• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The backwards build - a new chapter in life for a former widebody

I have posted some pics on my build thread but I'm still waiting on Joey to send me his total file inclusive of video. I'll get it to you as soon as I get it.

I saw the pix in your thread. I guess what I meant by seams is where two pieces of vinyl have to overlap. There is no way to wrap the headlight covers, mirrors, vent inserts, openings in bumper, etc without having a seam/overlap somewhere, unless I am missing something.

If there is a video of the wrap, that would be excellent!

The guys that did mine and Vahalla's (endless auto salon) are magicians when it comes to this stuff...he prides himself on a seamless job (or very well hidden)... I will try to find the hidden seams and post up some pics for you. I would suggest finding the best wrap guy in town and going by his shop and picking his brain or maybe even just take him the tuff pieces and he could do them for you for a agreed upon price...it would be worth it IMO.

glad that i can help. those side markers were just collecting dusts in my garage.

good choices on those wrap colors. i had picked similar colors for my car and they look great.

The guys that did mine and Vahalla's (endless auto salon) are magicians when it comes to this stuff...he prides himself on a seamless job (or very well hidden)... I will try to find the hidden seams and post up some pics for you. I would suggest finding the best wrap guy in town and going by his shop and picking his brain or maybe even just take him the tuff pieces and he could do them for you for a agreed upon price...it would be worth it IMO.

Any pix of the seams would be greatly appreciated. That is a good idea to see if I cant get some tips from a local wrapper, but I'll stop short of paying to have some pieces done. I really want to learn how to do this well. I figure I can wrap it myself about 5-6 times for what it would cost to pay someone to do it, so if I make some mistakes on my first attempt, I dont feel too bad re-doing the whole thing.

glad that i can help. those side markers were just collecting dusts in my garage.
good choices on those wrap colors. i had picked similar colors for my car and they look great.

Thanks again. I really like the Blue Raspberry color, but I think next time I'll go with Anthracite

Well, Im finally starting to get the hang of this. Most important lesson learned thus far is to NOT try to do the initial placement of the vinyl by myself. It ends up being a mess. I really want to re-do the passenger side rear quarter, and the drivers side front fender, but I'll prolly just live with it for now, unless I have enough material left over after finishing. I ordered 14 yards of material, so in theory, I should have enough left over. We'll see.

Pictures do not do this color any justice at all. Depending on how the light hits it, it goes from a light, sky blue color to deep purple.

- - - Updated - - -

In a few hours, Im off to meet Hugo and a few other NSX owners to have the window fix done. Then will be able to roll the windows down so I can pull the trim off and finish wrapping the doors!

Regulators updated!

Thanks to @Hugabuga for going out of his way to make a Sunday MN stop happen, @MinnesotaR6 for organizing it, and Tint Pros for hosting! It was great to meet a bunch of other local NSX owners ( @Vi3tBoy is the only screen name on prime that I know of that was there besides R6)

When I first arrived, I wasnt sure where to go as Tint Pros is kinda tucked back and behind the building. I figured I was was at the right place, when I saw this:

IIRC there was a total of 5 NSX's there, and I just brought my regulators in as my car is still sitting on jackstands.

Last edited:
Great meeting you yesterday afternoon. Thank you so much for the help on removing and re-installing my door panel. 3 times :DGood luck on this build and hope to see you on the road soon.

Well, Im finally starting to get the hang of this. Most important lesson learned thus far is to NOT try to do the initial placement of the vinyl by myself. It ends up being a mess. I really want to re-do the passenger side rear quarter, and the drivers side front fender, but I'll prolly just live with it for now, unless I have enough material left over after finishing. I ordered 14 yards of material, so in theory, I should have enough left over. We'll see.

Pictures do not do this color any justice at all. Depending on how the light hits it, it goes from a light, sky blue color to deep purple.

- - - Updated - - -

In a few hours, Im off to meet Hugo and a few other NSX owners to have the window fix done. Then will be able to roll the windows down so I can pull the trim off and finish wrapping the doors!

Looks great. One must have a shit load of patience to work with a wrap. I myself tried window tinting long ago and threw in the towel shortly after.

Great meeting you yesterday afternoon. Thank you so much for the help on removing and re-installing my door panel. 3 times :DGood luck on this build and hope to see you on the road soon.

It was great to meet you as well! I was more than happy to help, all 3 times [emoji14] Is anyone else that was there on prime? I know Treit is, is @CBLude Leon?

Looks great. One must have a shit load of patience to work with a wrap. I myself tried window tinting long ago and threw in the towel shortly after.

Thanks. I guess there is some patience needed, but its so rewarding its worth it.

I got the regulators installed, stripped the doors down, and got them both wrapped last night after returning from the @Hugabuga meetup, and had to set all the panels in-place just to see. Its getting there!

Ed / [MENTION=6291]nsxbuilder[/MENTION] said that there actually IS a NSX certified technician in MN, over at Buerkle Acura. I might not have to take her all the way over to John @ Acura of Brookfield for the TB/WP service after all, which would be a 6 hour drive one-way.

Last edited:
It was great to meet you as well! I was more than happy to help, all 3 times :p Is anyone else that was there on prime? I know Treit is, is @CBLude Leon?

Thanks. I guess there is some patience needed, but its so rewarding its worth it.

I got the regulators installed, stripped the doors down, and got them both wrapped last night after returning from the @Hugabuga meetup, and had to set all the panels in-place just to see. Its getting there!

Ed / @nsxbuilder said that there actually IS and NSX certified technician in MN, over at Buerkle Acura. I might not have to take her all the way over to John @ Acura of Brookfield for the TB/WP service after all, which would be a 6 hour drive one-way.
Coming along nicely and rather quickly. Great job.

Not sure who was who there to be honest. I'm horrible with names and faces. I only know Scotty (tokiusport), triet (r6mn) and met ed(nsxbuilder) at a CNC when I was leaving last year. I believe those are the only guys I know on this forum locally. And the first 2 I have known for years.

Wow, very impressive build. Good luck for it does look like you have a lot of work ahead of you.

Ed (nsxbuilder) is indeed correct. His recommendations are invaluable. Buerkle Acura does have a master NSX technician (John Schmidt?) who has been working on NSX's since their introduction. I believe you actually need to ask for him explicitly. He has done some pretty delicate work on my car and I have genuinely been pleased with his quality of work and knowledgebase. For reference, he did my clutch, entire set of coolant hoses, tie rod ends, rear main seal, VTEC solenoids, fuel pump & lines, replaced pads & rotors. Some things they will NOT do is place aftermarket parts on the car. They only address OEM parts (at least that is what they stated to me). One matter that I ask them to do is request to keep the car in the garage if kept overnight and not to wash/wax the car after service (I like doing it myself).

The Pride V2 arrived today. I wasnt sure if I should install it on the car or hang it on the wall. Seriously, this thing is like a piece of art! I just noticed that even the dog stopped in her tracks to admire it. Once I got it installed, and got the wife to rev the engine a few times so I could hear it from outside the car, my doubts of installing it vs hanging it on the wall were put to rest. I'm pretty sure I still have a shit-eatin'-grin on my face even now!

I didnt know it, but the wife grabbed my phone and was taking pix as I installed it.

Sorry, no vid clips. We've all heard the V2 a hundred times anyways right?

The Pride V2 arrived today. I wasnt sure if I should install it on the car or hang it on the wall. Seriously, this thing is like a piece of art! I just noticed that even the dog stopped in her tracks to admire it. Once I got it installed, and got the wife to rev the engine a few times so I could hear it from outside the car, my doubts of installing it vs hanging it on the wall were put to rest. I'm pretty sure I still have a shit-eatin'-grin on my face even now!
I had it in my loft as a floor peice for a couple months since my car was stored when I first purchased this exhuast. Great conversation peice when anyone came over and saw it lol.Maybe it's in my head but I think that the more and more miles I have put on this exhuast the better it sounded. (Motivation for you to finish up this car) ;)

Not sure who was who there to be honest. I'm horrible with names and faces. I only know Scotty (tokiusport), triet (r6mn) and met ed(nsxbuilder) at a CNC when I was leaving last year. I believe those are the only guys I know on this forum locally. And the first 2 I have known for years.

Im the same way. I've already forgot the names of half the people that were there!

Some things they will NOT do is place aftermarket parts on the car. They only address OEM parts (at least that is what they stated to me).

I was really hoping to have the updated LMAs I purchased from SOS installed during the service. I wonder if they will refuse?

I had it in my loft as a floor peice for a couple months since my car was stored when I first purchased this exhuast. Great conversation peice when anyone came over and saw it lol.Maybe it's in my head but I think that the more and more miles I have put on this exhuast the better it sounded. (Motivation for you to finish up this car) ;)

Ha! Motivation isnt the concern, its time and money. Plus, Im leaving next week for a 2 week vacation, which definitely cuts into the time factor, and adds to the money situation

This thread is so fun to follow. Keep up the great and inspiring work.

:biggrin:

Regarding LMA's, it would not hurt to ask for I believe that the ones SOS has are simply the revised OEM components. I would simply call and talk to one of the service writers. They've been very receptive to me and always seem (naturally) very excited to have NSX's in the shop.

Regarding LMA's, it would not hurt to ask for I believe that the ones SOS has are simply the revised OEM components. I would simply call and talk to one of the service writers. They've been very receptive to me and always seem (naturally) very excited to have NSX's in the shop.

I'll ask. They quoted me an extremely high price for the work (2100-3300), so we're in negotiations. Mostly waiting on John Vasos @ Acura of Brookfield to get back from vacation to clarify what his quote of 1700 entailed.

Tonight's update was getting the spoiler wrapped, as well as the passenger side fender. I was holding off on wrapping the pass fender since its slightly damaged (wheel contact resulting in a bulge and a busted weld) which the seller never, not once, even mentioned or disclosed, only saying it was in great condition. After contacting him about it he got extremely defensive and stood his ground on not believing in full disclosure. Buyer beware right? Oh well. It makes me so much more grateful for all the honest and stand up sellers I purchased everything else from. Thanks again to all of you decent people I purchased things from.

I also noticed that if I forget to turn the lights off in the garage and go upstairs to grab a cold beer to unwind, I can see my car from the window by the fridge :biggrin: (sorry for pic quality, had to zoom in)

Last edited:
After a very long, unplanned hiatus of working as many hours as possible including picking up a side job in order to recoup from a $12,000.00 financial set back in late August, Im finally able to get back to working on the car. I swear, every time I go out to the garage, I end up having to place another $100 order for OEM parts! Im on the tail end of having the wrap complete, and the car on the road, but Im waiting on a few orders for the necessary parts. One part I cant order, and I am hoping someone here or from the facebook groups can help me out with is the headlight lamp retainer clips.

Any chance any of you reading this have a pair of these, or know someone who might?

After a very long, unplanned hiatus of working as many hours as possible including picking up a side job in order to recoup from a $12,000.00 financial set back in late August, Im finally able to get back to working on the car. I swear, every time I go out to the garage, I end up having to place another $100 order for OEM parts! Im on the tail end of having the wrap complete, and the car on the road, but Im waiting on a few orders for the necessary parts. One part I cant order, and I am hoping someone here or from the facebook groups can help me out with is the headlight lamp retainer clips.

Any chance any of you reading this have a pair of these, or know someone who might?

Have you tried contacting Shawn in Tampa? He probably has these laying around.

Great choice with the color. Can't wait to see it finished.

Back