• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda v8: Off again:

26000 light years from the nearest black hole
http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-postpones-v8-to-2015.htm

In the current global economy a relatively mainstream car like the RL getting a V8 would be less advisable. However, a halo car like the NSX replacement should not be affected bythe economic downturn. If this story is accurate, it could mean that HONDA is positioning itself to launch the V10 for the super car and tightening elsewhere. At least I hope so.

Or, perhaps the story is completely without merit.

honda_v8.jpg

I doubt it. If Honda has a V8 in work, it make sense to put it into the next RL/Legend.

If this engine is ready in a year or two, economy will be fine by then, or we hope.

They need the V8 in their line up. SUV, RL, etc.

My source indicates they are moving forward with it...of course, this was a month ago, so who knows.

I can't say anything else.
:smile:

with gas near 1.60 a gallon, I think the v8 should be nicely welcomed...

How about Honda NSX replacement: Off again

With the world wide recession likely to drag on for a while, Honda would sell 50 NSX replacements a year :biggrin:

Maybe with a V8 in the stable Honda will build a descent pick-up truck.

Trucks are out. Nissan is already throwing in the towel on the Titan...going to use a Dodge platform next time around. (assuming Dodge is still alive)

If that doesn't tell you something...

Wouldnt doubt it since Honda just pulled out of F1 citing bad economic times.

Back