• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hesitation Mystery continues...replaced many parts

I have a 91 auto. During a long cruise especially on hot days my d light for drive will start flashing and my speedo needle will sart flailing about. Tps right?

Hey man,
The D light flashing usually means the system detects a problem with the transmission. When it has been flashing, you can use the jumper wire in the service connector and the D light will flash out the problem code it saw. Page 14-50 of the service manual starts the procedure. If you don't have it one is available at the wiki here on prime.

Mike

i recently came across this problem. however, mine was because of a bad ground. The wire look good, but it was corroded. This also explained why my a/c blow cool air while it is at idling.

470_2269642.0

HESITATION ISSUE SOLVED!!!!!

Thanks to Carboy! Turns out the valves needed to be adjusted. Thank God, I was getting scared asking them to do a leak down test. :redface:

Thanks for all the support here guys, I appreciate it!
- Zishan

i recently came across this problem. however, mine was because of a bad ground. The wire look good, but it was corroded. This also explained why my a/c blow cool air while it is at idling.

Which ground?

well atleast all the parts u replaced are new and will last you years. lol
nothing feel as good as problem solved.. now go drive the heck out of it.. no don't, just take it easy.. it's too nice of a car to beat on it. :biggrin:

well atleast all the parts u replaced are new and will last you years. lol
nothing feel as good as problem solved.. now go drive the heck out of it.. no don't, just take it easy.. it's too nice of a car to beat on it. :biggrin:

Yes, I'm as happy as can be! Just have a few other minor things I want to fix/upkeep and I'll be more happy! :wink:

Sorry to revive an old thread, But I took my 91 man NSX to the track for the first time last weekend, and half way through the day I came across this hesitation issue at low rpm's when slowly accelerating, since i have come back from the track day the car does it all the time, so naturally I did a search to see if it is a common issue, Zishan seems to have had all the same symptoms my car has now, only at low rpm, bellow 5k generally and only part throttle.

Problem is the car had its major service not even 2 months ago where the tappets where also adjusted, surely Honda wouldnt of adjusted them wrong. Ill start looking into vavumme hoses etc. next week, I guess im glad im not the only one who's had this issue, but its still frustrating.

Last edited:
hmm... I'm experiencing a bit of "hesitation" at low rpms, in addition to a couple of other symptoms on a separate threat, e.g car dies at idle at times, and throws misfire codes every now and then.
I was thinking main relay, but maybe 02 sensor is the way to go..

I've got similiar issues with low rpm hesition, usually around 2k when I'm slightly accerating and sometimes it feels as if my power has dropped.

sometimes the car stalls from rpms dropping too low. i can start it up, but it requires more time.

i have no CEL since it's got the AEM 2.

- - - Updated - - -

basically identical to this problem:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDsQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justanswer.com%2Facura%2F1oh8e-i-m-doing-troubleshooting-91-nsx-intermittent.html&ei=p29zUcucMeGCjALXjYGgCw&usg=AFQjCNHUb3BhXJ_iWDGYOcYmGdbtrvWLBA&sig2=J2qNrBDr_7Gfd4waJGB5EA

I was having a hesitation problem and it seems to be fixed after cleaning the throttle body and intake filter. Hopefully it does not come back.

bump this thread since cold is a factor here.

I have read tons of threads now about this hesitation,in tampa is very cold right now and I only have issues when it cold LOL
starts normal, drives normal but the past 2 days ( cold days ) I am getting hesitation around 2-3Krpm it boggs down then kicks in like a rocket.

its a 1992 stock with 6-speed tran

just changed the ICM and cleaned the Throttlebody checked all my vacuum lines and there are no noticable cuts or anything.
its starting to be a pain now, redlining it from stoplight to stoplight it does the same thing not so much in 3-4th gear more moticable in 1,2 and 3rd.
and not so much in 4th, 5th, 6th so you cant notice as much in the higher gears

what do you guys think.

edit: note it started after i put 30 bucks of 92 octane in at BP gas station almost instantly I noticed after i filled up gas related I was thinking fuel pump but wanna try every thing else first before that deadly task LOL

Last edited:
well, apparently the hesitation issue was solved by adjusting the valves. Have you done a valve adjustment? His valves were all lash - which kinda makes me wonder why in addition to the symptom of "hesitation", there wasn't any talk about a ticking or general valve train noise earlier in the post discussions??...

Shawn you might just have a batch of bad gas. If it was fine before the fillup but now hesitates, I would start there. Drain the rest of the gas and refill with a known good source. I only feed my NSX Shell gas from a high traffic station. Find a really busy place like that and try a few gallons of that. May take a few miles to run out the stuff left in the fuel lines and pump.

Honcho do you think I should just go fill up the whole tank with racing fuel they sell it down here for like 14 bucks a gallon LOL

or if a few fill ups of 93 ocane will dilute it enough or should I drain gas tank ( which is not hard at all ) im down to about a quarter tank now
from this last fill up.

Im gonna take off all my vacuum hoses and spray them out with carb& choke cleaner that stuff eats greese like butter

well I just filled my car up with 100 octane racing fuel holy geez 180 bucks for a full tank

since there is prob old gas still left in the fuel lines I cant see any difference yet. cross fingers this fixes the hesitation

Back