• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda SM600

Wow great video! If I heard that thing pass me I wouldn've sworn that it had some sort of rediculous engine swap. "You know, a little motor screaming its head off is a lot more exciting than a big motor moving slowly" - Jay Leno:biggrin:

Yeah, I just "discovered" this video ... came back to post it up and found this thread.

The sound of that little car is unbelievable. Made me go to eBay just to see if any are for sale (there aren't).
Jay calls it the forerunner of the NSX and the S2000. I wonder if he'll ever feature the NSX.

Yeah, that exhaust note is awesome. And so is that website in general. Normally, I only enjoy the technical side of autodom but this was refreshingly honest and relaxed "layman's" presentation of the cars.

The 600 and 800s for sale are few and far between. If you get a chance to snag one, do it quick.

awesome video, thanks for sharing, I wish someone would make replica for these cars, and put a CBR1000RR engine in it

The S600s are incapable of handling the power (these cars are driven by chains to the rear wheels (like a motorcycle). The S800s with its live rear axle on the other hand...:biggrin:

Jay gets it. Anyone who pisses about the NSX being a small low HP motor should have to watch jays video. It's all about working the car.

Now that was a good video. I wonder were one can pick one up and for how much. Anybody know the timeline for production? Also whats the diference between the s500, s600 and the s800?

Great video, thank you for the link and obviously it is quite hard not to watch his other shows.

I watched this.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=187639

I love it when he said, "I deliberately instructed the camera man not to show the speedometer as to this cannot be used against me in court". Then he checks both of his rear-view mirrors for cops, and says " Let's give a little throttle here" and punched it for couple seconds. Wow, amazing sound, it was music to my ears.

Anyway, time to watch for more of his videos.

niM

Back