• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with TW sensor

Hey guys, I have been researching the site looking for my answers and can't quite seem to find them. I suspect the TW sensor on my 99 coupe is going bad, and I would like to test it and replace if necessary. I have the 97-05 manual on CD and I can not find the location of were this sensor is. What section do I look in? Cooling? Emissions? Electrical? Engine? Is there a trouble shooting guide once I get to that section (how many ohms and such)?

If I have to replace it, what part number do I order? I saw in some earlier posts that there may be an issue with two different thread sizes.

Does anyone have a picture of the sensor on the engine?

Any help you guys can lend would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

From PM :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fox32223 said:
Brian,
The real problem I'm trying to get at is when the engine warms up a problem shows itself.

For instance....When you are approaching a red light @ about 45mph, you push the clutch in and the RPM's drop below 300, the engine almosts stalls then it pops back up to perfect smooth idle. It only does this whne the engine is warm. When it's cold everthing works as it should.

Based on some past experinces with my old Legend, water temp sensor can cause this.

I did clean the throttle plate so I don't think that is the issue.

Do you have any other suggestions of other things I could look at?

Thanks,

Greg

You need to do a better job at cleaning the throttle body.

Back