• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda confirms NSX for 2010

"Honda has recently confirmed speculation that its next-gen Acura NSX will arrive over a year later than the expected 2008-2009 timeframe earlier suggested by CEO Takeo Fukui. The news comes after president of Honda America Tetsuo Iwamura let slip that the car will arrive in 2010 and said “we are developing it without any delay.”

A report from Ward’s Auto suggests that the U.S. could be the first market to receive the sports car ahead of its home market Japan. “In case of the introduction order, at this moment I can’t tell, but the U.S., you know, has a majority of the (Acura) customers – that (is something) you have to think about,” Iwamura was quoted as saying.

So far little is known about the NSX, with a credible concept yet to be released. Honda did unveil the Acura Advanced Sports Car Concept (pictured) in Detroit earlier this year and a production version was expected for Tokyo, but this was not to be as the concept was called for a redesign. What is known is that it will feature an all new V10 and is expected to be more of a luxury GT than the high-tech supercar the previous model was. "

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/news/honda-confirms-nsx-for-2010/

Mmmmm yet more smoke screens. I'll believe it when I see it. Nothing against Honda but there seems to be a disconnect in some of their press details.

The ASCC is not a next gen NSX. Its a different car with a different layout, FR vs. the NSX's MR, hence its a different car IMO. To call it the "next gen" NSX seems dubious. Unless of course they meant to say the NSX's "replacement" instead of "next gen", that tag line I will accept for the ASCC.

But who knows maybe they have some super secret MR project on the way, which could then be deemed a true "next gen" NSX. We can always hope.

^^
well your right, but remember when the NSX first came out...it did exactly what the GT-R is doing now. Produce a car under $100k that can outperform the competition and have good reliability.

The neo NSX has to be better than the GTR now even if it isnt AWD(neo NSX)

The GT-R is going to have EVERY car company scrambling. I can only imagine Porsche is crapping themselves right now...Dentists everywhere are going to start driving GT-R's instead of 911's! :)

YAWN. Another forecast for the NSX launch date...I think we've been here before. Guess we will wait and see..or at least wait until 2009 to hear the new prediction that it will be out in 2011.

forecast:
Year 2009: Honda has announced a refocusing on their lineup. The once great Formula 1 competitor is focusing its entire engineering might on producing Hydrogen powered and plug and play electric people haulers. They have decided not to compete with cars that in their CEO's words "add to the pollution and stresses on the resources of the mother earth". Honda has also announced that their former Formula 1 engineers have successfully developed the world's first toaster that automatically shuts off when the correct crispness has been achieved in the average sliced bread. That, a beaming CEO Fukui stated is the greatest achievement of the Honda Motor co. in the 21st century. The engineers are also hard at work on the first truly automatic dryer where removing the lint will be every 100 loads rather than every 3 loads.

Mr. Fukui also declared that he has successfully and completely neutered the Honda motor co. and that it is now to his liking as it represents the company equivalent of his own self.

Nothing is credible at this point unless it's posted by HONDA. These car magazine mumbo jumbo is just annoying now.

^

Last edited:
LLLLLLets get ready,,,to get ready.....In your best Bruce Buffer voice.:tongue:

that gtr and the new ZR-1 are gonna be hard to beat. they are priced right and perform well. I can't imagine what a few upgrade will do to these beasts!!!

The GT-R is going to have EVERY car company scrambling. I can only imagine Porsche is crapping themselves right now...Dentists everywhere are going to start driving GT-R's instead of 911's! :)

This dentist is going to be driving an LF-A. I'm sick of Honda's delays and crap styling. Knock it all you want, but at least Toyota said they were going to build it, when they were going to build it, and what it was going to look like. Being straightforward with your cutomers.....what a novel idea!!!!!

Hilarious post about the toaster and the dryer. I wonder if on a dryer forum somewhere if they'd be debating on whether or not the dryer would be front load or mid-loading. If it would run on gas or be a hybrid. If they would hire some dumb ass kid to style the dryer to look like a silver suppository or if Comptech will make a low restriction dryer vent to place on it. Merry Christmas everyone!!:smile:

It would be highly unlikely that Honda will aim to achieve the acceleration numbers of the GTR. It is not in Honda's DNA to go for pure speed and power. Fukui is one lost puppy with this on again off again NSX. His high power V10 is trash talk and out of character for "America's most fuel efficent car company", especially given the bill for 40 mpg (fleet) by 2020 has been put in place. Honda has all about doing more with less. Now fukui want to do a new car with more in a industry climate heading towards efficency. He is out of sync. Even the future Enzo will be lighter and sporting a blown V8.

Back to Nissan, I don't know how Nissan does it 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 mile in 11.6 at 121 mph. These numbers don't jive with a 3800 lbs car at 473hp. Compare it to other AWD cars such as Gallardo and the Gallardo is lighter, more powerful, yet somehow slower. I suspect Nissan tweaked the boost for press cars and initial production cars. Hey, it has been done before by multiple manufactures to get good numbers to the press and wow the public, then dial back the boost to reduce warranty claims.

Back to Nissan, I don't know how Nissan does it 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 mile in 11.6 at 121 mph. These numbers don't jive with a 3800 lbs car at 473hp.

I agree, something smells fishy. If the car is indeed 3800 lbs, it must be/has to be producing much more power than Nissan is claiming. One source has stated 473 hp AT THE WHEEL. Given a 15% transmission loss, that would translate to roughly 550 HP at the crank!!!:eek:

If the LF-A turns out to be a dud or priced like a Ferrari, I am very interested in the GT-R EVO that is to be significantly lighter and even more powerful and has been spotted testing already. Nissan has clearly shaken the world of performance cars and done so at a price point that must earn them credit.

All i can say is that i hope the GT-R is the best thing since sliced bread and i hope it sells really well! It will make every other manufacturer...especially HONDA wake up and smell roses. Honda has delayed this car more times than any of us can count so they're pretty much crying wolf as far as im concerned. Ill believe it when i see it.

In the mean time.......sell on Nissan!! Sell on!!!

Hahaha, like all the promisses in the past I'm not willing to believe that there will be a HSC in 2010. Forget it! An Aston-Martin-rival as an NSX-successor? That's no successor for a mid-engine car, forget it!

And the value of our car rises....:)

"Future: Next-Gen Acura NSX is go! Finally...
Honda builds the everyman's Ferrari

By Allyson Harwood, Todd Lassa
Art By Lineale Design

A year after it quietly announced that the 2005 Acura NSX--a car originally launched way back in 1991--would be the last, Honda has revealed plans to introduce its successor. The new car may not be named NSX, however, a source says, and it is set to make its debut in late 2006 as a 2007 model. And--get this--this next-generation version is likely to be powered by a V-10 engine."

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concept_cars/112_0510_acura_nsx/

Wow, cool...it's already here! :rolleyes:

I agree, something smells fishy. If the car is indeed 3800 lbs, it must be/has to be producing much more power than Nissan is claiming. One source has stated 473 hp AT THE WHEEL. Given a 15% transmission loss, that would translate to roughly 550 HP at the crank!!!:eek:

^ that is true. A japanese dyno(at the hub) was done and it showed 470hp AT THE WHEELS!!

Also there is a special"secret" feature for launch control and if turned off it can only do 0-60 in 4sec...lol

Back