR can put down 550-600 easy:rolleyes:

As for the vette im sure its 600+hp under 2800pounds and made out of plastic.
Am i the only guy that thinks the headlights are wanabe NSX LIGHTS?

I'm not saying that it won't be possible--I am sure ppl will find a way--but I read that Nissan engineers sealed the engine in some way so that it is harder to mod it, since it is such a high-strung engine. It's not the same beast as the old I6 TT GTR. Of course a simple exhaust/intercooler swap should unleash some ponies.

So lets see, ~4 yrs & who knows how many 100s of thousands in development, an estimated $100K price tag, and supposedly mind-boggling performance levels. Yet NO ONE thought to put a good set of seats in the damn thing??!! Like no one in GM/Chevy could have called Bride, Recaro, or Sparco for a pair of seats with actual side support & lots of adjustments? My '83 GTI had much better seats than that. So go spend $100K on the car (like the dealers won't be gouging for the 1st year) & then go drop another $3-4K in seats? Gimme a break.

Well according to the picture it has side airbags. That's probably the reason it doesn't have racing seats.

Looks nice!! Dunno I might be picky I guess but the interior still does nothing for me.

Whats with the see thru part in the hood? Looks like solar panels under there for something. :confused:

I'm not feeling the hood, nor the interior.

The black looks the best/meanest.

Although it is pretty clear that the car will lay down some decent numbers, I don't see myself driving one.

Overall I like it but they went a little overboard with the "Pontiac" scoops etc...

The carbon top is a nice touch.

Overall I like it but they went a little overboard with the "Pontiac" scoops etc...

The carbon top is a nice touch.

Oh its the new Ram Air.:biggrin:

The more I look at it, the more I like it. It is like a Ferrari 599 for 1/3 the price. I can't wait to see one in person.

I bet it will not be along before a tuner takes the SC off and slaps some turbo's on there making 750HP.

I'd like it better if they did'nt have the hood bulge,maybe lower the motor or make it shorter rather than raise the roof.But man will that thing move,and stop.

Back