• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Highest speed achieved and in what car?

I've not broken any speed-limits intentionally recently, but here's some of my past speeds on prior cars in the US for very short periods of time:wink: :

> 88 '91 Pontiac Lemans 4spd:biggrin:
>120+ '91 M3
>132 '93 968
>140+ '95 M3
>145+ '98 540i
>158+ '99 996
>110 '01 330i
>110 '03 Accord

Maybe this wasn't such a great idea to post on a public forum :rolleyes: :biggrin:

current NSX has seen only 140, S2000 140, CTS 3.6 75mph (yup, speed limit from hereon out :cool: )

Though the speedlimter is supposed to kick in at 149mph, I did 152mph:biggrin: in my old Lexus GS 400, on I-10 in Florida (what a flat road)...

Thing is I was "following" an E39 M5 that simply smoked me, he had to be doing 170+.....
Haven't gone over 120mph in my GS 430 and I don't think I will do that crazy crap again!!!

I did 110mph in my 96 Honda Civic DX. Would like to try to get to 120mph one day.

Jin1976 said:
What is 265Km/hr in miles and yes in my NSX (HKS sport intake, HKS sport exhaust and Eibach spring lowered). Car starts to vibrate a little at 240Km/hr. Can go faster but straight lane was not long enough. :biggrin:

Take KM and divide it in half and then add 10-12% of the original mileage. 159mph.

ryans said:
Take KM and divide it in half and then add 10-12% of the original mileage. 159mph.

or multiply by .625 (5/8 of KPH). I don't believe it's *exact* but it's close enough. :wink:

Myself...... 140 MPH in an '82 911 SC on the Autobahn in Germany.

(Did it for about a minute or so and then backed off to 110, at which speed I'd been cruising for about 3 weeks :biggrin: )

Although I am shaken by the recent post with the Porsche and the girl.. and the Enzo crash doesn't make it any easier, my confessions and vow to never do this on (private) road..

155+ in S2000
170+ in the NSX and still pulling strong on a CTSC but out of road.... The car felt very stable.. we were trying to bury the needle... I'm pretty sure the car will do 190+ but not sure where I can safely experience the thrill..
25+ in a 50 CC scooter
12+ as a kid running away from my mom with a stick.. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I GOT YOU ALL BEAT IN A CAR!ecept for bekertb. but I went 186 in my buddies e39 m5. limiter taken off ofcourse.:biggrin:
for being a 4000 pound 4 door saloon it was prety damn stable but none the less. SCARY AS HELL!

155 in my old vette. 150ish in the NSX, 195 on my zx-12R...
Agree with all the other bike guys, 195 was rock solid compared to 155 in the cage... :)

tomc92bb000059 said:
195 on my zx-12R...

speedo.jpg

Liar! you know that was in 6th with a 18/57 or so similiar setup you use for stunting Hugh! lol

Indicated reads 210 but actual is probably more like 65, lol. :wink: :biggrin:

151 '94 Subaru Impreza WRX 16g turbo (car pulled strong to redline 5th gear and could go no further due to gear limitation:()
15x in the XT against an E39 M5 from a 90 mph roll on (wasn't pretty for the E39)
142 in blue '02 WRX w/18g turbo
12x in NSX (somewhat of a slouch at pulling from high speeds, unfortunately)

All of the above took place on the autobahn under safe conditions.

Oh, come on now hugh... :)
We all know about speedo error. At 195, my speedo registers 220... :)
I think that kaws are a bit more optimistic than sucksuki's though :)

Still good to know there are others out there that use the bike to it's potential...

In Norway: 84 mph on public road, just to see how hard it accellerated. I don't have the balls to go any higher here, I love my driving license and driving too much to risk it. If getting caught speeding over 84 mph you loose your lisence here. My job requires driving everyday too, can't risk it :(

Germany, Autobahn: This summer, rented BMW E60 525 @ approx. 125 mph with 5 guys and the trunk loaded.

Would definetley go faster on Autobahn if the car allows it. To me 300 km/h limit (190 mph approx) is how far I would go on Autobahn, don't have the courage to go any higher. Way too fast for my reflexes and sight.

I guess I don't have the balls.

|Adeel said:
Would definetley go faster on Autobahn if the car allows it. To me 300 km/h limit (190 mph approx) is how far I would go on Autobahn, don't have the courage to go any higher. Way too fast for my reflexes and sight.

I guess I don't have the balls.

Actually, it sounds more like you have "too much common sense.":tongue:

Back