• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! I'm on fire and smoking.

PSW

Registered Member
Well not really, but condensation fog (looks like smoke, but evaporates after moving a foot) comes out of my '94 center vents. No smell. Usually when starting up a long hill, but not always. Seems like maybe related to outside air temp. It does it for 5 minutes usually when beginning driving, then quits for the day. I just had the a/c charged, but it was doing it before (but less frequently). Just had new compressors put in after a mild dive into a shallow ditch. Wondering if body shop forgot a baffle or something to divert or block condensation fog from coming out the center vents. I might guess - the a/c makes the pipes connecting the compressors or some other components frost over during the night and the condensation blows off as fog when I start to drive and the system is warmed up. I don't think it's normal - would Acura produce a car that has smoke coming out the vents!!! Any ideas? Thanks

Back