• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highest speed achieved and in what car?

Speeding and reckless driving are no no's, but i'm guessing we've all been on that deserted stretch of straight highway and felt the urge to floor it (and given in) for a top speed run.

Mine was 127 or 128 in a rented '05 Subaru Legacy 2.5i. Thing was rock solid at that speed.

152 on the PA turnpike.... no blower at the time or nothing-bone stock accept for 2001 rims and a set of lowering springs.

155 (ecu limited) in sl 500, the windows in the nsx are annoyingly bad with wind noise over 125 (but I still run her up to 140's a little more than I should :wink: )

163 in the NSX, with about 500 RPM to go until redline.

Everyone, please supply your drivers license number & more information on specifically when & where you reached these speeds. Saves the police a lot of extra work. thank you. ;)

NeoNSX said:
Everyone, please supply your drivers license number & more information on specifically when & where you reached these speeds. Saves the police a lot of extra work. thank you. ;)

Ditto that .......... anyone catch the superspeeder special report on Inside edition last friday ..... OK nuff said

Do not hate the player.....hate the game.

Live Fast NC said:
Speeding and reckless driving are no no's, but i'm guessing we've all been on that deserted stretch of straight highway and felt the urge to floor it (and given in) for a top speed run.

Mine was 127 or 128 in a rented '05 Subaru Legacy 2.5i. Thing was rock solid at that speed.

Here is my list. I have been pretty lucky to drive some amazing cars.

180 mph (Porsche Carrera 4)
170 mph (Ferrari 348ts)
164 mph (Lamborghini Diablo SV)
162 mph (Acura NSX)
155 mph (BMW 750iL - governor limited)
155 mph (Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo)

I have had several above the 140 mph and 150 mph range, but the ones listed above were my higher numbers.

(For all members of law enforcement, these numbers were on enclosed race tracks with no speed limits.) ;)

Last edited:
Multiple runs to 150-170 in a few cars I've owned. But the fastest I've ever been in a car was as a passenger. We hit 195mph in a Diablo VT driven by Valentino Balboni. :biggrin: And it was on a public road in Italy. :eek:

155.70 mph around the Las Vegas Motor Speedway track in a Mario Andretti Driving Experience Indy car....does that count?? :biggrin: PS...with no windshield it felt a LOT faster!

DocL said:
Multiple runs to 150-170 in a few cars I've owned. But the fastest I've ever been in a car was as a passenger. We hit 195mph in a Diablo VT driven by Valentino Balboni. :biggrin: And it was on a public road in Italy. :eek:

Driving with Balboni period makes you the winner here. How did you swing that?? :eek: :eek:

Meeyatch1 said:
Driving with Balboni period makes you the winner here. How did you swing that?? :eek: :eek:

My father and I were on the Carguy Tour and Balboni was to drive the lead car from the factory to a resturant about 30 miles away. My father told me to go over to and ask him if I could ride shotgun and he said yes. Probably one of the best rides I've been given. Then, last summer up at the Lambo meet at Pocono, I was again a passenger with him in a Murci for about 15 hot laps. I showed him the pictures taken of the two of us in Italy and he remembered me. I also had him sign a few of my 1:18 scale Lambo models.

He's a great guy and is so passionate about automobiles. :smile:

DocL said:
My father and I were on the Carguy Tour and Balboni was to drive the lead car from the factory to a resturant about 30 miles away. My father told me to go over to and ask him if I could ride shotgun and he said yes. Probably one of the best rides I've been given. Then, last summer up at the Lambo meet at Pocono, I was again a passenger with him in a Murci for about 15 hot laps. I showed him the pictures taken of the two of us in Italy and he remembered me. I also had him sign a few of my 1:18 scale Lambo models.

I wish to be able to drive even 90% as well as he can sometime in my life.

What is 265Km/hr in miles and yes in my NSX (HKS sport intake, HKS sport exhaust and Eibach spring lowered). Car starts to vibrate a little at 240Km/hr. Can go faster but straight lane was not long enough. :biggrin:

Buried speedo (waaaay past 160) in a '65 Corvette 327-375 fueler. The car had a 3:08 rear and was balanced and blueprinted, + much head work.
One year after that crazy ride the owner did himself in by driving the car into a 6 ft oak tree. Everyone thought it was a plane crash - pieces for 300 yards. The only thing recognizable to know what it had been was a single round tail light lens.

Zap

DocL said:

Lucky bastard :biggrin:
BTW, does anybody has the link to that video of Jeremy Clarkson riding with Valentino in the Diablo?

Neo, Very funny. :biggrin:

621 kts ground speed ( 714 mph) in the CRJ.
Mach 2.02 at FL60 on Concorde.
Mach 2.8 1,834 kt / 2,112 mph in a Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat at 80k feet :biggrin:
Having my mother yell at me to slow down that she has a pacemaker, in the NSX - priceless :eek:

Back