• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help me decide

Guys, sorry for another one of these "exhaust" threads. At my finger tips are two procurement options for exhausts: 1) Bel Canto, and 2) ARC Titanium. I have never heard either in person, so I only have 3rd party descriptions. And from what I have learned, these are two very different beasts. Bel Canto has a higher-pitched, louder exhaust note, but weighs in at ~24lbs. The ARC titanium seems to have a lower growl, not as high is decibels, and weighs <15lbs. Believe it or not, I can get the ARC titanium at ~$300-$400 premium over the Bel Canto. The question is, which should I choose? Would owners of each respective exhaust chime in, in terms of build quality? exhaust note/pitch/volume? weight savings (this one is clear)? actual/butt dyno results? I am having a hard time, not to mention juggling the availability of these things in the marketplace. Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks.

I haven't heard them, but my vote would be to go with the most tolerable sound levels, both for you and your neighbors, and the lightest weight.

I had a Taitec GTLW and it was a great sounding exhaust. You won't be able to feel the difference between two different exhausts in the seat of your pants. You won't be able to feel the difference between stock and ARC Ti in the seat of your pants, so is $3k worth it?

I had a Taitec GTLW and it was a great sounding exhaust. You won't be able to feel the difference between two different exhausts in the seat of your pants. You won't be able to feel the difference between stock and ARC Ti in the seat of your pants, so is $3k worth it?

Funny thing is that... when i had the Taitec GTLW , i was literally in love because 1) price 2) the light savings 3) great sound. But until i bought my Gtone/belcanto it really justified the amount i paid. Its a very unique sound thats really intoxicating. GTLW is loud and sounds great but doesnt have a controlled tone. With the GTone/belcanto its loud but in a unique "toned" sound, its really hard to explain but hopefully other exhaust owners could chime in. Also on the ARC ti, even though a beautiful piece it surprises how the new ones are really expensive yet the used ones are half the price and they dont seem to be wanted as much.

thisi s just my .02

Oh and also i forgot to mention , like i said above the gtlw isnt a controlled volume so when your driving its "sorta" droney you can def hear it in your cabin but the Belcanto/gtone its controlled with the gas and if you WOT so its very quiet in the cabin.

Last edited:
I saw another thread on a person who bought the Bel Canto, and lost some ponies on a dyno, but someone chimed in with a response that it needs a few days for the ECU to adjust. Did we arrive at a definitive answer on whether the Bel Canto adds, or subtracts, horsepower?

Back