• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hey, NSX owners, how is your car perceived?

My NSX gets the kind of attention that you want, and don't want. Everyone likes to watch it cruise the ave, and I've even had a couple local police ask me to give them a sound bite, but you also get a daily invite to race from someone. BTW I'm in WA,... might be different in your neck of the woods.

My two prevous NSXs got looks, almost always while gassing up. Opening up the engine cover to check the oil is like broadcasting an invitation to everyone to come on over, take a peek and ask questions (especially how much did it cost). Within the first 15 minutes of owning my latest NSX, someone showed up with a camera and asked permission to take photos.
Should I charge for that? :smile:

Haha that happened to me when I went to the Video Express.

My NSX get very little attrention other than a few "Nice Car" here and there. And that's ok with me. After driving the DeTomaso Pantera GT5 for the last 7 years, it's a nice break from everybody asking questions, crowding around it, people changing lanes, tailgating and slowing down to look at it or take pictures.

It's a nice change to be able to get away with a little more aggressive driving here and there and not be noticed as much. Besides, I bought it for me, not everyone else.

NSX will always be stared at by those who knows what an NSX is, those that dont will glance and wonder. I had one guy run across the street and ask what kinda car is that, and how old it is when I had my 2000 NSX-T.

My P-GT3 gets just as must attention too by the middle age and older class along with those typical younger group. These are all great cars for all those car enthusiast out there... just enjoy them while you have them...

Look at me, look at you, looking at me and my car! Wheeeee!
toy_car.jpg

I get looks all the time. Even with all the exotics in Scottsdale (AZ) area. The best one though was driving up tree-tunneled Central Avenue in Phoenix, after a day at the office, when a rockin' 20-something pulled up next to me and screamed: "I--WANT--TO--HAVE--SEX--WITH--YOUR--CAR!!!" Hey Buddy! I had to smile at that one...:wink:

'95 Brookland Green/Black, stock.

I think part of the reason it gets so much attention around here is because I'm young.

Gas stations, outside bars and stuff, I'm always questioned about the car. I don't mind at all, it's part of owning something like this. Checking the oil at the gas station always seems to confuse people.

I wouldn't drive anything else, and I think that sums it up.

Usually, the NSX gets some sort of positive attention when I take it out and it's mostly head-turning, things like "nice car", "what kind of car is that?", people wanting to talk about cars, etc. :smile:

However, you might want to know that certain types of car enthusiasts see an NSX and perceive it as a challenge. :eek: Expect some people to try to get you to race, drive recklessly to pass you, tailgate you to get a closer look, etc. :mad:

Usually, it's people with entry-level sports cars, like ricers and people with Mustangs, Cameros, & Firebirds. :rolleyes: Most people with these types of cars drive OK. It just seems that bad apples gravitate towards them.

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread and this has been discussed ad nauseum, so forgive me while I re-lurk.

I get looks all the time. Even with all the exotics in Scottsdale (AZ) area. The best one though was driving up tree-tunneled Central Avenue in Phoenix, after a day at the office, when a rockin' 20-something pulled up next to me and screamed: "I--WANT--TO--HAVE--SEX--WITH--YOUR--CAR!!!" Hey Buddy! I had to smile at that one...:wink:

'95 Brookland Green/Black, stock.

Amazing ...

Here in LA I barely get any looks at all... funny in Atlanta, everyone would look at me...

Like you said, it's not a Diablo or Ferrari but I believe there were more corvettes built last month than NSX's in the last 15 years.
When my car was being unloaded from the hauler some guy in a new corvette did a u-turn and came back to see the car. He said "is that a ferrari?" :frown: A couple of people mentioned people trying to race them and that is what i expected. But i have been pleasantly surprised that i have had many people in "rice rockets" catch up to me on the road, but they never try to race. They just look at the car or give a thumbs up. True the younger generation do give alot of attention to the car but it also comes from anyone with a true love of automobiles. Even the people from other car forums that post how they don't like the NSX will check it out. It seems that most kids love cars, just some of us never grow out of it.

And no it is not a ferrari or lambo, It's better. It's a NSX :biggrin:

When my car was being unloaded from the hauler some guy in a new corvette did a u-turn and came back to see the car. He said "is that a ferrari?" :frown: A couple of people mentioned people trying to race them and that is what i expected. But i have been pleasantly surprised that i have had many people in "rice rockets" catch up to me on the road, but they never try to race. They just look at the car or give a thumbs up. True the younger generation do give alot of attention to the car but it also comes from anyone with a true love of automobiles. Even the people from other car forums that post how they don't like the NSX will check it out. It seems that most kids love cars, just some of us never grow out of it.

And no it is not a ferrari or lambo, It's better. It's a NSX :biggrin:

Nsx is commonly mistaken for a ferrari. I love it.

The NSX gets very little attention where I live. That's only so because there are Lambos, Bentley's, AMG's, McLarens, F-cars, and every other type of collectible and exotic that you can think of. That's also the reason why I like having my NSX as it gets lost in the crowd.

Co-Sign. I know what you mean doc. Why just yesterday I saw:

Porche Turbo S (yellow)
Porche GT (Silver)
Porche GT3 (Yellow)
A few dozen other Porches
A few dozen AMG Benz models
A few dozen BMW 7 series
Corbra Kit car (candy apple)
Corvette Z06 (latest car, in Yellow/red/imola orange bla bla bla)
Aston Martin Vanquish (Silver)
A few dozen BMW M3s
Ferrari 360 (red)
Ferrari F430 Spyder (red)
Lamborghini Gallardo (Yellow)
NSX ('92 black bone stock, I kinda know the guy)

And this was all in a few short hours period. No fancy car shows in the area. Just another typical day in Miami. In fact, I really would like to live someplace else:frown: Miami is for the rich....and I am not rich.

Last edited:
Co-Sign. I know what you mean doc. And this was all in a few short hours period. No fancy car shows in the area. Just another typical day in Miami. In fact, I really would like to live someplace else:frown: Miami is for the rich....and I am not rich.

You need to move to memphis :smile: . Other than the common porsche's, amg's, m3's and the occasional bmw 7's I can't remember the last time i saw one of the others here. I did see a Countach about a month ago.

Why would you even mention the m3's and amg's :confused: . I never even give them a glance.

If you can handle the high crime rate and sharing the road with a couple thousand hummer's, come on up. Other than mine and my buddy PJ's, I haven't seen another nsx here in the past 8 years :biggrin: .

You need to move to memphis :smile: . Other than the common porsche's, amg's, m3's and the occasional bmw 7's I can't remember the last time i saw one of the others here. I did see a Countach about a month ago.

Why would you even mention the m3's and amg's :confused: . I never even give them a glance.

If you can handle the high crime rate and sharing the road with a couple thousand hummer's, come on up. Other than mine and my buddy PJ's, I haven't seen another nsx here in the past 8 years :biggrin: .

The biggest reason for a move to Tennessee would be the great roads:biggrin:. I went up there for the Tail of the Dragon run in '05 and it was incredible:eek:

My buddy TitaniumVtec (prime name) lives up in Tennessee and says he never sees an exotic car at all.

I mentioned the Beemers and AMGs because there are just Sooooo many of them. I know they are not "double take" kinda cars; however, they are extremely expensive. If they wanted to, they could have purchased an Exotic sports car. For that matter, they may well have one sitting at home:biggrin:

The NSX gets very little attention where I live. That's only so because there are Lambos, Bentley's, AMG's, McLarens, F-cars, and every other type of collectible and exotic that you can think of. That's also the reason why I like having my NSX as it gets lost in the crowd.

I don't know where you guys live but my area is hands down #1 in the USA for the highest concentration of luxury and exotic cars and I get TONS of attention with my car. I live in the dead center of Beverly Hills with Bel Air, West Hollywood, Pacific Palisades, Brentwood and Santa Monica being part of my local everyday stomping grounds; and despite the large number of exotics in my area I still get more than my share of attention. Every time I drive down Rodeo Dr. or any of the adjacent streets people are always taking pictures, turning their necks, etc....... It's not uncommon for owners of other more expensive cars (Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc.....) to chat me up, try to race me, etc., when they see me......

To be fair maybe my NSX gets more attention than most because you can hear my car from a block away and/or my car looks like it should not be driven on the street :biggrin:

2567592390085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

The biggest reason for a move to Tennessee would be the great roads:biggrin:. I went up there for the Tail of the Dragon run in '05 and it was incredible:eek:

My buddy TitaniumVtec (prime name) lives up in Tennessee and says he never sees an exotic car at all.

I mentioned the Beemers and AMGs because there are just Sooooo many of them. I know they are not "double take" kinda cars; however, they are extremely expensive. If they wanted to, they could have purchased an Exotic sports car. For that matter, they may well have one sitting at home:biggrin:
TitaniumVtec is up there in east tennessee at the foot of the mountains in maryville. East tennessee is wonderful, that is where i am originaly from, i had to move to memphis for work about 9 years ago :frown: . Memphis is nothing like the east. Here the land is flat, the crime rate is extreemly high and 22"+ wheels are on everything from camaro's to hummers :eek: .

TitaniumVtec is up there in east tennessee at the foot of the mountains in maryville. East tennessee is wonderful, that is where i am originaly from, i had to move to memphis for work about 9 years ago :frown: . Memphis is nothing like the east. Here the land is flat, the crime rate is extreemly high and 22"+ wheels are on everything from camaro's to hummers :eek: .

That doesn't sound fun at all. I guess the bright side is that your car is still unique amongst the others, despite their poor taste :wink: . Maybe I will run into you at the Chattanooga (sp?) event. Assuming I can get my schedule clear for that unpleasantly long drive up.

Diablo,

Yes, your car looks like it just landed from the nearest airport. We all don't have that dramatic a change on our cars. However, if the money tree suddently...erm, had many offspring I wouldn't mind a widebody kit as well.

I was looking at my NSX today while I was at a local park and thought "it may not be the biggest showstopper, but she's mine...and I love her nonetheless".

I don't know where you guys live but my area is hands down #1 in the USA for the highest concentration of luxury and exotic cars and I get TONS of attention with my car. I live in the dead center of Beverly Hills with Bel Air, West Hollywood, Pacific Palisades, Brentwood and Santa Monica being part of my local everyday stomping grounds; and despite the large number of exotics in my area I still get more than my share of attention. Every time I drive down Rodeo Dr. or any of the adjacent streets people are always taking pictures, turning their necks, etc....... It's not uncommon for owners of other more expensive cars (Ferrari's, Lambo's, etc.....) to chat me up, try to race me, etc., when they see me......

To be fair maybe my NSX gets more attention than most because you can hear my car from a block away and/or my car looks like it should not be driven on the street :biggrin:

2567592390085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

Yep, the exhaust and the wing are invites man. Everyone loves of symphony of engine noise, and a car that looks liek it actucally benefits from aero enhancment... they get attention :)

I just picked mine up Friday and I have had more people looking at the car then I ever imagined possible! I guess down here in Louisiana we don't ever see any NSX's or ANY exotic cars for that matter. In the two days I have driven it here, I have had more stares, comments, odd looks, questions, etc than I have ever had in my entire life I think :)

I get stares from the younger kids, the male version of course, age group 15-25 mostly. Women don't look at all, maybe just occassionally when you are waiting for a traffic light.

On the highway I don't notice attention much, am busy driving the car then. The funny thing is that those who want to 'race' are usually the younger yuppie-type people who drive around in a company lease-car, mostly Volkswagen, Audi and sometimes BMW 1-series. Usually even diesel-engined. And for some reason, they always want to race when traffic is dense, never when there is little traffic and space abound :confused:
(I should add that where I live exotics are rare and the German cars usually have the most image and company cars are mostly diesels).

Back