• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda HSV-010 GT

I think what Honda needs to do is to improve the NA1 or NA2 NSX.
The NSX was a really good car already, it doesn't need complete overhaul of design.
Look at Porsche 911, since early 1960s, they haven't changed the overall concept of it.
Both interior/exterior look similar to the 1st gen 911 even for the latest 911.

What Porsche decided to do was to improve the current 911 instead of complete re-design..just add turbo, add power, add widebody, add radiator, add more technology and some updates.
I would say that's all Honda needs to do to the NSX.

This is what Honda needs to sell...add bigger engine, turbo or widebody, just like how Porsche did to the 911.

honda-nsx-mugen-rr-concept.jpg

Last edited:
Where are the haters of NSX is dead, FR sucks, Soichiro's spirit is dead, and I can't believe Honda dropped the MR design?:rolleyes::biggrin:

LOL I was thinking about this the other day as I haven't seen one since the pics and track vids came out.

I also wondered how the V8 got put together so soon:confused:

How long are they allowed to race it without selling the cars to the public?

It looks a bit Z4, S2000 and SLKish.

How long until there are SC and Turbo kits for it? :smile:

+1 :D

My only caveat is that they should not call it "NSX". Which, as I understand it, turns out to be the case since Acura was going to call it "Sports" or "Velocity Sports" or something...

LOL I was thinking about this the other day as I haven't seen one since the pics and track vids came out.

I also wondered how the V8 got put together so soon:confused:

Last edited:
Re: Honda HSV-10 New Photo

Our NSX="New Sportscar eXperimental"
This car can easily begat the "Next Sportscar eXperimental", so they can justify the moniker.

I love this car, and seeing the SuperGT version makes my heart weep for what might have been.

Something tells me the next Honda sports car will likely be an evolution of the CRX or the S2000. Something easier to market to a bigger audience.

Re: Honda HSV-10 New Photo

Looks cool, but not as cool as the HSC. Plus, it's unoriginal *cough*TVR Sagaris*Cough*.
TVR%20Sagaris%20-%201024x768.jpg

This car looks hot but you cant get them in the states.

I dont like the hatchback look on the honda.

Last edited:

I complained about the other potential NSX replacements because I didn't want one. Now I'm going to complain because I can't have one!

I love the sound, the look, all of it. I hope it's competitive and makes it to the ALMS circuit in a category outside of the Acura teams.

Actually the back gives you a similar impression as the ASC but this time it was done right. But the actual design is pretty different too.

If anything it looks more like the previous renditions I saw (see attachment).

The front is completely different. I see no resemblance to the ASC.

I am actually loving the look of this car. I assume they'll tone down the front for the production version but all-in-all very exotic and fierce looking.

Attachments

• phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg
    phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Where are the haters of NSX is dead, FR sucks, Soichiro's spirit is dead, and I can't believe Honda dropped the MR design?:rolleyes::biggrin:

Oh, we're still around... At least this looks a bit better than the last concept (though not as instantly and insanely gorgeous as the HSC) Hehe :tongue:

Actually the back gives you a similar impression as the ASC but this time it was done right. But the actual design is pretty different too.

If anything it looks more like the previous renditions I saw (see attachment).

The front is completely different. I see no resemblance to the ASC.

I am actually loving the look of this car. I assume they'll tone down the front for the production version but all-in-all very exotic and fierce looking.

I was talking more about the side lines and rear panels, the front is obviously completely different. Haven't seen that rendition before, which is a facelift from the one I posted. Looks a lot better then the one I posted, but still similar, just more production friendly. :biggrin:

Is it common in racing to have a smaller diameter rear rim than front rim? Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks as if that's the case in the side profile of the pictures posted on the first page with the gold TE-37.

Is it common in racing to have a smaller diameter rear rim than front rim? Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks as if that's the case in the side profile of the pictures posted on the first page with the gold TE-37.

I think it's just an illusion. I see the same thing in that side-on photo, but most of the rest of the pictures give the impression of similar size.

...and I'm a nerd and did put a ruler up against my monitor. :biggrin:

You are right, but I am so glad that at least they didn't let the ASC/HSV program died after initial testing in Nurburgring/Suzuka. And perhaps just like Lexus, it will see some light that a production model will be available for us to buy. But I've imagine that it would be at least not till 2011/2 before we see something this incredible on any of our driveway.
Specs are scares, but I'd imagine that this V8 came from the F1 program without the pneumatic valvetrain, and stroke up? or perhaps much closer to the F3000 series Mugen V8? Sounds absolutely amazing if u ask me and with 3.4L V8 making/limited to 500hp for race trim.

Looks pretty similar to the previous version that everyone was bitching about last time:biggrin:

http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/acura_advanced_sports_car_concept_detroit_2.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1516/templeofvtecrumorsandne.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/acura_advanced_sports_car_concept_detroit.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1516/templeofvtecrumorsandne.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

yeah, if you got presbyopia

Back