• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help please, my 92 won't start!!!

Sounds like the main relay giving you problems i replaced mine about three years ago. About a month ago went to start the car and would not start take the panel off behind the driver seat and tap on the main relay with your knuckles see if that helps mine started right up after i taped it a few times you can also test the main relay if you have a voltage meter go to chapter 11 page 103 in the service manual to see if you need to buy a new one good luck

replaced the ignition switch and the main relay, problem persisted.

replaced the wires that connecting to the + battery terminal and problem fixed. Some parts of it corroded in the canadian weather and it was the culprit.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

:biggrin:

For a week now my car wont start either, I replaced the main relay yesterday & still nothing. Everything electrical in the car works. I just tried another battery and I still get that click sound when I try to start the car. Does it sound like the ignition switch to you guys? :confused:

For a week now my car wont start either, I replaced the main relay yesterday & still nothing. Everything electrical in the car works. I just tried another battery and I still get that click sound when I try to start the car. Does it sound like the ignition switch to you guys? :confused:

Sounds like the starter. There's a small wire on top of the starter that has a spade end on it. Unplug it, squeeze the female terminal with a pair of pliers to make it fit tighter, sand lightly to remove corrosion and plug it back in. If that doesn't work lightly tap on the starter with the handle of a hammer or something similar. If it starts after that you'll need to rebuild your starter soon.

Sounds like the starter. There's a small wire on top of the starter that has a spade end on it. Unplug it, squeeze the female terminal with a pair of pliers to make it fit tighter, sand lightly to remove corrosion and plug it back in. If that doesn't work lightly tap on the starter with the handle of a hammer or something similar. If it starts after that you'll need to rebuild your starter soon.
Thanks for the quick reply. This is gonna sound dumb but I'm looking in the service manual & I have no clue where the starter is. :confused: Maybe its too early, I'll blame my dumbness on that.

I had a similar problem.

With my car it was the lead from the battery that controls the acc and the starter. if you look at your battery cable it has two + leads one of them could be broken or corroded.

In my case it had actually broken at the terminal where it connects to the battery. Car wouldn't start but the lights and alarm worked, but the radio and other acc's didn't.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is gonna sound dumb but I'm looking in the service manual & I have no clue where the starter is. :confused: Maybe its too early, I'll blame my dumbness on that.

No biggie. If you approach the engine bay from the drivers side it is straight down and to the left of the engine compartment between the engine and wheel well. It will have a large wire and a much smaller wire attached to it and should be silver or gray in color. If your sitting in the drivers seat it would be almost directly behind your kidneys.

Back