• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Here is it! The new 2010 FX-TA1 Widebody Kit for 91-01 NSX

Just received my kit today! Many thanks to Ken at FXMD for creating a quality work of art and taking the time and effort to make sure the kit arrived in Alaska in one piece. His service is definitely top-notch! Also, thanks to Coz for taking the time to answer my hundred questions. I'll definitely keep you busy as I perform the fitment and install. I'll try to unpack everything tomorrow and post more detailed pics.

Now that's a crate!
FX-TA1.JPG

FX-TA1-b.JPG

I like your MR2 also! Got more pics of the MR2?

Here are a few pics of the kit taped up and put together. So far it looks like everything lines up properly with eachother. I'll start a separate thread once the build begins.

DSCN1246_653x490.jpg

DSCN1264_653x490.jpg

DSCN1272_653x490.jpg

DSCN1261_653x490.jpg

DSCN1302_653x490.jpg

DSCN1331_653x490.jpg

DSCN1325_653x490.jpg

DSCN1310_653x490.jpg

DSCN1317_653x490.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty much Stephen with just minor adjustments.

Wow. I've never seen a kit out of the box so I can't compare but this one looks almost like you can slap it on!
Stephen

Man you could make your kid a wicked widebody NSX bed with one of those! Or a bed for yourself for that matter.. :biggrin: Sorry that's what it reminds me of seing the pieces stuck together on the ground like that.

That would be a fun project if you started with an NSX that needed body work or had bad paint. This is the 2nd time today I've wished I had a 2nd NSX :cool:

I thought it would be great to have it in Carbon Fiber, but then after having it and driving it, I realized it would be tough to do any repairs from rock chips and little things that happen. Never mind anything major like a quarter panel...

?!??!?!?!?! did someone say kevlar?????? I hope you are wrong cause I will ending having to sell a kidney for a kevlar version :D

I thought it would be great to have it in Carbon Fiber, but then after having it and driving it, I realized it would be tough to do any repairs from rock chips and little things that happen. Never mind anything major like a quarter panel...

Can someone clarify whether or not it is available in Kevlar? This would clear up the confusion.

I sent an e-mail to Ken, I'm sure he will respond when he see's it.

Can someone clarify whether or not it is available in Kevlar? This would clear up the confusion.

Great to hear it made it there in one piece! Thanks again for the patience, we were trying to figure out the best method to ship it and went through a few iterations. Cant wait to see it mounted and painted! Nice MR2 btw!

We have made one 2002 Kevlar wide-body that was meant for our 2010 race car. Timing did not work out right so we did not run it this year. I am not sure how available the Kevlar will be so this may be the only one we make.

Congrats to Joe on his purchase of the FX-TA1 wide body. I cant wait to see it on the targa!

Thank you to those that have emailed about the FX-TA1. We have had quite a few emails regarding the same question so I will add them to this thread.

Will the OEM rear bumper fit?

Yes, the OEM upper rear bumper will fit with the kit, it will require light modification and will also require a lower rear diffuser.

Why is the driver's side rear quarter panel intake different than the passenger side?

The driver's side rear quarter panel intake was made to accommodate at CAI like the Daliracing, SOS, Cantrell, DF. This intake provides you with a solid seal to the CAI.

What happens if I damage a body panel?

Not a problem, we own the molds and have the ability to produce any panel we want at a given time. In addition, we do sell the parts individually if someone were to be making a hybrid widebody.

^^^agreed. I'd love to have the F430 look without the widebody.

^^^agreed. I'd love to have the F430 look without the widebody.

We have received tons of emails on this and will be doing a rear bumper for the OEM car. The only issue we are trying to decide on is if we keep the oem exhaust termination points or require the end user to fab up a custom center exit.

can I just get the rear quarter and the side skirt with the rear bumper. i.e. without the front quarter and would that work?

Thanks

Yes sir! Please send me an email if you want to discuss further.

A couple questions:

1. I noticed the rear wide fenders begin to transition back to OEM width right at the seem connecting to the rear bumper. Does this mean the rear bumper dimensions is the same as OEM and we could have the option of only purchasing the rear bumper?

2. Any plans to create a front bumper for the 02-05 models so that those owners have an option to buy? Maybe this could be the 2010 FX-TA2. :)

Back