• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda badges?

Hey how bout Hong Kong....did'nt think I knew about that did ya?:biggrin:

we as human want what others have sad I know but guys in the UK switch to Acura logo, guys in Aus switch to Acura logo, USA switch to Honda logo, etc.etc

People in Japan leave it as Honda logo they are Proud...and should be

as for the acura logo looking better than the honda logo, I dont know about that it more like lexus logo vs the toyota logo its status symbol kinda thing

I paid an extra 20K for the same exact Camry but it has the lexus logo instead LOL sheep

So can we start an exchange program? Those in the US that want Honda stuff could swap their Acura logos with those overseas who want Acura items and have Honda badging...any takers? :) Seriously...

I am still waiting for people to swap on a Corvette logo just to mess with people :p

I saw an NSX with Ferrari badges on eBay once... :-/

Personally I find it correct, open up the hatch or open a door on a NSX and it say's "Made by Honda Motor Co."

Also Honda's are generally superior to Acura's in terms of specifications and trim.

+1

because in essence, the NSX is a Honda. look at the stickers on your windows and windshield. the door jam plates. various engine stickers. the valve cover saying "Honda Motor Co.". etc. etc.

+1

I changed mine to Honda because that's what it is

+1

Honda has a long history in Formula 1 and endurance, it is the same thing in motorcycle Grand Prix (Continental Circus and endurance), brand Acura is totally unknown in the world of motor sport

+1

Honda is cooler, and speaks to the enthusiast in me. Acura is for the unwashed buffoons of North America who couldn't fathom a Japanese car costing as much as a beemer.

+1 & +1

Lots of people just want their cars to be different from everyone else's.

+1

I have had many Hondas in my life and still own several. I'm proud own a Honda and Acura means nothing to me. One of the reasons i bought a TSX over the TL is the TSX is made 100% in Japan. I believe the Hondas made in Japan last longer and are built better S2000, CRX, Del sol, Nsx and so on. I own a Honda NSX

I am proud the car is a Honda. Acura was just invented to help people understand that Honda can play in BMW territory...

Wearing Honda keeps their flagship alive and showing the world that they are more than Civics & Accords. It's also a way to remind the public of Honda's engineering superiority (hey, they invented V-tec!)...and how they can also play in Ferrari territory...the ULTIMATE auto sport: Formula One!

Honda's engineering superiority
Like hell... most people don't even know a 1/4 of how much better Honda is then pretty much everything, (although BMW does a good job trying)

- V-Tec is well known (started in early 80's on motorcycle btw)
- What do you think of oval pistons? in both 32V and 16V setups even with superchargers!
- First in car navigation (self developed gyroscope based) back in '78 on the Accord.
- World's advanced robots.
- Take a look at a old CVCC engine, they even made a prototype Chevy V8 with Honda cylinder heads!
- SH-AWD, literally ahead of it's time when first introduced

Cool thing is these idea's all work, not just in theory but reliably daily!

Last edited:
they even made a prototype Chevy V8 with Honda cylinder heads!

I read about this in a training manual on the history of Honda / Acura when I worked for an Acura dealership...how they put V-Tec heads on a Chevy 350 V8 and presented it to a Senate committee regarding how to make an engine more efficient in hp while still maintaining good gas mileage...I CANNOT find ANYTHING about this since...anyone got a story or a link about this event?

I read about this in a training manual on the history of Honda / Acura when I worked for an Acura dealership...how they put V-Tec heads on a Chevy 350 V8 and presented it to a Senate committee regarding how to make an engine more efficient in hp while still maintaining good gas mileage...I CANNOT find ANYTHING about this since...anyone got a story or a link about this event?

I've got a copy of the EPA test report, it wasn't V-Tec but CVCC.
Dual combustion zones a lean center and rich outer.

You can download the test report here: http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/reports/402.pdf
Whilst GM and Ford where struggling to meet regulations and cutting output in half Honda made the engine pass with out EGR or a Catalytic converter just by tuning the combustion and cylinder head.
They used that to remain on emission targets for a decade before adopting emission equipment.

Also note the Prototype direct injection Ford VS Honda test, Honda still wins.

Last edited:
So can we start an exchange program? Those in the US that want Honda stuff could swap their Acura logos with those overseas who want Acura items and have Honda badging...any takers? :) Seriously...
It's already been done. I swapped the center caps on my 16"/17" wheels with an owner in Europe. :)

I've got a copy of the EPA test report, it wasn't V-Tec but CVCC.
Dual combustion zones a lean center and rich outer.

You can download the test report here: http://www.carsandracingstuff.com/library/reports/402.pdf
Whilst GM and Ford where struggling to meet regulations and cutting output in half Honda made the engine pass with out EGR or a Catalytic converter just by tuning the combustion and cylinder head.
They used that to remain on emission targets for a decade before adopting emission equipment.

Also note the Prototype direct injection Ford VS Honda test, Honda still wins.

Awesome...Thanks!

The story I read in an Acura dealership employee training binder went something like:

At a certain point in history, a US government committee told all the automakers they have three years to get their engine line compliant to a certain emission standard.

All the automakers regrouped with the government committee three years later, with the domestic "Big Three" starting the meeting to sadly tell the government that, "We cannot meet those emissions levels while maintaining enough horse-power to sell our cars. The technology simply does exist yet."

Just then, Honda interrupted from the back of the room to ask, "If we may..."

They proceeded to wheel out a Chevrolet 350 V8 with (as I remember) V-Tec Honda heads installed on it. They then proceeded to show that the engine could easily meet the standards set forth. TOTALLY pissing off the "Big Three" who sat there in stunned silence with egg running down their faces.

...FTW! :D

THAT's what I remember reading...and sitting there afterwards thinking WOW...WOW...WOW! That must have been sooooooo embarrassing for the big three...

ANYONE worked at an Acura dealership in the early 2000's and remember this training binder? I would LOVE to get a copy of this story...correct or not.

It's already been done. I swapped the center caps on my 16"/17" wheels with an owner in Europe. :)

Sign-up thread link? :)

Who wants to swap Honda "H" logo center caps for Acura logo-ed ones on NA1 OEM wheels? Anyone got a set (new or used) they want to part with anyway? PM me...

Id throw a red Acura badge on my front fascia if i could find one that wasnt all bubbly shaped and cheap looking. Would have to be the same quality as the OEM Japan 'H' but thats not going to happen.

Back