• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hey Prime, Meet Dick. He is a huge NSX/Honda Fan

And for father's day his son asked if I would come and give him a ride as he has never been in an NSX.

He is a huge Honda/Senna/F1 fan and probably knows more about the NSX and its development than most owners. The expression on his face was fantastic.

He had a hard time believing that a stranger would drive an hour just to give him a ride in a car like this!

Just a reminder to remember how blessed we are to be in a position to own these machines!

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

That's pretty cool. Going to car shows you always see that one person that wants to ask if it's Ok to sit in it but the expression when you say yes is pretty cool. The young kids especially.

Going to car shows you always see that one person that wants to ask if it's Ok to sit in it but the expression when you say yes is pretty cool.

It sure is. Question for you guys though: do you take the time to show them how to properly get into the car without rubbing against the bolster, or do you just grin and bear it? S2000 guys always seem to know how to do this properly without me having to say a word, but the average car guy seems to have no clue.

You said it right. Every time I get into my Nsx I think how blessed I am to finally own one.

always fun to share the nsx experience with nonowner enthusiasts..btw looking at your thread title I was pleased to see the op was not Batmans or Hugh,this would have been a very different subject matter:eek:

It sure is. Question for you guys though: do you take the time to show them how to properly get into the car without rubbing against the bolster, or do you just grin and bear it? S2000 guys always seem to know how to do this properly without me having to say a word, but the average car guy seems to have no clue.

I can't say anyone ever taught me a special method, but I don't think I have problems getting into my car.... Maybe someone needs to make a youtube video.

On that note, someone needs to make a video on how to correctly replace a searing-hot targa top. I always feel like I am within inches of burning my fingers and dropping and scratching the thing.

On that note, someone needs to make a video on how to correctly replace a searing-hot targa top. I always feel like I am within inches of burning my fingers and dropping and scratching the thing.

many owners carry gloves for just this reason

Well done! Great way to share the joy of the NSX. That is how I got hooked...and now look at me. :D

I generally give people a quick lesson on getting into the car. If anything It makes it easier because it's so low to the ground.

looking at your thread title I was pleased to see the op was not Batmans or Hugh,this would have been a very different subject matter:eek:

I was kinda waiting for the punch line too, Doc!

I always enjoy giving rides since the NSX doesn't have "oh sh*t" handles. Last week my Mom was in it while I was working on her Avalon and talking about stuff that I didn't want to hear so I broke the tires loose a little to change the subject. She looked around for a handle and reached up and tried to swing the targa release out to use as a grab. I told her that if she did that the roof would fly off. I am glad that the NSX engineers put the slide lock on the release.

Back OT, keep repping the NSX with class- well played. And nice pics, I don't know if you have posted pics before that I have seen.

I can't say anyone ever taught me a special method, but I don't think I have problems getting into my car.... Maybe someone needs to make a youtube video.
There's a whole thread dedicated to this, get with the program man! :tongue:

The consensus is to brace your arm on the door sill and boost yourself over the bolster and into the seat. This technique may not work if you have short/stubby arms. :biggrin:

Great thread I love reading about these kind of threads til someone like Doc makes me LOL......then the OP another LMAO

:biggrin:

How shall Batman/Hugh respond? hmmmmm....the world waits.....

Which one is you and which one is your friend?

Nice looking NSX btw.

I'm assuming Sumeronthechain is the guy with the red shirt since he is driving and he did say he gave Dick a ride not drive.

Nice thing to do Sumeronthechain, very classy :cool:. I went on a drive back during the fall for my old schools motorsport club. One of the freshman showed up but didn't have a car to go with us. I offered him my passenger seat since I had no one with me. He loved the drive and the car. Nice guy and really appreciated it. I don't see the harm in letting people have a ride in one as long as your driving.

Last edited:
The great part of this story is that he will NEVER forget, I was 15 when the girlfriend at the time had an uncle that had a "Ferrari car" as she called it, so after a few months we went to there house and she told him I wanted to see the "Ferrari car", low and behold it was a 1991 blk/blk NSX. She asked him if he could take for a drive, and after that I told myself I would have one in my lifetime, I just didnt realize it would be only 5 years later and I would have my own 91' blk/ivory. 11 years later and still enjoying it.........

Back