• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highest speed achieved and in what car?

Vancehu said:
As for my top speed... 173 on my 03 NSX, I-15 on my way to Vegas, baby!!!
On my 01 S2000, see photo below.

NICE top speed on your nsx!! :biggrin: do you happen to have a pic of that ?

oh and - good job on the s2k - nice pic

RED/BLACKUK3.2 said:
155 mph in a '98 ITR (France)
155 mph in an '02 CTR (UK)
156 mph in '03 S2K (UK)
and 166 in my '00 NSX (UK)

Luckiest escape was in the CTR, when accidentally raced a 3.0 Omega unmarked police car up to the 154 - red line every gear, only to look in my mirror and see alternating head lights flashing, about 200 yds behind...the pulled along side, and signaled for me to slow down...had my heart in my mouth...was shaking like a leaf!

Rarely top 100 now...:wink:

On the way back from Maryland this weekend I had a new GTO pull up beside me and rev his engine on the highway. Then he hit the emergency light and took off like a bat out of hell. Up the road he pulled over behind a Camero SS, that was also undercover. Be careful in PA looks like they are writing a lot of tickets.

140 in the NSX and it felt fast.
145 in my 928S4. It felt like I was going about 80 and could cruise at that speed all day long.

Rt 30 bridge between Columbia and Wrightsville PA. About 1.2 miles long, flat, no radar, and at night (no birds).

Both were once-in-a-lifetime events.

Re:Highest speed achieved and in what car?
IT WOULD HAVE TO BE IN MY NSX ON THE 210 FRWY,AT A TOP SPEED RUN OF 167.OH! ACTUALLY IVE BEEN FASTER ON MY STREET BIKE GSXR 750
AT A TOP SPEED RUN OF 178 ON THE 15 FRWY...KIDS AND AMITURES DONT
TRY THIS...

I will never know how fast i was going but one of my first real jobs was with the sheriffs department. One of my jobs was to go on extradition runs and also to bring back prisoners for court dates. We didn't get paid extra if the trips took longer than 8 hours. The first thing I was told was to bury the gas pedal until we got where we were going. The speedo only went to 120 and the needle was always just stuck over to the right. Going from Savannah to jackson prison and back with stopping for lunch and the stop to pick up a prisoner, havethem searched prior to leaving, car searched and checkout typically took a total of 5 hours. Round trip was just over 400 miles. Went to new orleans in 8 hours no idea how far from savannah. Included stopping in Biloxi to check in with the prison, also multiple gas stops food and bathroom.

This was all back in early 80's

Vancehu said:
Not possible, because the center divider would have been solid straight at that speed, not seperated.
That's not necessarily true. He could have used high speed film and shutter speeds.

160mph, straight into a bird.

DSC01247.JPG

To those who have driven their NSX "deep in" the 3-digits, do you also feel the car's front end getting lighter ? I do notice this in mine and I'm wondering what I can do for the front of the car to feel more "planted" and less squirmy ? A different front diffuser ? A slotted hood ?

My 2002 camaro ss i had. It was slamed to the ground with coilovers. 160mph 5500rpm in fifth gear.

169 indicated (gps 165 recorded) 98 targa C5 Corvette
161 indicated 03 Cobra coupe
150 indicated 97 Cobra coupe
141 indicated 02 S2000
140 indicated 92 Taurus SHO

lets say all the above took place at Nardo

150 in my twin turbo Z....almost 150 in the NSX....the Z gets up there much much quicker, whereas the NSX requires a lot of straight away. Also, the wind noise gets unbearable in the NSX at 140+. :mad:

Joel said:
LOL :D

The fastest I've gone is 120 m.p.h.......in a Ford Focus.

And it was all LEGAL too. I was driving in the Autobahn. :tongue:
I didn't know the Autobahn had hills that steep!:smile:

i thought this would be fun to add.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_CCR

Quote:

"During its review of the CCR's successor, the CCX, BBC television program Top Gear reported that the Koenigsegg CCR holds the record for fastest speeding ticket ever issued: 242 mph. Ticket issued in Texas during Gumball Rally. "

highest for me? a modest 80. but any car can do that...evidently even 87 subaru wagons...:confused:

apapada said:
To those who have driven their NSX "deep in" the 3-digits, do you also feel the car's front end getting lighter ? I do notice this in mine and I'm wondering what I can do for the front of the car to feel more "planted" and less squirmy ? A different front diffuser ? A slotted hood ?

The ducted hoods allow air to travel over the cowl instead of under the car reducing positive lift. They make a big difference at speed.

-- Chris

Back